997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 Turbo Supplemental Fuel System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 06:53 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ysfg35
Hey , Well I have 997.2 turbo with bigger upgraded turbos and ran aquamist hfs4 to support fueling and more octane , it ran perfect with zero issues Did you log your car to check the fuel system limitation ??
That's terrific. What tune/file are you using?

I didn't log but I was getting fuel cuts at a 1/2 mile airstrip event. The fuel cuts were happening in higher gears mostly above 100 mph. The GIAC file I was running was already known to fuel cut so we know exactly what the issue was...and GIAC was with me at the event and so instead of continuing to run that file they flashed me to a more conservative tune for the remainder of the event.

Now with the supplemental fuel system in place I again have the aggressive file loaded up. What is interesting is that I attended an event at a higher elevation (shift sector 1/3 mile event at Willow springs) event recently and did not experience fuel cuts even when the methanol was not spraying. The theory being that the higher elevation (2,300 feet) reduced power enough so that it brought me below the 997.2 fueling limit. But at sea level I would expect the fuel cuts to return. This makes me think that spraying 100% methanol with dual 630cfm nozzles will give me plenty of extra fuel to run even more power once given to GIAC.

I think the ECU in this car is terrific as it's designed to fuel cut when the fueling limit is reached. Other cars like my supercharged M3 would have blown the motor if the fueling limit was exceeded.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:33 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for sharing your info Longboarder!

Ptf- when will your supplemental fuel system be ready for sale? How will you control fueling of the additional injectors?

Old 02-24-2015, 07:10 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Stage7
Thanks for sharing your info Longboarder!

Ptf- when will your supplemental fuel system be ready for sale? How will you control fueling of the additional injectors?
Stage7, as lame as it sounds all we can say right now is it'll be on sale as soon as its done, tested to outflow the OEM hardware and allow for additional gains with proper fuel control.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:52 PM
guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
Stage7, as lame as it sounds all we can say right now is it'll be on sale as soon as its done, tested to outflow the OEM hardware and allow for additional gains with proper fuel control.
I love the fact that longboarder pushes the platform!

I'm getting ready to pick up the AMS intercoolers/y-pipe along with the IPD plenum. However, as longboarder already pointed out, the platform limits seem to be 650 at this present moment. I guess we'll see when someone steps up to build the PDK. I'll stay under the danger zone until that happens... no point in building the motor if I can't even have a transmission that will hold up to the power.

With that said, I'll probably look into proTuning's product when it goes on sale.. having that extra safety margin will be nice.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:40 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
coolingmist is a good controller, very reliable. my buddy with aquamist on cayenne turbo n 996 turbo never seem to get it working consistently. he has the HFS 3 & HFS 4. Too much safety build into them if one little thing dont work nothing work except the nice gauge lighting up

Originally Posted by longboarder
That looks great PFT. That plus and engine and PDK build would be quite something.

I initially asked Thomas to use an Aquamist system but it was not 100% reliable on flow and the solenoid failed and tricked meth at idle. Not what I was looking for.

The system here is not coolingmist based but does use the coolingmist controller and failsafe. The Coolingmist controller is being used due to it's simplicity. It sprays using boost and is progressive based on whatever boost I want to start and reach 100% using the guage. Tuning hasn't begun yet so we have quite a bit more to do.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:12 PM
Tarasser is on a distinguished road
I have Aquamist 4 installed on 997.2
see pic
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/74f7894f85d2/meth/

Old 03-27-2015, 06:04 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Thx for the bump Tarasser I forgot about this thread. Well the coolingmist controller worked fine. At first it was spraying too much meth, but then I turned it down to about 60% and set the stock turbo 1/4 mile trap record for the 997.2:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...135-58mph.html

Old 03-28-2015, 02:38 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
who''s jet are you using and what size are you using?

Thx for the bump Tarasser I forgot about this thread. Well the coolingmist controller worked fine. At first it was spraying too much meth, but then I turned it down to about 60% and set the stock turbo 1/4 mile trap record for the 997.2:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...135-58mph.html

Old 03-28-2015, 02:43 AM
i've just installed a meth injection (coolingmist) on a 991 turbo S. i've put about 1000 miles on her. so far so good

Old 03-28-2015, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by yllwturbo
who''s jet are you using and what size are you using?
I have dual 630 nozzles - 630cc's per minute. So a total of 1,260cc maximum flow. I'm running 100% methanol.

From one session of testing full flow is too much meth and was killing top end power. 1/4 mile trap speeds increase from 133 mph to 135+ mph by simply adjusting flow to about 60% at redline.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:03 PM
have you logged your AFR? i seem to run about 1 point richer after the meth installed.

I have dual 630 nozzles - 630cc's per minute. So a total of 1,260cc maximum flow. I'm running 100% methanol.

From one session of testing full flow is too much meth and was killing top end power. 1/4 mile trap speeds increase from 133 mph to 135+ mph by simply adjusting flow to about 60% at redline.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:19 PM
garychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to behold
Why cant you run a motec ECU and run a can signal from the Stock ECU via CAN bus to run a secondary Fuel Program on Low Pressure Injectors? Just curious. I am not planning to doing big mods on my Porsche, but I would assume a Motec ECU could do this with no Issue.

Old 03-28-2015, 04:26 PM
Mit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by garychios
Why cant you run a motec ECU and run a can signal from the Stock ECU via CAN bus to run a secondary Fuel Program on Low Pressure Injectors? Just curious. I am not planning to doing big mods on my Porsche, but I would assume a Motec ECU could do this with no Issue.
Motec ECU is more than capable, but I don't think anyone has tried setting it up on the .2's with DFI and then getting CAN to play nice. Example: Motiv has a BMW N54 (also DI) time attack car, originally it was tuned stock DME with an independent AEM EMS to manage the supplementary injection. They recently switched to a Motec ECU, but have lost all CAN integration -- NOT a big deal with a racecar, small issue with a street car.

For street setups, Motiv is still using the original racecar setup: base tuning through COBB on the stock DME, and controlling the supplemental injection with an independent AEM EMS.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:44 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
I had this controller in my bmw, and the controller worked flawlessly. But everything else from CM including pumps, tanks etc was prone to leaks due to really low quality push style fittings.

And as PTF mentioned their flow sensor was crap.