997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT Manual Transmission and Differential strength

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
Ouch,,,,,1000 awhp launch...I'm surprised the car dosent snap in half....those cars are track monsters....prod..was asking for dyno number limits for lower then those numbers...
rwd . prodigy is just thinking ahead. he has had 1000 rwhp 996t and I'm betting the 997tt won't be in triple digit hp # for long! he is no roll racer. its drop it and dig!!

Old 02-04-2015, 07:20 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Mark I got a few reman 997 GT2 gearboxes from Porsche for around 13k as late as last Oct. Like new. Everything including cooler. Something to consider because you can get decent $ for yours and that plus the work you would do to it can get pretty close. LQQK is running one in his 996 after blowing his box at 800ish and he's happy.

Haven't heard of any failures yet on this end with several 7-900 cars I have done. Guys running the SRE clutch or 8-900+ on the ERP Triple like they stole it. Haven't heard of upgrades for the 997TT box...YET.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Mark I got a few reman 997 GT2 gearboxes from Porsche for around 13k as late as last Oct. Like new. Everything including cooler. Something to consider because you can get decent $ for yours and that plus the work you would do to it can get pretty close. LQQK is running one in his 996 after blowing his box at 800ish and he's happy. Haven't heard of any failures yet on this end with several 7-900 cars I have done. Guys running the SRE clutch or 8-900+ on the ERP Triple like they stole it. Haven't heard of upgrades for the 997TT box...YET.
Gt2 box means no front drive. I like the 997 front drive.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 02-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
D'oh!
Me too

Old 02-05-2015, 12:52 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
Gt2 box means no front drive. I like the 997 front drive.
When your front tires aer 6 inches in the air front drive doesnt help!

Old 02-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Swole Powell
Factory LSD option car, Rader has some gears for our tranny if it does end up breaking. Till then I will enjoy the terrible gear ratio Porsche chose to give us.
nice mine did not come with the LSD but I just scored a factory LSD with 2k miles. going to throw it in there when i have some free time.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 02-05-2015, 08:18 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
my first post said that i broke a 996tt gearbox previously, in a 996tt, years ago. in a 996tt gearbox 3rd gear is weak, but you haven't gotten to that lesson yet since you are still making nooblet threads about which stock turbo tune is the safest.....

i'm glad it made you laugh ...... because you know what they say about people that aren't so bright, they often laugh to cover up the fact that they in fact know nothing of the topic being discussed. with every additional post you make its very clear that you know nothing on the topic of Porsche gearboxes besides that your car has one in it. i doubt you'd recognize one if it fell into your lap.

let me reiterate why i feel that you completely incompetent and clueless

Since when is clutch part of a transmission?

that is false, an upgraded clutch will increase wear on the tranny

Find him yet ?

Nothing interesting about that except the fact that you made it up and it is 100% false

lol a dyno had nothing to do with upgrading a transmission or how you shift whats so ever.

maybe stick to sharing your exp m3post and ls1tech since its useless here

^^^ no LOL i LOL don't LOL know LOL

only thing that shifts once in a full run is a powerglide

more priceless info from Squat

Thanks for the remote diagnosis of my perfectly functioning gearbox.

meanwhile ill go back in my dumb world and learn how a transmission works..... oh wait ..... i already have.
never said a clutch was part of a tranny. And no a correctly engaged clutch WILL NOT increase wear, EDIT: I'm assuming everyone knows when you start the car everything is wearing however it will not cause excessive wear over another clutch if correctly engaged, remember you are trying to match something spinning at 3XXX+ revs per min. You know Roger at CMS so well??? he lives in AZ Havasua city!! You are so pathetic. I really feel bad for you

Really.. a dyno is no help. You are pathetic. Why dont you get yourself a camaro or something and do your little 1/4 mile runs. Dynos measure HP, i am not sure if you know that now. You should use one to understand what at what RPM you are making peak HP. If you are making XXX HP when you shift it has NOTHING to do with the tranny it has to do with the moron shifting.
What is SO hard for you to understand about that. How much is your car making when you shift. Engines make the Same HP at the same RPM doesnt matter what gear. What comes into play is the friction of movement.
here you are whining about breaking your tranny... learn how to shift and it wont happen.
Having been around some 8 sec trucks etc you should know that but hey You dont even know where your GOOD friend has his SHOP!

