997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TPMS or TPC Disable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 11:17 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
In all fairness Audi and BMW uses the ABS sensors to calculate this, its not actually measuring the pressure directly. And thus much slower to react...
Many less frequent failures as well. How fast does one need to know tire pressure updates. Why, in over 120 years of cars on the road, do we all of a sudden need to get instant tire pressure readouts. I love, love, LOVE some of the newer technologies on cars, but this one is just a PITA and unnecessary.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:35 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JB in AR
Many less frequent failures as well. How fast does one need to know tire pressure updates. Why, in over 120 years of cars on the road, do we all of a sudden need to get instant tire pressure readouts. I love, love, LOVE some of the newer technologies on cars, but this one is just a PITA and unnecessary.
I think this is to support track use, you want instant alarms if you are loosing pressure?

Old 01-27-2015, 12:28 PM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
I think this is to support track use, you want instant alarms if you are loosing pressure?
I don't think so. I believe this is an effort by our nanny government to make owners of all newer cars aware of tire pressures. This may be a good idea for the idiots driving around with 20 psi, and wondering why tires don't last, but I would venture to say that most auto enthusiasts know what pressures they are running. I have an air compressor and two tire gauges, and I don't need the distracting, inaccurate tpms pressures in my face; so I disabled the tpms this morning.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:42 PM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
I think someone sat on my hood recently. Its on the front corner and its got a crazy little scratch pattern about the size of an orange. Dont remember hitting anything and it's a surface scratch. Luckily on the corner so no dent. Only other thing i can think of is last time i got it washed.