997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

wannaGOFAST - Ocala

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 06:15 AM
MY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of light
Well this one is in the books. Did three runs (long day due to weather) and the best I could do was 144.60 mph. Maybe I am justifying but based on what other cars were running I feel like the TT ran pretty strong (stock except for SACHS clutch). Oh and that best was with the "Sport" button off...Duh! somehow I forgot all about it and on my third run remembered and did not get as good of a dig and did 143.86...I think a run or two more with "Sport" on and I may have broke 145 mph? A Gallardo stole the day at 226 after a GTR did 218..that was the best recorded when we left. All in all it was a fun day but I need "More" power...LOL

Old 01-25-2015, 12:24 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MY997
Well this one is in the books. Did three runs (long day due to weather) and the best I could do was 144.60 mph. Maybe I am justifying but based on what other cars were running I feel like the TT ran pretty strong (stock except for SACHS clutch). Oh and that best was with the "Sport" button off...Duh! somehow I forgot all about it and on my third run remembered and did not get as good of a dig and did 143.86...I think a run or two more with "Sport" on and I may have broke 145 mph? A Gallardo stole the day at 226 after a GTR did 218..that was the best recorded when we left. All in all it was a fun day but I need "More" power...LOL
glad to see you did well and had fun and safe. i have seen about 3 big wrecks from today. in my book ill stay at clayton much better runway.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:57 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
You have gotten me all excited now about the event...So looking at the one in VA in May. Looks like a beautiful place and my wife said she would love to go.

I think I could easily pull the Turbo with my Cayenne (has a hitch), and the drive is not bad (~under10 hours)...The Hotel and Spa look great too....Only problem is I have no car trailer and never pulled it around (pulled boats, but no cars).

I am going to look for a car trailer...and hopefully figure a way to protect the front of my car so I don't mess it up from stuff flying off of the Cayenne wheels....I checked U haul and it just shows 1 day @ 6 hours is $90 for a car hauler??

Oh well..If I can get it all lined up by when they open registration I will try to go! I do not plan on doing this a lot, so not looking to buy trailer's etc..

We'll see...I think it would be fun....I have a Tiptronic S car...SO will see if I can go from a roll...

DC

Old 01-25-2015, 09:14 PM
onenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to behold
It was a great event. Your speed sounds about right for your car. I noticed most cars ran about 20mph higher than their 1/4 traps. Craziness seeing the UGR Gallardo spin out at the top end.
Very nice Enzo Performance 997 running 189mph. Figure it's gotta have about 1200hp for that mph.

I have to say that I was very impressed by the 991 Turbo S that ran what seemed to be a million times and each time it was 162. Talk about hot lapping.

Makes me want to build my 996

Old 01-26-2015, 05:13 AM
MY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of lightMY997 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
glad to see you did well and had fun and safe. i have seen about 3 big wrecks from today. in my book ill stay at clayton much better runway.
Yeah the track was sort of slippery and there was a cross wind into us off the left front of the car...about 3/4 the way down the car (even at my speeds) would get kind of blown around...but then toward the very end it would be okay so you could stay on it through the gate. Thanks again for all your help...things went pretty much as you said!

Old 01-26-2015, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by therock88
You have gotten me all excited now about the event...So looking at the one in VA in May. Looks like a beautiful place and my wife said she would love to go.

I think I could easily pull the Turbo with my Cayenne (has a hitch), and the drive is not bad (~under10 hours)...The Hotel and Spa look great too....Only problem is I have no car trailer and never pulled it around (pulled boats, but no cars).

I am going to look for a car trailer...and hopefully figure a way to protect the front of my car so I don't mess it up from stuff flying off of the Cayenne wheels....I checked U haul and it just shows 1 day @ 6 hours is $90 for a car hauler??
Yes! You definetly should do it at least once...it was a lot of fun...VA does look nice but a haul for me from Tampa. And I talked to a few people in Ocala who used U-Haul trailers and said they work great. I am fortunate to have an Uncle who restores old cars and he has two enlcosed trailers that he said I can use anytime...my issue is finding something to haul them (guess i can rent)...I drove to Ocala as it is only like an hour or so from my house.

Originally Posted by therock88
Oh well..If I can get it all lined up by when they open registration I will try to go! I do not plan on doing this a lot, so not looking to buy trailer's etc..

We'll see...I think it would be fun....I have a Tiptronic S car...SO will see if I can go from a roll...
A couple of things...if you are going for sure be prepared to register as soon as it opens (you can get update emails from wannaGOFAST) because the Ocala event sold out in 48 hrs.

