997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Advice on selling my 997.1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 08:17 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Squat
Lemme guess you own a manual.

Haha

Old 03-24-2015, 09:13 PM
Cart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to behold
unless you are in dire need of money, you should keep it. 1700 miles of excitement thats worth more then any asking price.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:10 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by THEWHEEL22
Hell last year I put maybe 1700 miles on it.
Is that really that low? Seems like you got it out more than a few times.

Don't wait for it to appreciate. It's not going to appreciate faster then the market. If you do part out. Dibbs on the cobb. Seriously.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:21 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
1,700 miles could be a lot of fun.
If you don't need the money, who cares? Keep it and when you get the itch to do and drive it, then DRIVE it.

We (the majority) do not buy cars as an investment. Do not speculate hoping for an increase in value in a year or two.

I love to drive. I feel for you. I have 4 perfectly capable vehicles. I could work from home but I MAKE myself drive to the office...because I want to drive.

I only put about 3,000 miles on my turbo...but those are some fun 3,000 miles. I put another 3,000 miles on my GT-R and another 4,000 or so on the C63...another 6,000 on the Xterror. That is what I call equal opportunity driver.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:42 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
1,700 miles could be a lot of fun.
If you don't need the money, who cares? Keep it and when you get the itch to do and drive it, then DRIVE it.

We (the majority) do not buy cars as an investment. Do not speculate hoping for an increase in value in a year or two.

I love to drive. I feel for you. I have 4 perfectly capable vehicles. I could work from home but I MAKE myself drive to the office...because I want to drive.

I only put about 3,000 miles on my turbo...but those are some fun 3,000 miles. I put another 3,000 miles on my GT-R and another 4,000 or so on the C63...another 6,000 on the Xterror. That is what I call equal opportunity driver.

I agree, I do enjoy it when I drive it with out a doubt. I didn't buy it as an investment at all. I just thought of that when I read a few theads on here. Figured it would be nice to make a few bucks than lose thousands for once.. Who knows, I'm putting it back on insurance next week we'll see if I've changed my tune then.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:58 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
So today I had to go take emissions test, which I failed..all because I don't drive the car enough after the last time it was flashed, so I had to get a hold of Mitch to find out if there was anything I had to do. The only thing I had to do was go drive it! After putting on around 60 miles today, I decided to keep it. This car is just too perfect to sell due to my lack of driving it.

Mitch-Thank you for always helping out!! Anyone that is looking for a flash look no further than Cobb & Mitch. I don't think you will find any tuners out there that go above and beyond for their customers pre/post sale that these guys do.

Last edited by THEWHEEL22; 04-01-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:01 PM
oh and after driving 60 miles, I did return to the testing place and passed..

Old 03-31-2015, 03:36 PM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Good decision. If you sold it, I think you would miss it.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:49 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
Only managed to squeeze 847 miles in the last 12 months no intention of selling...just such an awesome car driving or standing still....good decision to keep her.....you can't replace it for what you would get for it.....

Old 03-31-2015, 07:53 PM
I hear you, I don't know why I was thinking about selling anyways

Old 04-01-2015, 08:24 AM
Rodbuster is on a distinguished road
Supposed to be in the 70's today in chicagoland. Good day to take the turbo for a spin! Which HRE's do you have on your '07? Bet it looks sinister in black.

Looks like Supercar Saturdays is going to start back up on May 2, at the Promenade in Bolingbrook. Usually some nice cars there, and good people to talk to. Have you ever checked it out?

Old 04-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Rodbuster
Supposed to be in the 70's today in chicagoland. Good day to take the turbo for a spin! Which HRE's do you have on your '07? Bet it looks sinister in black.

Looks like Supercar Saturdays is going to start back up on May 2, at the Promenade in Bolingbrook. Usually some nice cars there, and good people to talk to. Have you ever checked it out?
You're right! perfect day for the turbo! I have the P43's on it,they're like a gunmetal color. Yes, supercar saturdays is awesome! I take my S4 there too many people that want to put their dick beaters on the cars. I don't like people touching my turbo.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:59 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
As said, part out the mods. Sell it stock.

And then...buy 1 year old M3/M4 and drive it everywhere

EDIT: Just read above, congrats on keeping it!

Old 04-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
As said, part out the mods. Sell it stock.

And then...buy 1 year old M3/M4 and drive it everywhere

EDIT: Just read above, congrats on keeping it!
Thanks! Now it's time for some more parts. Maybe some new turbos.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Rodbuster is on a distinguished road
Hang in there thewheel. I'll see you at Supercar Saturdays!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Advice on selling my 997.1