EDIT: why dont you call AMS and ask them.... I mean with all your friends in the biz you shouldnt need to be here. Call Roger in CALI! hahahaha maybe thats why he isnt working on 997s. You have the wrong guy

Last edited by Squat; 02-05-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Squat
Dynos measure HP, i am not sure if you know that now.
nah i'm not familiar with what dynos do or how they operate, i usually max them out and run home crying

you are a clueless. as someone who doesn't know the difference between available flash tunes you are trying to post in a tranny build thread .... you have nothing to contribute except a story of how your friend with an M3 broke 3 gear and how i should dyno my car and figure out where to shift. i mean come on now save yourself the embarrassment.

you shouldnt need to be here.
there is only one person in this thread that shouldn't be here is you, literally everything you posted here is worthless

doing business with someone doesn't make them a GOOD friend, i guess you can keep making stuff up like the 8 second trucks commen and 997 tranny gearbox facts where you claim the TT box to be same as C4. like i said you wouldn't know a 997 gearbox if you were standing under a 997 and it landed on top of you,go dyno your car for vacuum leaks and check it for tune safety and lean conditions right after finishing your HP RPM shift analysis. this thread is for big boys not little cry babies worried about popping off vacuum lines with stock turbos

Old 02-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
nah i'm not familiar with what dynos do or how they operate, i usually max them out and run home crying

you are a clueless. as someone who doesn't know the difference between available flash tunes you are trying to post in a tranny build thread .... you have nothing to contribute except a story of how your friend with an M3 broke 3 gear and how i should dyno my car and figure out where to shift. i mean come on now save yourself the embarrassment.

there is only one person in this thread that shouldn't be here is you, literally everything you posted here is worthless

doing business with someone doesn't make them a GOOD friend, i guess you can keep making stuff up like the 8 second trucks commen and 997 tranny gearbox facts where you claim the TT box to be same as C4. like i said you wouldn't know a 997 gearbox if you were standing under a 997 and it landed on top of you,go dyno your car for vacuum leaks and check it for tune safety and lean conditions right after finishing your HP RPM shift analysis. this thread is for big boys not little cry babies worried about popping off vacuum lines with stock turbos
Well you know absolutely nothing about your car. Why dont you call around and ask if you are putting 300ft of tq vs 500 and ask him if he wants to know that when he builds your car. Go ahead call someone. Of course you wont because you dont even know wtf you are talking about. you just say GIMME 9000 hp!!! i NEED TO BRAG ON A FORUM, LOLOL

I'll am blown away how some people get into certain cars.... did you hit the trust fund lottery? I mean do you even know how many 6spds are hitting 1300HP+ No you just wanted to ask so you could look cool.

Go ahead tell me what happens when a RPR( do you know what that is) pops off because someone has over 1X.X boost. You dont know the number you dont know why you need to know the torque hitting your gears. You dont know anything

All you need to know if you want a high HP car is you have to rebuild sooner.

Of course CMS isnt your friend. you probably called him once and wanted to act like you were buddies. I mean you didnt even know where his shop was.

I am sure your little fan club will be along shortly to stroke your ego.

facts are any reputable builder will want the DYNO if you have it. At least thats what they tell me.

I mean seriously, you dont even want to know how much power you are putting into the transmission. WOW~~~ and anyone reading this far should have an idea of how much Knowledge Prodigy has at this point. So take what he says about mechanical parts with a grain of salt

Old 02-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Squat seeing as I have built one trans on a 996TT that later set a few records years ago and also spent some time working on having my brothers 997TT transmission built (which holds a few stock motor records now) I have a little more room to talk...

