997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Evolution Motorsports EVT 1500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 01:24 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
Whats the expected time frame for having the project complete?
Mid October for the Shift S3ctor half-mile in Coalinga, Ca. I drove to EVOMS and checked the shop out and they only had 1 big build there (the new shop car mayhem 2). John said he isn't taking any other big builds other than mine until after shift s3ctor.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Thanks Tom! Yeah as you know I called every major builder in the world for build sheets and pricing. Just felt EVOMS was the perfect fit for me. I appreciate all your time you have taken to speak with me about builds. You and your company are a class act. You have the fastest VTG cars by far and great service as well. Like I've said before, give me a call when you come to Vegas!
Thanks Anthony! I definitely will....I'll want to see what this beast is all about first hand for sure! And then party, drinks, party!

Mid October for the Shift S3ctor half-mile in Coalinga, Ca. I drove to EVOMS and checked the shop out and they only had 1 big build there (the new shop car mayhem 2). John said he isn't taking any other big builds other than mine until after shift s3ctor.
hmm...I may have to plan a Cali trip around that time. I had a lot of fun at the last event in March!

Old 06-30-2014, 01:34 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Thanks Anthony! I definitely will....I'll want to see what this beast is all about first hand for sure! And then party, drinks, party!

hmm...I may have to plan a Cali trip around that time. I had a lot of fun at the last event in March!
Haha, Sounds like a plan!

That would be awesome if you could. The last one you went to is No Fly Zone. Shift S3ctor is a lot bigger. You actually sit at the finish line as well.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:03 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
I would like to ask you , whats the reason behind getting 6466t turbos and not 3794 ???

Old 06-30-2014, 06:45 PM
greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !
Good luck Anthony. Your gonna make me fly to Vegas to see her when your all done. Can't wait for the updates

Old 06-30-2014, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by ysfg35
I would like to ask you , whats the reason behind getting 6466t turbos and not 3794 ???
The 6466 turbos spool faster than the 3794's by a good margin. They also produce a ton of power. ETS made 1571whp with there 4.1 Gtr with them at 41psi. These turbos are good for 925hp each.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by greekc6
Good luck Anthony. Your gonna make me fly to Vegas to see her when your all done. Can't wait for the updates
Thanks brother! Your overdue for a trip out here, you better come when she's done!!

Old 07-01-2014, 12:14 AM
MegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to all
Ha ha, there should be some real powa!
Btw 6466 spools a little bit sooner than 3794, about 200 rpm but there is no boost drop at 35+ psi. Very bad that there is no gen2 for this turbos

Old 07-01-2014, 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by MegioN
Ha ha, there should be some real powa!
Btw 6466 spools a little bit sooner than 3794, about 200 rpm but there is no boost drop at 35+ psi. Very bad that there is no gen2 for this turbos
Hey Surgey,

I've seen a couple graphs with overlays with 6466 vs 3794's . Looks like they spool 500 rpms faster. We'll know soon enough. Hoping to run 40psi+

Last edited by yumaverick; 07-01-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ysfg35
6466 is a much nicer turbo with newer technology wheel. it also has a larger back which relieves alot of backpressure ( common on 996/7 TT applications even with larger turbos). as far as i know that turbo will flow more air with faster spool than a 37. I use the Gen2 cea 6466 Precision turbos which came out earlier and became very popular. Now FP made their own version of the 6466.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by prodigymb
6466 is a much nicer turbo with newer technology wheel. it also has a larger back which relieves alot of backpressure ( common on 996/7 TT applications even with larger turbos). as far as i know that turbo will flow more air with faster spool than a 37. I use the Gen2 cea 6466 Precision turbos which came out earlier and became very popular. Now FP made their own version of the 6466.
I didn't know you were running 6466 turbos. What rpm are you getting boost?

Old 07-01-2014, 04:14 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Looking forward to having your Porsche in the mix for the fastest car at Coalinga!

Old 07-01-2014, 04:24 PM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
Anthony, I haven't been on this site for about a week, my son was married in Portland on Saturday. It's great to hear your next steps!
I believe I won't do anything additional for awhile, I enjoy driving it daily and if I do an engine build I wouldn't be able to have a reliable daily driver.
I'll be in Vegas this month and will contact you and see you at L'Atelier or elsewhere! See you soon.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Looking forward to having your Porsche in the mix for the fastest car at Coalinga!
Thanks Adam, hoping so. I really feel this set up can do 210-215.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by kenromero
Anthony, I haven't been on this site for about a week, my son was married in Portland on Saturday. It's great to hear your next steps!
I believe I won't do anything additional for awhile, I enjoy driving it daily and if I do an engine build I wouldn't be able to have a reliable daily driver.
I'll be in Vegas this month and will contact you and see you at L'Atelier or elsewhere! See you soon.
Just get a standard 3.8 liter build. That will be fine for a daily. Ok you have my # let me know when you come into town. Talk soon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evolution Motorsports EVT 1500