997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Kline Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 02:20 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
If you want every HP available and no restrictions in the exhaust system then yes they are in the way. Yes going from a 200cell from a 600 cell would make a difference it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. But also going from 200cell to catless made a big difference too as I have personally done this. Also most companies offer cats to comply with emission laws and we all know very well that if there were no laws for emissions everyone would be catless
Now we are in the same page! But also Catless is not always the best way to go... I went Catless for 3 days with my Gallardo and I couldn't stand the smell of gas!, If we are talking about just performance I think some people got better results with 100 cells cats than catless... It depends on your tune, turbos, etc but you already know that better than me because you being here longer than me.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:22 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
I know and so you should but when you get a bitter person coming on here (not you BTW) trying to stir up crap it kind of gets your back up but thats another story.
I know exactly what you mean... Talking about exhausts for the 997TT is like talking about sports.... People go crazy but it's in the 2 sides... Europipe side and the everybody against Europipe... It's funny...

I'm going to bed Gnight my friend

Old 01-07-2014, 02:29 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LeoLambo
I know exactly what you mean... Talking about exhausts for the 997TT is like talking about sports.... People go crazy but it's in the 2 sides... Europipe side and the everybody against Europipe... It's funny...
You know what I do think Europipe is up there as one of the best built systems you can get.

It looks amazing compaired to most, it performs well, it sounds unique.

You cannot deny its a quality system I would be an *** to.

It's not the best, as what does define the best? But it's definitely up there.

It's just a shame that my interaction with the maker himself wasn't such a great experience as you guys have had.

Last edited by GTRNICK; 01-07-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:12 AM
dm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant futuredm620 has a brilliant future
Blah, Blah, Blah. Someone close this thread

Old 01-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
You guys are so weird. Who cares what their neighbor thinks??!! Unless your neighbor is also your significant other, I wouldn't be making any life decisions based on them. Buying and modifying a car, kinda a big deal. Not going to make decisions on that because my ***** neighbor hates the sounds. If it's that big of a deal, move.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:00 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Wow. Welcome back Leo! Must be boring over on the Lambo board. How long did you have the Europipe anyway? 6 months? Hopefully we could get the thread back on topic or maybe it should be closed.

Since this was initiated as a Kline thread, perhaps the best way to ADD to it would be to compare the Kline to others. As Europipe is a very highly regarded exhaust, perhaps it is the best place to start:

Weight:
Europipe - close to stock
Kline - considerably lighter than stock, someone can chime in with exact specs here.

Cold Start Sound:
Europipe - raspy, throaty cold start
Kline - relatively quiet cold start, very near stock

Warranty:
Europipe - 4 years
Kline - 4 years

Quality of Construction:
Europipe - very high, perfect fitment
Kline - very high quality welds, perfect fitment

Sound:
Europipe - refined, but nicely louder than stock. Turbo whistle noticable.
Kline - refined with a wail on WOT. Very little turbo whistle noise.

Drone:
Europipe - none ever claimed by any owner
Kline - none claimed by any owner

Manufacture:
Europipe - Belgium
Kline - Romania

Price:
Europipe - $4700
Kline - $2400

HP gains claimed:
Europipe - 18 HP (100 cell cats)
Kline - 42 HP (no cats)
No independent verification of either power gains known.

Without the ability to actually hear either one, a decision is always difficult. Trying to put aside my own remark, choose what fits your needs. If you leave early for work and enjoy waking up the neighborhood, so be it. I love it, but the wife heard the complaints, not me. Frankly, I don't care either. Honestly, my 997S had a raspier stock cold start than the turbo! If you want to set off car alarms in the parking garage, that's also your prerogative.

Let's clarify some other points. Kline is not made in China, if that's what Leo was insinuating. If you've got issues with Romania (someone did), Akra is made in Slovenia. Kline is a lot lighter than stock, if it makes a difference to you. HP gains are highly debatable, all exhausts are likely to be very similar. And finally, Kline is half the price of a Europipe and less than half the price of a GMG, Akra, BBI and many others.

Last edited by ryem3; 01-07-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:08 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
Wow. Welcome back Leo! Must be boring over on the Lambo board. How long did you have the Europipe anyway? 6 months? Hopefully we could get the thread back on topic or maybe it should be closed.

Since this was initiated as a Kline thread, perhaps the best way to ADD to it would be to compare the Kline to others. As Europipe is a very highly regarded exhaust, perhaps it is the best place to start:

Weight:
Europipe - close to stock
Kline - considerably lighter than stock, someone can chime in with exact specs here.
FVD - Weighs 36 lbs. (16.5 Kg)

Cold Start Sound:
Europipe - raspy, throaty cold start
Kline - relatively quiet cold start, very near stock
FVD - Loud version is aggressive(Quiet version is quiet)

Warranty:
Europipe - 4 years
Kline - 4 years
FVD - 2 years

Quality of Construction:
Europipe - very high, perfect fitment
Kline - very high quality welds, perfect fitment
FVD - T 316 stainless steel for improved durability over T 304,high quality welds, perfect fitment

