997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

To f...ing low!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 11:40 AM
4flynlow is on a distinguished road
To f...ing low!

I am currently running H & R springs which I believe lowers the car 24mm or one inch. The look is great but I am dragging on almost everything and can't even go in and out of many driveways or even certain streets without fear of removing my front spoiler. Has anyone installed the front nose lift and what are your experiences with it?

Old 04-25-2014, 11:50 AM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
The lower the better I say. You learn how to not scrape pretty quick..

Old 04-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mikestyle
The lower the better I say. You learn how to not scrape pretty quick..
I don't think you answered his question. I have only heard that they work pretty well. Very expensive though. I thought about lowering my 997 turbo also with the tech art springs. They lower the car about 3/4 of an inch. As it is my clearance between the driveway approach and the street is an 1/8 of an inch. No matter what angle I take it, it is going to scrape. I decided not to lower my car. With my 996 twin turbo I was able to lower my car with the PSS9 suspension and had no problem. The geometry must be different between the two cars. I believe with the KW suspension setup you can get the lowering kit for about $6500 total/suspension and lowering kit. Your PASM will not work with the KW suspension. With the tech art lowering kit about $9000. Don't quote me on prices. I believe the PASM will work with the tech art. Good luck to you.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:57 PM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Turbo Ron
I don't think you answered his question. I have only heard that they work pretty well. Very expensive though. I thought about lowering my 997 turbo also with the tech art springs. They lower the car about 3/4 of an inch. As it is my clearance between the driveway approach and the street is an 1/8 of an inch. No matter what angle I take it, it is going to scrape. I decided not to lower my car. With my 996 twin turbo I was able to lower my car with the PSS9 suspension and had no problem. The geometry must be different between the two cars. I believe with the KW suspension setup you can get the lowering kit for about $6500 total/suspension and lowering kit. Your PASM will not work with the KW suspension. With the tech art lowering kit about $9000. Don't quote me on prices. I believe the PASM will work with the tech art. Good luck to you.

No didn't! That would be a very good idea my Gallardo has the nose lift feature and it works really good! However hear it is really expensive to fit this type of system on our cars. I just keep a new lip in the garage in-case i ever need it!

Old 04-25-2014, 01:05 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Don't lowering springs just wear the stock shocks out faster?

Old 04-25-2014, 01:26 PM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
I got over lowering cars a decade ago when the 996's came out not worth the money or hassle in an already low car. Then I bought my 04 GT3 had to relive how it sucks having such a low car because I was hitting everything, finally got rid of the splitter and put it back on when I sold the car. I saw a kit that was around 5k without install. The problem with lowering a car makes your resale audience very small after you have beat the crap out of the car.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:31 PM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
IMO, when you lower with springs, compression depends on the spring you use and when there is enough play (aggresively bumpy roads) , you tend to scrape the lowest part of your car often.

This is limited with coil overs in that the top and perch that holds the springs maintains ride height due to controlled compression in the system. I hope this explanation makes sense as I can't explain it any other way.

This is why i noticed when using springs, the insides of the tire/fender well usually get eaten up due to contact. By using coilovers on my car, the insides are intact and there hasn't been any tire contact with the body.

Lift kits are really expensive and i think using coil overs will solve your problem. Another suggestion is using springs from vendors such as champion, tech art and GMG as i believe their spring rates are different from H&R and eibach.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
I have techart springs and the car rides & handles better have ridden in friends car that have H&R and the springs are softer and don't ride as well but that's my opinion and I have lowered every car I have ever had cants stand the gap between tires and wheel wells when they are excessive

Old 04-25-2014, 03:35 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
on my previous 02 996C2 i had porsche X-74 suspension- IMHO it was a perfect height- looked great & didn't hit- rode firmer but perfect- My current 07 997TT is much lower in front with stock suspension due to front lip than the 996 with X-74-
Since it's street only car decided to get the TPC racing DSC module to replace the PASM, rather than coil overs or springs- It rides so much better in all 3 modes with the DSC unit- money well spent- though it didn't change ride height at all- i live with the fender gap.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:39 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Some springs are better than others, the best option is the bilstein b6 coupled w a gmg spring. Basically the x73 for the 997tt.
But, I'm also over the lowering thing.....

Attached Images  

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 04-25-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:52 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
how can you guys speak like this ?

the very first thing a car guy does is drop their cars. immediately.. its like circumsizing your baby boy within a week. its the golden rule of being a car guy.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steve K ny
how can you guys speak like this ? the very first thing a car guy does is drop their cars. immediately.. its like circumsizing your baby boy within a week. its the golden rule of being a car guy.
Agreed!

Old 04-25-2014, 07:04 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Man, I hate scraping......

Old 04-25-2014, 07:08 PM
But TT it just looks so damn good!!!

Old 04-25-2014, 07:19 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
I had looked into lowering my car and had settled on coilovers as the best option to retain optimal PASM functionality, adjustment versatility, best lowered look and minimal tire wear (with proper alignments) but I got talked out of it by my indie...for us northeasterners (esp. NY/NJ) the endless scraping and worse, the numerous potholes would ensure frequent contact with the underbody. if I lived in the Southwest or out West with lovely roads, maybe...

Regarding nose-lift kits, I kept coming back to the Techart hydraulic system...pricey but works well. I decided to live with the "gap"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To f...ing low!