997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fastest PDK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:26 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
These cars running high 10's only have a tune?

Old 09-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DarrinB
These cars running high 10's only have a tune?
see post #9

That car had our VTG 650.2 Power System on it.
- Upgraded Billet VTG Turbos
- 70mm Exhaust
- EVOMS Billet Diverter Valves
- EVOMS Clubsport 44.5mm Headers
- EVOMSit ECU Software

Old 09-21-2010, 08:32 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Here is a pic from that day:

Old 09-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Here is a pic from that day:

AH HA.. i spotted it.. the mint green shirt good for .2 in the 1/4 mile..

Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
see post #9

That car had our VTG 650.2 Power System on it.
- Upgraded Billet VTG Turbos
- 70mm Exhaust
- EVOMS Billet Diverter Valves
- EVOMS Clubsport 44.5mm Headers
- EVOMSit ECU Software
I see, thanks.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
Mike,

Here are some fun facts for you. When Excellence tested this particular vehicle they had 3/4 of a tank of fuel and a passenger ( to Porsche AG test spec ). With that being said weight was not on our side. Along with these rules being strictly enforced, "The War Admiral" also had our Werks 1 Aerokit which produces a CD of .338 vs .302 stock. With our Aero Package we are producing an extra 400 lbs of downforce when compared to stock.

This 0-60 test was conducted after a long day of Road Course activities ( 4 hours of intense track use ) With all of this being said about our road course warrior transforming itself into a 1/4 mile sprinter we are very confident in our statement that WE HAVE THE FASTEST PDK 997 TURBO.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
Mike,

Here are some fun facts for you. When Excellence tested this particular vehicle they had 3/4 of a tank of fuel and a passenger ( to Porsche AG test spec ). With that being said weight was not on our side. Along with these rules being strictly enforced, "The War Admiral" also had our Werks 1 Aerokit which produces a CD of .338 vs .302 stock. With our Aero Package we are producing an extra 400 lbs of downforce when compared to stock.

This 0-60 test was conducted after a long day of Road Course activities ( 4 hours of intense track use ) With all of this being said about our road course warrior transforming itself into a 1/4 mile sprinter we are very confident in our statement that WE HAVE THE FASTEST PDK 997 TURBO.
Confident but yet to be proven.. PBIR is just 40 minutes away.. Take the drive and show a timeslip.. Until then its all SPECULATION..

Mike

Old 09-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
Mike,

So what your saying in the areokit is not so "aero" ??
Next time I goto PBIR I will try a pass on the back strait and let you know how it compares

Chris Green

Old 09-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chris Green@USP
So what your saying in the areokit is not so "aero" ??
Next time I goto PBIR I will try a pass on the back strait and let you know how it compares

Chris Green

Our aero kits are designed, and engineered, and TESTED to provide downforce, which enhances the vehicles handling during track driving, not 1/4 mile events. Downforce, unfortunately, is not necessarily the best thing for all out top speed runs, but it is necessary to optimize handling.

Besides Porsche themselves, I'm not aware of any other tuner that has actually used a wind tunnel to design and test their aero parts. Our knowledge in this area comes from 100% tried and true experience. So much experience, in fact, that some other very well known tuners have come to US for recommendations and information on how to set up their cars for some highly publicized events coming up real soon, which we graciously provided.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Our aero kits are designed, and engineered, and TESTED to provide downforce, which enhances the vehicles handling during track driving, not 1/4 mile events. Downforce, unfortunately, is not necessarily the best thing for all out top speed runs, but it is necessary to optimize handling.

Besides Porsche themselves, I'm not aware of any other tuner that has actually used a wind tunnel to design and test their aero parts. Our knowledge in this area comes from 100% tried and true experience. So much experience, in fact, that some other very well known tuners have come to US for recommendations and information on how to set up their cars for some highly publicized events coming up real soon, which we graciously provided.
With that being said i would agree you probably have 1 of the best handling wind tunnel proven PDK around probably.. Just not the quickest until you run it at an NHRA track.. Its a 40 minute drive north take it sometime and see what it runs..

Mike

Old 09-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LSs1Power
What is the maximum power that a PDK can handle? Any reported failures so far?
This is the question I am curious to see answered. Not the clutches, but the gearbox itself.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:50 PM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Besides Porsche themselves, I'm not aware of any other tuner that has actually used a wind tunnel to design and test their aero parts.
I believe TECHART does as well - they prominently market their aero products as such.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
I believe TECHART does as well - they prominently market their aero products as such.
Id love to see some Pics of the War Admiral in the Wind Tunnel.. I bet it looks awesome with the smoke blowing around that sick blue color..

Mike

Old 09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I would love to see a pic of it on a drag strip, running faster than 10.7.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:05 PM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
I would love to see a pic of it on a drag strip, running faster than 10.7.
Why stop at 10.7...

Who will have the first PDK car in the 9's?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fastest PDK