997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

To f...ing low!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
But TT it just looks so damn good!!!

Old 04-25-2014, 07:51 PM
turbonut has much to be proud ofturbonut has much to be proud ofturbonut has much to be proud ofturbonut has much to be proud ofturbonut has much to be proud ofturbonut has much to be proud ofturbonut has much to be proud ofturbonut has much to be proud ofturbonut has much to be proud of
When I bought my CPO 997.1tt with 4k miles 1 yr ago from the dealer it seemed kind of low but good low. The handling SUPERB! Scraping happens very seldom. The funny thing is that I'd frequent this forum and wonder what the heck everyone was complaining about the 997tt being too soft and needing to replace the suspension. Two weeks ago when my mechanic did an oil change I asked him to see what was up with my suspension. He took out a flashlight and wiped them down good trying to find a logo. Then he said " wow, Eibachs!" Go figure, for 1 year I thought I was stock. All I can say is a lowered 997tt looks very good compared to one that isn't.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:03 PM
limitedslip has a spectacular aura aboutlimitedslip has a spectacular aura aboutlimitedslip has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by turbonut
When I bought my CPO 997.1tt with 4k miles 1 yr ago from the dealer it seemed kind of low but good low. The handling SUPERB! Scraping happens very seldom. The funny thing is that I'd frequent this forum and wonder what the heck everyone was complaining about the 997tt being too soft and needing to replace the suspension. Two weeks ago when my mechanic did an oil change I asked him to see what was up with my suspension. He took out a flashlight and wiped them down good trying to find a logo. Then he said " wow, Eibachs!" Go figure, for 1 year I thought I was stock. All I can say is a lowered 997tt looks very good compared to one that isn't.
^ Ditto.

I have Eibach springs on mine and 1) the car rides much better than it did with stock suspension and 2) most people can't even tell it's lowered. That's a winner in my book as I can't stand the cheap "slammed" look.

You also have to keep in mind that North American spec cars are slightly higher than their Euro counterparts which makes them look a little awkward IMHO.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:27 AM
egreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the rough
I really like the stock suspension, rides great for a DD.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:12 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by limitedslip
You also have to keep in mind that North American spec cars are slightly higher than their Euro counterparts which makes them look a little awkward IMHO.
Interesting, on a US tt how big is the gap between fender and tyre? (W. the stock 19")

Old 04-26-2014, 07:51 AM
997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold
I have had a set of H&R springs waiting to go on my car since last summer, this thread is making me think twice now?
Lowered 997tt's look perfect IMO but might regret it reading some replies???
HELP!?

Old 04-26-2014, 08:26 AM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997tt+C63
I have had a set of H&R springs waiting to go on my car since last summer, this thread is making me think twice now? Lowered 997tt's look perfect IMO but might regret it reading some replies??? HELP!?
U have no reason to regret it my car rides better period and I run 20" and no issues

Old 04-26-2014, 09:08 AM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redwine702
U have no reason to regret it my car rides better period and I run 20" and no issues
i think these is some difference in height between coupe and cabrio, the latter sits slightly higher. I am not completely sure, but it makes sense considering that eibach has different springs for coupe and cabrio.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:25 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by steve k ny
how can you guys speak like this ?

The very first thing a car guy does is drop their cars. Immediately.. Its like circumsizing your baby boy within a week. Its the golden rule of being a car guy.

2nd!

Old 04-26-2014, 03:16 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Interesting thread. IMO, these cars look great lowered. Just seems to be the more appropriate stance. Like wheels and other mods everything is subjective. Before I had springs installed I searched this forum, like many others do, to determine what would best fit my needs. In the end I purchased Eibach, which is actually made by TechArt. I learned these are very high quality and do not lower the vehicle quite as much as the H&R. Not sure in this case if price = quality improvement but the price for the Eibach springs was double that of the H&R…which may be why more opt for the H&R? Given how much the labor + alignment fees are I wasn't too concerned with the price of the springs, simply wanted the best product for my needs.

My decision to lower was impacted by the fact that mine is not a daily driver. It's a weekend vehicle that only sees sunny days…approximately 2-3k miles per year. My car also has all the lowers painted, which truly makes it more challenging to drive in certain area, driveways, etc. Is it pain, certainly, but I don't mind as I love how it looks and the ride is fine.

So, i guess it depends on several variables as to is it smart and or worth it to lower your car. Only you know that answer. I would not daily drive my car in its current configuration. The pre-primed front aero lip is $700, this doesn't include the cost to paint it, install and then apply the clear bra. If you have the standard black unpainted version, well you likely know those run about a ~$175 and is considered a normal consumable by some.

Last edited by PSTT07; 04-26-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:29 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Actually eilbach is the spring maker who supplies both gmg and techart.
Eilbach makes a euro spec spring that only lowers the rear 15mm and 20mm front vs 20/20.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:38 PM
ronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Actually eilbach is the spring maker who supplies both gmg and techart.
Eilbach makes a euro spec spring that only lowers the rear 15mm and 20mm front vs 20/20.
I have these ^^ purchased from Mr. Surgeon himself. Very happy. Conservative drop, but I'm good with that.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:16 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
TT…thanks for the info on who makes what. I purchased my Eibach springs from Sharkwerks. When I opened the box I noticed they state (stamped) TechArt on there too. Wasn't sure how that relationship works.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:20 PM
DOOBEE will become famous soon enoughDOOBEE will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 4flynlow
Has anyone installed the front nose lift and what are your experiences with it?

The first thing I did when I bought my 997.1 with TA body kit was install a KW nose lift kit on a set of clubsport coilovers. It had H&R springs but with the lip I couldn't get in & out of my driveway. I also redid the driveway too! The lift works quickly, reliably and gets me enough height to get around a few more places. I've used it frequently for about 7000kms so far without any problems.

I've run some very low cars before and the issue with the 997 is the length of the nose in front of the wheels. It's quite a bit longer than something like my previous E92 M3 and that significantly impacts approach to bumps and dips. Even with very good technique and care it just hangs out there more.

Originally Posted by Steve K ny
how can you guys speak like this ?

the very first thing a car guy does is drop their cars. immediately.. its like circumsizing your baby boy within a week. its the golden rule of being a car guy.

Exactly x10. I have never owned anything without suspension work.

Last edited by DOOBEE; 04-26-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by PSTT07
TT…thanks for the info on who makes what. I purchased my Eibach springs from Sharkwerks. When I opened the box I noticed they state (stamped) TechArt on there too. Wasn't sure how that relationship works.

What color are the springs?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To f...ing low!