996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

1999 ran... Now it doesn't. (New battery installed)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 05:40 PM
MrOz is on a distinguished road
NEW UPDATE:
Seems that whoever installed the door handles after the car was painted, simply forgot to click together one of the wire harness on the passenger side that activates the electric door lock. I hooked it up, now everything works properly again. STILL... the car doesnt want to start. I had this issue (identical) back in Jan. (car NOT starting)... in Jan. I removed the fuel filter and replaced it with a new one... but not before checking to see if the pump pumped fuel through the old filter. The pump DID pump fuel through the old filter. Figured I'd install the new filter anyway. After installing the new filter, the car started!! Even though both filters seemed good/perfect. It doesn't quite explain why I'd have this same issue AGAIN (now).

Since getting the pass. door to work didn't get the car to start, I guess I'll do EXACTLY what I did back in Jan. Get under the car (pain in the a**) remove the gas line to the fuel line (rear of the filter)... put my home made fuel filter relay bypass wire in, and see if the pump pumps the gas though the filter. Hook up the gas line again and try to start the car. As mentioned above... the car started last Jan. when I did this. Made absolutely NO sense. However... I was VERY happy I "fixed" my no-starting issue. I'll try again tomorrow and let ya all know what transpires.

Talk about frustration!!

Last edited by MrOz; 08-10-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:36 PM
MrOz is on a distinguished road
It was the fuel pump! Fooled me because it still had a bit of power. But not enough to actually pump gas at the correct pressure.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:48 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrOz
It was the fuel pump! Fooled me because it still had a bit of power. But not enough to actually pump gas at the correct pressure.
Hmmm. Must've been a coincidence that it failed the same time as your battery. Glad you figured it out.