I have NEVER been asked by G-Box, Bill R, etc. for a dyno. I have been asked tire size (I ran runners and 27.4" tall DR's on my 996TT) and Rev. limiter.

Obviously you are an engineer by your post so please stop talking because you obviously haven't ever owned anything fast... Your little tactics on now name calling really proves your childish ways and true lack of knowledge...

Sincerely,
Someone who doesn't listen to the internet and still does work.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Basic Sponsor
Well you know absolutely nothing about your car. Why dont you call around and ask if you are putting 300ft of tq vs 500 and ask him if he wants to know that when he builds your car. Go ahead call someone. Of course you wont because you dont even know wtf you are talking about. you just say GIMME 9000 hp!!! i NEED TO BRAG ON A FORUM, LOLOL
Once again you post like a middles schooler "call someone" "LOLOLOL" nervously laughing with your self.

Since you like dynos so much and I know nothing, ill throw you a bone with some dynos....
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-spoolbus.html

Please take alook and review, once you are don eplease provide your valuable feedback on suggested shiftpoints.

I mean do you even know how many 6spds are hitting 1300HP+
yes i can name most of them, since we all chat and there isnt tha tmany of us. one day maybe you can join the big leagues.

RPR( do you know what that is)
nope still dont know what an RPR is. im assuming you are talking about the FPR but in your head its called an RPR.....

pops off because someone has over 1X.X boost.
loose vacuum lines are noob mistakes.
You dont know the number you dont know why you need to know the torque hitting your gears. You dont know anything

Of course CMS isnt your friend. you probably called him once and wanted to act like you were buddies. I mean you didnt even know where his shop was.
twice.

facts are any reputable builder will want the DYNO if you have it. At least thats what they tell me.
what they tell you ? why do you need a reputable builder? did you move past the stock turbo ecu level or did you break your gearbox with stock HP do to inability to shift gears properly.

I mean seriously, you dont even want to know how much power you are putting into the transmission. WOW~~~ and anyone reading this far should have an idea of how much Knowledge Prodigy has at this point. So take what he says about mechanical parts with a grain of salt
nopeeeee i know nothing. when someone asks me how much hp i have, my response is all of it. noone should ever take my advice

Old 02-05-2015, 09:31 AM
My name calling?

Ok. And if you offered your torque numbers would he use them?

That's what the two builders, one of which I called this week, said would be helpful.

But hey I'll remove myself from the thread. You guys paid someone to do something for you. Kinda like having someone build you a hot rod.

And yeah I've been faster and farther than either of you will ever go. Nice try though

Old 02-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
My name calling?

Ok. And if you offered your torque numbers would he use them?

That's what the two builders, one of which I called this week, said would be helpful.

But hey I'll remove myself from the thread. You guys paid someone to do something for you. Kinda like having someone build you a hot rod.

And yeah I've been faster and farther than either of you will ever go. Nice try though
Please bring it out sometime we should be at SGMP and a few other races this year...

Name:  Yj2tL3S.png
Views: 111
Size:  1.74 MB

All the clean pictures have the bumper on... So probably should have mentioned I've had way faster cars before Porsche's just found easy ways to make big power.

You obviously have some knowledge but at not useful in a situation like this.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:41 AM
I don't drag anymore.. Once you get close to 1000mph or over 100on the water drags... Are so tame.
Needing a helmet to drive a boat or a jet is way cooler.

I think you guys need to step back and realize that it's a car. You don't know why your builder did what he did.
You just know he did it.

All of this is a mute point why. No one does anything but rebuilds a 997 tt tranny and they aren't going too.

Strap an aftermarket if you wana over 1300 or be able to rebuild more often.

Later

Old 02-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Emre, Prodigy is too stupid to ask you this so I will. Have you found a need to upgrade the tranny for your high HP builds. I know you have a Tip but if the tip will handle is so should a 6spd.
From the ESMotor 8 second thread... LOL! You realize Emre is one of the best Tip builders in the world... I almost spit my drink out esp since you know so much.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT Manual Transmission and Differential strength