997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Will I ever get me D2Forged Wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 06:31 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I've bought a lot of wheels. Years ago I decided to stop buying them from companies too far away from me. Without close and personal contact, all you are is a credit card. If you go through a local dealer, they are responsible for your money, not someone located who knows where.
I'm disappointed this is going on. I knew of Derrick before he started. I was among the many who encouraged him to do his thing. He was a clublexus.com regular. After hitting it big, he moved on to the national stage.
I'm just really disappointed. I hope things work out for the OP.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:08 PM
theDIMAS is on a distinguished road
I have read a lot of threads stating how great of a guy he is. I hope his reputation comes thru and this is just a temporary character flaw.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:51 PM
moacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond repute
I looked them up on Instagram and Facebook today and they are still very much active on those avenues... but he is not responding back to you at all? How did you pay?

Old 08-28-2014, 06:41 AM
These guys are crooks!

Old 08-28-2014, 02:46 PM
zoo
zoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by theDIMAS
These guys are crooks!
What happened?

Old 09-08-2014, 11:40 AM
wolfman1968 is on a distinguished road
D2 Forged

Hello,

iam Wolfram Kinzler from Hennessey Performance Europe, we paid 4000 $ in April and now they don't respond neither emails or phonecalls. A couple of other also screwed customers and me are currently starting legal actions against them. I would apreciate if you tell me what happened to you.

Thank you and best regards

Wolfram

Old 09-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Sorry for the late reply but been super busy. So D2 has always been a favorite because of their design. I was going to go with them on another car but chose a set from 360 Forged. that set took 6 months to complete. So when I decided on new wheels for the 997 I called my cousin who sells wheels and asked him to order a set from D2. My cousin Kevin owns Wheel Dealer Distributors and had done a few deals w D2 and just before my order received D2 wheels as promised for another customer. I didn't find any negative threads on them so felt very confident in ordering, and they seem to have a great web presence. They even post up on 6speed in wheel threads with no negative replies from anyone. So we gave them a $2800 deposit in late November or early December of 2013 and was promised an eta of end of February. Originally the follow up was good as D2 would answer calls from Kevin. Same story every time. In production, backed up, it is really busy, will get back, etc... I didn't get to anxious since my car was in the shop on a build and my 360 set took 6 months. It is now been 8 months and the last Kevin heard was they were getting sued and didn't have the money to refund, but would get us the rims as soon as he could. Since I posted this thread there has been no communication from D2, just the same as Wolfman stated above. I have decided to move on and ordered some MHT wheels. I'm in Texas and I'm not sure what recourse I have. I don't want to go after my cousin as it was my decision to order from them in the first place. Let me know if I could join in your law suit of D2 Wolfman.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:58 AM
hectorturer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by theDIMAS
Sorry for the late reply but been super busy. So D2 has always been a favorite because of their design. I was going to go with them on another car but chose a set from 360 Forged. that set took 6 months to complete. So when I decided on new wheels for the 997 I called my cousin who sells wheels and asked him to order a set from D2. My cousin Kevin owns Wheel Dealer Distributors and had done a few deals w D2 and just before my order received D2 wheels as promised for another customer. I didn't find any negative threads on them so felt very confident in ordering, and they seem to have a great web presence. They even post up on 6speed in wheel threads with no negative replies from anyone. So we gave them a $2800 deposit in late November or early December of 2013 and was promised an eta of end of February. Originally the follow up was good as D2 would answer calls from Kevin. Same story every time. In production, backed up, it is really busy, will get back, etc... I didn't get to anxious since my car was in the shop on a build and my 360 set took 6 months. It is now been 8 months and the last Kevin heard was they were getting sued and didn't have the money to refund, but would get us the rims as soon as he could. Since I posted this thread there has been no communication from D2, just the same as Wolfman stated above. I have decided to move on and ordered some MHT wheels. I'm in Texas and I'm not sure what recourse I have. I don't want to go after my cousin as it was my decision to order from them in the first place. Let me know if I could join in your law suit of D2 Wolfman.
go here http://www.ftc.gov and put a complain asap.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by hectorturer
Filed with FTC last week. Hopefully D2 will want to settle up and refund my money. If not I hope this thread saves other customers from getting scammed.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:05 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hectorturer
I know family is family but who is the customer here? You or your cousin - whose name is on the purchase order. Isn't that the person who suffered the loss. Sounds like your name is on the purchase order and that's why you filed with the FTC - not sure you could file on someone else's behalf. I hate stories like this - I really hope there is some satisfactory resolution for you. Thanks for the heads-up.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:36 AM
adamr930 is on a distinguished road
These guys are out of business. They're a joke. I would contact your CC company right away!!

Old 10-06-2014, 07:47 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adamr930
These guys are out of business. They're a joke. I would contact your CC company right away!!
Probably out of luck there - he ordered in November, 2013...almost a year ago.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:04 AM
looks they closed their FB page and others have started FB pages stating the same as me.