997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 Turbo COBB Tune (dyno numbers)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
997.2 Turbo COBB Tune (dyno numbers)

Just one word WOW... Thanks to Mitch for getting down here and have a nice time in our little island, your product is A+

Here is my before (Red-Softronics 513whp) and after (Blue-COBB 563whp) on a mustang dyno, only difference is COBB (all runs where on 93 pump gas, Mods - Fabspeed catless exhaust, IPD Plenum)

Gain of 60whp and 65wtq on most of the powerband, that's insane

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	A0F9EAFB-A5ED-4B45-B2C7-D9D32F3A849E.jpg
Views:	5112
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	368925  

Last edited by webcarconnection; 04-30-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:21 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
WOW!!!

Old 04-30-2014, 11:08 PM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Yep, this is with 93oct fuel, no race fuel... Right now there is no tune doing this power with the mods that I have on pump gas... Nothing can beat the custom tune

Old 05-01-2014, 12:08 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Mitch@Cobb is like Santa for us big kids

Old 05-01-2014, 01:39 AM
Streetgear is on a distinguished road
Wow nice job... Please tell us more about the Cobbs tune where did you get it? I know the program isn't available to the general public but only to selected tuners.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:52 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Streetgear
Wow nice job... Please tell us more about the Cobbs tune where did you get it? I know the program isn't available to the general public but only to selected tuners.
You buy the Cobb AccessPort from a Cobb vendor like http://www.maseengineering.com (I got mine from Steve, great service)

The AP comes with pre-installed OTS maps that you can use directly once the AP is installed to the car (it locks to you ECU during installation, but can be fully uninstalled before taking the car to the dealer or selling the AP).

Both Steve and Mitch@Cobb have been super helpful offering custom tune's and looking at logs from my car!

Good Luck!

Old 05-01-2014, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
You buy the Cobb AccessPort from a Cobb vendor like http://www.maseengineering.com (I got mine from Steve, great service)

The AP comes with pre-installed OTS maps that you can use directly once the AP is installed to the car (it locks to you ECU during installation, but can be fully uninstalled before taking the car to the dealer or selling the AP).

Both Steve and Mitch@Cobb have been super helpful offering custom tune's and looking at logs from my car!

Good Luck!

Excellent so is the 997.2 cobb now available or is it still beta? I thought it was only for the 997.1 at this time.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Just one word WOW... Thanks to Mitch for getting down here and have a nice time in our little island, your product is A+

Here is my before (Red-Softronics 513whp) and after (Blue-COBB 563whp) on a mustang dyno, only difference is COBB (all runs where on 93 pump gas, Mods - Fabspeed catless exhaust, IPD Plenum)

Mitch my car is setup like yours except for the tune. Please post more details about your tune where you got it etc...

Old 05-01-2014, 06:44 AM
Banned
The official release date for the 997.2 Turbo AP is May 12... I'm part of the R&D program of the Product

Old 05-01-2014, 07:55 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !

That's a nice gain but keep in mind that about 25-30hp/tq of the improvement is based on optimizing for 93oct vs 91octane for the Softronic tune.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:57 AM
The official release date for the 997.2 Turbo AP is May 12... I'm part of the R&D program of the Product
Cool this is going to revolutionalize Porsche tuning. I wonder if they will release the access tuner race program so hobbyists can tune your own car. I just checked their site. All platforms are available except Porsche for the general public. So far the program is only available to tune shops.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:44 AM
4flynlow is on a distinguished road
Looks very interesting. I was previously of the mindset that the GIAC tune was the way to go.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Nice power. Pretty consistent with what we see on cars with similar mods to yours. With 93 oct and the new tune, your car must feel brand new again! Congrats!!

Can you zoom out on the graph a little bit more so we can see the numbers?

Old 05-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by The Bogg
That's a nice gain but keep in mind that about 25-30hp/tq of the improvement is based on optimizing for 93oct vs 91octane for the Softronic tune.
hmm nop, that baseline was the same day before the tune

Old 05-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Streetgear
Cool this is going to revolutionalize Porsche tuning. I wonder if they will release the access tuner race program so hobbyists can tune your own car. I just checked their site. All platforms are available except Porsche for the general public. So far the program is only available to tune shops.

Mitch can chime in for this

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Turbo COBB Tune (dyno numbers)