Sound:
Europipe - refined, but nicely louder than stock. Turbo whistle noticable.
Kline - refined with a wail on WOT. Very little turbo whistle noise.
FVD - Intoxicating growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle

Drone:
Europipe - none ever claimed by any owner
Kline - none claimed by any owner
FVD - none claimed by any owner

Manufacture:
Europipe - Belgium
Kline - Romania
FVD - Germany

Price:
Europipe - $4700
Kline - $2400
FVD - $2400 ($4572 with cats)

HP gains claimed:
Europipe - 18 HP (100 cell cats)
Kline - 42 HP (no cats)
FVD - + 35 crank hp & + 25 crank torque (No cats), + 25 crank hp & + 19 crank torque (with cats)

No independent verification of either power gains known.

Without the ability to actually hear either one, a decision is always difficult. Trying to put aside my own remark, choose what fits your needs. If you leave early for work and enjoy waking up the neighborhood, so be it. I love it, but the wife heard the complaints, not me. Frankly, I don't care either. Honestly, my 997S had a raspier stock cold start than the turbo! If you want to set off car alarms in the parking garage, that's also your prerogative.

Let's clarify some other points. Kline is not made in China, if that's what Leo was insinuating. If you've got issues with Romania (someone did), Akra is made in Slovenia. Kline is a lot lighter than stock, if it makes a difference to you. HP gains are highly debatable, all exhausts are likely to be very similar. And finally, Kline is half the price of a Europipe and less than half the price of a GMG, Akra, BBI and many others.
I added FVD.

Maybe we should add a few more to it and make it a sticky on its own.

This is a very good way of putting it!

+1 Rep

Last edited by GTRNICK; 01-07-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:17 AM
PKM
PKM has a spectacular aura aboutPKM has a spectacular aura aboutPKM has a spectacular aura about
Kline is not bad is ok to 580 HP (with cat)

my Kline cats is going with near 700HP damaged

DSDSC_1467.JPGC_1466.JPGDSC_1472.JPG

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1466.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	883.9 KB
ID:	318041   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1467.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	898.3 KB
ID:	318042   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1472.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	893.4 KB
ID:	318043  
Old 01-07-2014, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by PKM

Woah that's not good!

To be fair I do not think many cats will last long with the heat that VTG produces at that HP!

Were they 200cell or 100cell?

Old 01-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PKM

Well that makes perfect sense to me. I smoked plenty of cats on the aftermarket blowers I put on my BMWs. Then again I had a fuel issue and the engine went shortly after. That grenade in your cat had nothing to so with the build quality. Its to do with other things and I would love to see your dyno with the A/F ratio and I bet you would find how that happened.

As to RYEM3 rep to you dude.

Budget exhaust LOL!!!! thats like bashing the TT as a Budget supercar. I don't know about you but I didnt make money buying overpriced stuff. One is a fool to over pay for the same gains and performance.

I dont get that concept of paying what you think something is worth even though there are highest priced options. Maybe its an American/Brit thing were we buy the best for the money rather than something to tell others about.
Paying extra doesnt mean you get extra. But if you think it does... then it does I guess LOL!! Go buy your Budget EP because a REAL baller would buy a Titanium exhaust and 4700$ is a small downpayment on that, so you enjoy that Budget EP with similar gains as a Kline for 2300$ more. When the real players roll with the Akrapovic TIT exhaust....... http://www.etektuning.com/akrapovic-...FRFufgod6z0AtA

Last edited by Squat; 01-07-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:34 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
PKM do you have a Kline exhaust? I may get to hear an EP and a Kline local to me if you do!

Old 01-07-2014, 08:50 AM
PKM
PKM has a spectacular aura aboutPKM has a spectacular aura aboutPKM has a spectacular aura about
Woah that's not good!

To be fair I do not think many cats will last long with the heat that VTG produces at that HP!

Were they 200cell or 100cell?
Hello nick

there 100 cell cats

Old 01-07-2014, 08:55 AM
PKM
<textarea class="goog-textarea" style="-moz-box-sizing: border-box; overflow-y: hidden; overflow-x: auto; padding-right: 20px; height: 220px; padding-bottom: 32px;" id="source" name="text" wrap="SOFT" tabindex="0" dir="ltr" spellcheck="false" autocomplete="off"></textarea>

You can see exactly which the catalyst is not burned but the monolith has pressed under great pressure in the cone back

I do not know what you want to say with your text?

The Kline system is OK up to about 1.4 bar boost pressure then it may happen that dissolve the monoliths from the carrier.

Remedy would be greater HJS catalysts or no

Old 01-07-2014, 08:56 AM
PKM
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
PKM do you have a Kline exhaust? I may get to hear an EP and a Kline local to me if you do!
Hello,

before i have Kline system, now i have self made, is for Porsche no Problem

Old 01-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor
Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !
PKM, this looks very unusual. you are aware we warranty every aspect of our exhaust? contact me. we also stock HJS cats

Last edited by Felix_Kline; 01-07-2014 at 09:37 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kline Exhaust