997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: ECU Tuning Poll & Users' Reports for 997 Turbo
36.84%
35.09%
Other US Tuners (Post tuner's name please.)
17.54%
Other European Tuners (Name please.)
10.53%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

ECU Poll and Users' Reports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Cannga

We have been using GIAC for many years now and have been extremely happy with the results for many reasons..

Some of which are= Reliability, Driveability, Outstanding customer support, a realistic approach to power gains. (Not pie in the sky claims that some tuners make)

Just my 02.cents.

Proofs in the pudding - Dyno before and after... Its the increase in power you are looking for and not the peek #..

Old 04-22-2009, 01:26 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
And my understanding is that GMG now has dyno equipment on facility, right? Have you had a chance to dyno any Porsche Turbo yet?

Say, aren't you the same group who just won Long Beach Grand Prix? Kidding and congrats once again. Postings by pro tuners/racing concerns are what makes 6speedonline so unique.

Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Cannga

We have been using GIAC for many years now and have been extremely happy with the results for many reasons..

Some of which are= Reliability, Driveability, Outstanding customer support, a realistic approach to power gains. (Not pie in the sky claims that some tuners make)

Just my 02.cents.

Proofs in the pudding - Dyno before and after... Its the increase in power you are looking for and not the peek #..

Old 04-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Giac

I am repeating myself but I am extremely pleased with my AWE 620 kit with the GIAC software. Besides delivery lots of smooth power (HP and TQ) right across the band it also stays well shy of the limit of the heat ceiling (re reliability) of the stock turbos (and clutch). It may on paper make a little less TQ than some others but I appreciate the balance between smooth power and turbo reliability. Other may have different driving interests but I can only go with mine and my experience with the software (and that's all they do - software). I had same exerience with GIAC on my E46 M3 VFE supercharger - beautiful. I should take it out of third and over 50 some time to see what it can really do !

This is a good post because there is NO product or company bashing (yahoo!). It seems to be a matter of info, recommendations, and personal taste in driving interests. That said, GIAC was always available to me before and after my purchase to answer my questions.

Have a good summer of driving folks!
K.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
And my understanding is that GMG now has dyno equipment on facility, right? Have you had a chance to dyno any Porsche Turbo yet?

Say, aren't you the same group who just won Long Beach Grand Prix? Kidding and congrats once again. Postings by pro tuners/racing concerns are what makes 6speedonline so unique.

Cannga..

Yup thats us

We have run several 997TT's on our dyno.. Addiitonally our dyno is available for rent if you need tuning or testing done... Regardless if you purchase software from us.

Here is some info on our dyno and test cell.

http://www.gmgracing.com/dyno.shtml

If you just want to verify a # or looking for before and after #'s.

Dyno is available to all makes and models of cars - European, Asian and American...

Feel free to drop me a line to schedule.

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 04-22-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Wow this post is not biased with the links in the poll....

Softronic ECU Flash on my 997TT. Original post is here - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/pr...ext-level.html

Softronic Flash with JIC Cross exhaust on 93 octane made 100 wheel horsepower on my car.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:39 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
IMO this thread should be for operators only
Otherwise we have a bunch of commercials, not saying anything is wrong with that, but this thread was an attempt at unbiased info gathering and I see a pissing match in the near future.

My 09 Turbo has EVO 93 oct ecu, BRVs, Headers, IPD PLenum, Cargraphic Exhaust.
I have posted a thread about my initial reactions. I have about 400 miles now since getting "chipped" and I am just amazed. I have a perma grin for hours after driving her. I have driven other cars that were chipped, some had a rough idle, some had abrupt power/tq curves. EVO is perfect for daily driving and when you need to move, hit the sport button. I am almost used to the new level of horsepower. I can't wait to get the suspension set up and then IC's and new turbos are coming my way

FWIW, my dealer loves EVoMS and Alex at Sharkwerks has been a pleasure to deal with.

I did months of independent research and found these initial mods to be best for my application.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:15 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
By far the best bang for the buck ECU mod...Fred Flintstone swears by it...and the best part is you can negate an additional passengers weight by having them contribute to boost pressure.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:23 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
All I can say is the Ruf ECU is phenomenal, and the upgraded Sachs clutch is very easy to live with on a DD. The car feels like it rolled out of the factory like this, albeit a very special factory !

Old 04-24-2009, 08:10 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JZRS4
My 09 Turbo has EVO 93 oct ecu, BRVs, Headers, IPD PLenum, Cargraphic Exhaust.
Why the 93 oct. ECU? Doesn't EVO's flash have various maps inside already and if you have 100 octane in the tank, it will use the 100 octane map and if it senses knock, lower and lower octane map will be used?
BTW I just ordered from EVOMS a new ECU along w/ a slightly used Milltek exhaust w/ 200 cell cats.
Is the exhaust swap fairly easy? I searched but there're no instructions.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:07 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bli8
Why the 93 oct. ECU? Doesn't EVO's flash have various maps inside already and if you have 100 octane in the tank, it will use the 100 octane map and if it senses knock, lower and lower octane map will be used?
BTW I just ordered from EVOMS a new ECU along w/ a slightly used Milltek exhaust w/ 200 cell cats.
Do a search with eclou as the user name, and AWE exhaust as your search parameters...great photos. Make sure you have penetrating oil...

Old 04-24-2009, 11:33 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
What happened to the sticky on this thread?

With no significant complaints posted and 46 voters so far, the take-home message is everyone seems happy with whatever ECU flash they are running. EVOMS and GIAC have the most representation in the poll, but it sounds like other companies put out quality products too. When it comes to choosing a flash, it seems at least as important to find a company/tuner you can develop a good relationship with.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:59 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bbywu
Do a search with eclou as the user name, and AWE exhaust as your search parameters...great photos. Make sure you have penetrating oil...
Thanks for the search tip, and thanks for saving me a lot of aggrevation. This looks over my head and I've got a quote of 4 hrs. from a very reliable shop and I'll let them earn that money whie I go have breakfast and do some shopping next Saturday.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:38 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
the exhaust is doable but a real knuckle buster, I would just let the shop do it.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:45 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bli8
Bruce,

Glad to see you went with the ECU flash. I told you... Your DD cruiser is going to end up a 700hp beast one of these days. We're going to have to line it up against your Ford GT.