Second...you can run from a roll but I did not see one car do that and with our AWD we get off the line pretty good...the starter would get this bored look when I pulled up becuase he knew I was not going to do a burn out...alll the AWD cars would just sit there waiting for their two wheel co-racer to finish their burnout...LOL

Old 01-26-2015, 05:29 AM
Originally Posted by onenrg1
It was a great event. Your speed sounds about right for your car. I noticed most cars ran about 20mph higher than their 1/4 traps. Craziness seeing the UGR Gallardo spin out at the top end.
Very nice Enzo Performance 997 running 189mph. Figure it's gotta have about 1200hp for that mph.
So you were there? Should have looked me up? I had already left when the Gallarado spun out and it was about at that bad spot (windy) as I saw the video. Earlier in the day a Mustang spun out pretty bad but he just lost it off the line (sort of) as everyone was complaining about it being slippery???

And I did not see the 997 that ran 189mph...must have been late in the day...what color was it? Was it the yellow one with black HRE wheels? Dang sorry I missed that.

Originally Posted by onenrg1
I have to say that I was very impressed by the 991 Turbo S that ran what seemed to be a million times and each time it was 162. Talk about hot lapping. Makes me want to build my 996
I never saw the 991 TTS run 162...I talked to that guy a lot and we even raced once but he was complaining that he could not get over 160mph as he came there thinking he could do 170 because he had added headers, etc...maybe he did that when I was not looking but he was real close to 160 each time so I am not surprised. Good for him...he was a nice guy!

Hey did you notice what the 991 C2S did...my buddy has a C2 with a bunch of mods, tune, etc...and he was wondering what he would do as he is probably close to 400hp...but we never saw the 991 run?

Last edited by MY997; 01-26-2015 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:21 AM
Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !
Old 01-26-2015, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Vantaredoc
Thanks for sharing as this happened after I left and there was a giant puddle in a field off to the right of the track from all the rain the nigth before...I saw that Lambo run a couple of times with another one from the same company wth no issues...wonder what happened???

Old 01-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
if virginia is to far consider coming up to clayton ga. its a beautiful fly in community with a 5500 ft runway (concrete!) i make a 3 day event out of the weekend and its a greta getaway. let me know i can give you all the details for lodging and registering.( i have a early registration contact!)

prestige auto red lambo broke traction (awd) in 3 gears and spun off the track at 60% throttle. 2000 hp!

Last edited by 32krazy!; 01-26-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:58 AM
Actually Underground Racing got their Lambo to go 233.88 mph

Here is the video

I love the way he just eases out and then bang it is gone...listen to the shifts also as they sound wicked...enjoy!

Old 02-02-2015, 12:37 PM
Chris@EnzoPerform is just really niceChris@EnzoPerform is just really niceChris@EnzoPerform is just really niceChris@EnzoPerform is just really niceChris@EnzoPerform is just really nice
Here is a clip of the EnzoPerformance 1200R+ running 196.3, last run on Sunday.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Chris@EnzoPerform
Very nice...dang I wish I would have been there Sunday to see it run...and your car and mine look a lot a like...well execpt for about 700hp LOL

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
WGF_3.JPG (66.7 KB, 85 views)
Old 02-03-2015, 06:02 AM
onenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to behold
So you were there? Should have looked me up? I had already left when the Gallarado spun out and it was about at that bad spot (windy) as I saw the video. Earlier in the day a Mustang spun out pretty bad but he just lost it off the line (sort of) as everyone was complaining about it being slippery???

And I did not see the 997 that ran 189mph...must have been late in the day...what color was it? Was it the yellow one with black HRE wheels? Dang sorry I missed that.

I never saw the 991 TTS run 162...I talked to that guy a lot and we even raced once but he was complaining that he could not get over 160mph as he came there thinking he could do 170 because he had added headers, etc...maybe he did that when I was not looking but he was real close to 160 each time so I am not surprised. Good for him...he was a nice guy!

Hey did you notice what the 991 C2S did...my buddy has a C2 with a bunch of mods, tune, etc...and he was wondering what he would do as he is probably close to 400hp...but we never saw the 991 run?
The silver 997 was the one that I saw run 189. Obviously it has some nice mods on it. The Burgundy 991 Turbo S was an older gentleman that ran over and over

Old 02-03-2015, 06:08 AM
Originally Posted by Chris@EnzoPerform
Very impressive run. Must have left when you ran the 196 pass. Great run. What clutch do you run?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wannaGOFAST - Ocala