997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What are people paying for custom tunes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 03:43 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
So if I am building my car up piecemeal...should I buy the accessport first then exhaust and then IC

Or do I buy exhaust then AP and then IC.

Which order gives me the better driving experience.

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
This is correct. We have calibrations on the AP that will work with a stock car, or a car with intercoolers and an exhaust.

-Mitch

Old 11-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Guys do custom tunes for a variety of reasons. Some guys have mods or fuel they want to get the most out of the car for. So they get with a tuner and a dyno or send the files back and forth till they get the most power or safest most power.

If you are just going to do the an exhaust or some of the minor bolts ons there might not be a good reason to spend the extra time as there are Off the shelf tunes that the R&D has already been done on it. So you can get modest gains and if you arent looking to max everything you can get a good solid safe tune without breaking the bank.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turboslut
So if I am building my car up piecemeal...should I buy the accessport first then exhaust and then IC

Buying the AP first is good since it already has tunes on it you can just change the tune when you upgrade. No need to wait for the extra power

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 11-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
In the case you go with our remote custom protune we would adapt and retune your map as necessary for any added bolton modifications, free of subsequent charges. A new map purchase is only needed in case of major changes to hardware (e.g. larger turbos) or octane. In other words we provide incremental custom tuning for boltons as they're added to your car over time.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:15 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turboslut

Start with the AP, it gives you instant happiness

Exhaust on our cars is a essential upgrade dueto the dyson sound of the stock exhaust...

And one of the biggest benefits of the AP is its logging and data display, to do custom tuning one must log, and if you dont have the AP you are stuck with a laptop and a Durametric cable, the user interface of the Durametric software isnt great and this setup requires a co-pilot to operate the laptop while you drive.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:36 AM
eviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond reputeeviligloo has a reputation beyond repute
I'll put my 2 cents in. While looking for a turbo I drove a couple of different tuned ones. By far my favorite was the TPC Racing one. A lot of the other tunes don't give you a jolt of power until later in the power band. TPC's tune is more linear and gives you a quicker buildup in boost at a lower RPM range.

Highly recommend. They're in maryland so not too far away from you.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:01 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eviligloo
I'll put my 2 cents in. While looking for a turbo I drove a couple of different tuned ones. By far my favorite was the TPC Racing one. A lot of the other tunes don't give you a jolt of power until later in the power band. TPC's tune is more linear and gives you a quicker buildup in boost at a lower RPM range.

Highly recommend. They're in maryland so not too far away from you.
I'd recommend custom tuning over canned ones, yes for the warm dry summer roads I love the instant kick of power my rev 11 custom map from Mitch gives me. But now for the winter he is giving me a less brutal power delivery with more predictibility for driving in snow and ice.

The ability to swap map with the AP in less than a minute is great!