997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 Turbo COBB Tune (dyno numbers)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 10:27 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Streetgear
The only limitation on the .2 is fueling. It will be interesting to see what the limits will be on the Direct Injection motors and how the various tuners will deal with adding more fuel when the power goes up. I don't know what the limit of the DI is but suspect at 600 WHP it is starting to push the fueling limits.

Due to fueling I am not sure E85 this will ever be an option for the .2. On a regular car that uses E85 we need to up the size of the injectors by 1.47. This means if you were running a 42lb injector and converted to E85 the injectors need to be upsized to 62 Lbs. Not sure how this can be done with a DI motor.
Not sure how it applies on Porsches, but the BMW N54 is DI, and has fuelling issues, though it is not the DI injectors that are the issue at all (they can flow stupid numbers, think stock bmw DI injectors are rated at 2000cc).

But it is the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) that takes a dive when being asked to provide lots of fuel in lower rpms (since it is driven by the engine it handles fuel requirements at high rpm quite well).

E85 makes this worse since you need even more fuel.

If you can log the HPFP side of things one will see if the pump can provide the pressure needed as power goes up.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stage7
I want to make sure I understand correctly:

1) Most tuners produce a bump of 50+rwhp with their tune over a factory stock one and regardless of the tuner, most of the usual suspects seem to deliver on this.

2) The Cobb tune produces a bump of 50+rwhp over the TUNER's tune with the same mods/fuel/dyno/correction factor?

So essentially the Cobb tune delivers TWICE the net hp increase over other well respected Tuner's tunes?

Wow...

This is not correct so you understand with Softronic, the Softronic tune was a 91 specific tune and an old outdated one, the one he has now from COBB is a 93 . The 93 file would produce more power as ours do also. The comparison is apples to oranges between a 91 specific file to a 93. This has been mentioned or corrected earlier in posts. Now as far as the other gains or losses with the other tuners I cant comment on.

Best,
Scott

Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winner programmed by Softronic!
Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
One of the things that love is the "AP Box" Just did a datalog and send it to Mitch to have more feedback about my car... Ican see everything with this thing, everything

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	C9BF302B-53B1-4CFE-A9CD-91A3DA769E94.jpg
Views:	1291
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	370312  
Old 05-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Streetgear is on a distinguished road
Webcarconnection did you get a chance to do a Vbox run? Please post as it would be interesting to see the results. I agree the V3 AP is a real cool tool...

Old 05-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Not yet, but count on that

Old 05-03-2014, 08:58 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Did you get any pbox data from your previous tune? It would be interesting to see a comparison between pbox data from old and new tunes.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Banned
I don't remember if I record it but I believe it did 7.9 sec. 60-130 with the last tune

Old 05-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Streetgear
The only limitation on the .2 is fueling. It will be interesting to see what the limits will be on the Direct Injection motors and how the various tuners will deal with adding more fuel when the power goes up. I don't know what the limit of the DI is but suspect at 600 WHP it is starting to push the fueling limits.
This is not true at all. Fueling is just one of the many limitations....or hurdles, I should say.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Wanted to just jump in here and say thanks for posting up the data! Car picked up great power! So happy we were able to get you guys taken care of.

I am headed to England to do more 997.2 tuning right now, so stay tuned for more results.

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 05-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Banned
Thank You Mitch, have a nice trip!

Old 05-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Banned
Soon more numbers... Stay tune

Old 05-13-2014, 01:02 PM
BillTurboS is on a distinguished road
Any update on anticipated release date? I'm in the market for a tune and would like to go with COBB.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
We are aiming to release our POR-002 Accessport for the 997.2 Turbo and Turbo S tomorrow! This will include Stage 1 and Stage 2 OTS maps and will be available through our certified Porsche Dealers.

Marshall@COBB

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 05-13-2014, 03:32 PM
pdcmachine is just really nicepdcmachine is just really nicepdcmachine is just really nicepdcmachine is just really nice
Good stuff. Looks like the custom tune was well worth it.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Banned
Yep, next week will retune for the new Intercoolers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Turbo COBB Tune (dyno numbers)