997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

The best mod for your car!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 02:44 PM
barrettgoodman will become famous soon enoughbarrettgoodman will become famous soon enough
The best mod for your car!!!

I just wanted to give a shout out to Mike Levitas over at TPC Racing for allowing me to enjoy the best modification I have ever had installed on any of the of cars I have ever owned!!!
It is called the "Dynamic Suspension Control" module and it simply plugs in and replaces your factory module. What it does is turn the suspension into an active suspension. I am NOT a mechanic and therefore will stop trying to explain it, but I will say it has turned my car into a completely different car that handles better than I ever could have imagined. I had the pleasure of doing a ride along in my own car at VIR raceway and Mike was almost flat out thru the climbing esses with the unit plugged in. Same part of the track with the factory unit installed- 40-50 mph SLOWER! This is without a doubt going to revolutionize the industry! I am lucky enough to have one of the Beta units, but I would call him and ask when he plans on releasing the final unit, then get in line!!!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:20 PM
BaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Predator
Nice advertisment
TPC is a sponsor, therefore I see no problem with a review of an upcoming product...

Old 11-15-2012, 03:41 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
So it's a piggy-back module to PASM? Does it make the OEM PASM unit more aggressive?

Old 11-15-2012, 04:17 PM
barrettgoodman will become famous soon enoughbarrettgoodman will become famous soon enough
It's not more aggressive. It makes the car much more nimble and smooth. Where the factory system is either on/off and either street or track, this is a combination of both- all the time. Of all the modifications I have tried, this one is without a doubt, the best bang for the buck!

Old 11-15-2012, 06:08 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by barrettgoodman
It's not more aggressive. It makes the car much more nimble and smooth. Where the factory system is either on/off and either street or track, this is a combination of both- all the time. Of all the modifications I have tried, this one is without a doubt, the best bang for the buck!
How much buck for that bang?

Old 11-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Spatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to behold
What kind of nonsense is this... Spill the beans on the price, availability, etc...

Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
40-50MPH? Lets see some telemetry to back up those claims.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:27 PM
winetaster is on a distinguished road
sounds like a nice setup... ride comfort is usually sacrificed on performance cars...

Old 11-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Sounds very interesting!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:06 AM
My point behind posting this was simply to acknowledge TPC and Mike (as a board sponsor)for developing something that in my 30+ years of driving experience, is the BEST modification I have ever paid for! There are certainly a million ways to modify the ride quality in our vehicles, but this is simple-it just plugs in! I have nothing to back up my claims and I have no affiliation with TPC. I am just a regular guy who was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and convinced Mike to sell me a Beta unit after allowing him to use my car as a test vehicle at one of his sponsored track days! I don't want to disclose what I paid as it may be different once he finishes developing the product, but I would absolutely recommend calling/writing TPC to inquire about this! Bottom line, in my simple, but honest opinion, TPC has developed the best modification for our car!

Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Spatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to behold
Just contacted TPC - Its slated for a Feb 2013 release.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Spatia
Just contacted TPC - Its slated for a Feb 2013 release.
Looking forward to it along with the release of the PDK DFI single turbo kit!

Old 11-16-2012, 08:16 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spf4000
40-50MPH? Lets see some telemetry to back up those claims.
Indeed. Perhaps typo and it is 4-5 mph which depending on track could still be impressive.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:43 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
One of the best modifications I made to my car is the DSC from TPC Racing. So in total agreement with the post. This does not negate the great work that other tuners are doing, but the DSC met my objectives the best.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:09 PM
ArSe77aL is on a distinguished road
Can it work with the techart and bilstein aftermarket setups?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The best mod for your car!!!