996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New Member... question about exhaust...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 05:56 PM
eight0zero is on a distinguished road
Smile New Member... question about exhaust...

im a new member... (BTW this is already turning out to be a great forum) i just bought an 01 996 C2 with the full oem aero kit. I want to begin the modding process... so Ive done some searching in terms of exhausts and coilovers but I cant find a definite answer (not saying one exists) about the fabspeed vs. agency power vs. ghl, etc.

I guess I just would like a general concensus of answers from people about their exhausts. I know this is really general but to make things more relative: I like a strong, powerful, muscular sound that is not overwhelmingly loud persay. i like a unique sound... i can tolerate a lot of "loudness" as long as it sounds unique...

thanks for everyone's input...

Btw, I hear that the best coilover for light track use/ street use is the pss9... correct me if im wrong... thanks everyone.

toast to the beginning of mods

Old 03-23-2007, 09:21 PM
ChromeHearts is on a distinguished road
welcome to 6speed. For occassional track use and street use I agree with the pss9. Do a search for exhaust clips or come to a local meet and hear them for yourself!

Old 03-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Next local meet is on April 4, 2007 ...... Get a few to choose from. Just depends on who shows up... I'll be there GHL

Too bad you're on the East Coast...

-Eli

Old 03-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by eight0zero
im a new member... (BTW this is already turning out to be a great forum) i just bought an 01 996 C2 with the full oem aero kit. I want to begin the modding process... so Ive done some searching in terms of exhausts and coilovers but I cant find a definite answer (not saying one exists) about the fabspeed vs. agency power vs. ghl, etc.

I guess I just would like a general concensus of answers from people about their exhausts. I know this is really general but to make things more relative: I like a strong, powerful, muscular sound that is not overwhelmingly loud persay. i like a unique sound... i can tolerate a lot of "loudness" as long as it sounds unique...

thanks for everyone's input...

Btw, I hear that the best coilover for light track use/ street use is the pss9... correct me if im wrong... thanks everyone.

toast to the beginning of mods
Get PSE, they sound great an you can put (play) with different kind of (aftermarket) tips. If you get aftermarket exhaust youre (most likely) stuck to with there tips only.

edit: PSS9...just do it and save yourself alot of grief....
Oh Yeah....PICS or BAN!!!!