997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

P137X Code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Zero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to all
Dealer took a look and unfortunately cannot do more unless I bring the car back to stock. They want the IPD plenum/y-pipe removed and the headers/cat/exhaust removed. They said the code involves the intake/exhaust paths and they can't work on it under warranty with the modifications in place.

That said, they said their initial tests show nothing is wrong with the car. They think Porsche made the car overly sensitive and what they have seen even on stock cars is that if the cams are even a couple microseconds late, it will throw this code. They think my mods could be contributing to this but they have seen it even on stock cars recently.

They said I can either restore the car back to stock and have them look at it more, or I can just read the code every time it comes on and if it's the exact same code, just reset it. They don't think anything is wrong with the car.

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do. The last thing that went on the car before this started was the IPD plenum and y-pipe. Maybe I should put the tune back in, take the IPD stuff off, and then see if it happens again.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:11 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zero911
Dealer took a look and unfortunately cannot do more unless I bring the car back to stock. They want the IPD plenum/y-pipe removed and the headers/cat/exhaust removed. They said the code involves the intake/exhaust paths and they can't work on it under warranty with the modifications in place.

That said, they said their initial tests show nothing is wrong with the car. They think Porsche made the car overly sensitive and what they have seen even on stock cars is that if the cams are even a couple microseconds late, it will throw this code. They think my mods could be contributing to this but they have seen it even on stock cars recently.

They said I can either restore the car back to stock and have them look at it more, or I can just read the code every time it comes on and if it's the exact same code, just reset it. They don't think anything is wrong with the car.

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do. The last thing that went on the car before this started was the IPD plenum and y-pipe. Maybe I should put the tune back in, take the IPD stuff off, and then see if it happens again.
Too bad....

I would just take the last two items off that were put on before the error occurred and leave the tune. If you remove too many items, you change too many of the variables and still cannot narrow it down...

Good luck!
DC

Old 03-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Zero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by therock88
Too bad....

I would just take the last two items off that were put on before the error occurred and leave the tune. If you remove too many items, you change too many of the variables and still cannot narrow it down...

Good luck!
DC
Thanks! The tune's already off but going to put that back in as that didn't change a thing. Yeah, I'll look into getting the IPD stuff removed next to test that.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:19 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Thanks! The tune's already off but going to put that back in as that didn't change a thing. Yeah, I'll look into getting the IPD stuff removed next to test that.
Good idea! If I were you, I would start with everything as it was when error occurred. Then remove each upgrade in reverse order...one at a time and test after each one to see if error is gone. Also, sometimes when you install one item you can accidentally disrupt something else ( like when people change plugs and knock off the actuator rod or leave a hose loose)

Good luck...and keep us posted...

DC

Old 03-11-2015, 12:41 PM
Ok, I removed the IPD plenum and pipe. Code fired again after 60 miles. So we can rule those out as well. Next up, the diverter valves.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Ok, I removed the IPD plenum and pipe. Code fired again after 60 miles. So we can rule those out as well. Next up, the diverter valves.
Wow! Good luck. Hope you find it soon, so you can enjoy your car again....

DC

Old 08-22-2022, 09:28 AM
CityEscape is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi - I’ve had the same reoccurring code in my 2012 cayenne turbo since I purchased it. I purchased it from TFL off-road YouTube channel. I spoke to Roman before buying he said they reviewed the car and had it taken care of…they are honorable guys and believe them.

I’ve brought it Gold Coast Porsche 6x they cleared this 4x said there’s no issue or they did some work that fixed it to only have it reappear ~100 miles later

Now hey want to charge $14K for valve actuator replacement. But they also don’t appear to have any reasoning on why/how they came to this diagnosis.

I spoke the “car ninja” @ German motor works in Kansas (well known from “Hoovies garage” & “car ninja YouTube channel).

He was nice enough to review diagnostics and said this is such a generic item said if it’s not plugs, coils or solenoid then it’s injectors. Recommended switching one bank from the other and and seeing if same code come or error switch’s banks (said the valve caplet replacement was bogus and to take car back from dealer).

going to have dealer do this and run short test.

Old 08-31-2022, 08:59 AM
Duschanio is an unknown quantity at this point
what was the issue ??? ...