997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Build: Champion VTG's + Intercoolers + ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 08:55 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
We're almost there...
All the parts are in and the car will be picked up later today.

I'll be loading the stage one maps, 91 octane as a base. I have road trip planned this weekend so hoping there won't be any incidents - but not going to be pushing her hard on the "base" maps.
The road trip will also open up good possibility for some data logging too.

@Bogg - yeah I think those were the .2 hoses

I picked those turbos up from prodigymb
So yeah - they are 100% for the 997.1. The IC's were bought from another 6speed member and they came off a .2 - obviously I only realized when they didn't fit.

Big thanks to Tom from Champion - who came to my aide and shipped those hoses off to me in record time - you guys rock!!!

Once I have Dzenno iterate a few times with the COBB maps, I'll be throwing the car on a dyno - I'll post the results.

Currently here's what I have on the engine:
Champion IC's
68mm Champion VTGs
Full Techart Exhaust 200cell cat
WERKS1 air hoses/plumbing

Stock: Y pipe, throttle body and plenum
Stock: Headers

Old 05-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Woo can't wait to see the results!!!!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 05-22-2015, 09:18 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
I took the car for a very quick spin this evening - car feels great, but right now running on the slug like 91 Octane stage 1 COBB map.
Tomorrow = data logging

Mentioned on another thread:
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
You could get over 700 pretty easily with 68's, but you'd have to keep a real close eye on TQ. When we run our 68's over 700whp, we typically only do it on built engines so that they can handle the crazy low-end TQ.
Tom, what would you recommend replacing WRT internals to handle that low end TQ?

Last edited by pureporsche; 05-22-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:49 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Congrats. These 68mm VTGs are very interesting indeed. I'd love to see some 0-300kph data from any of you guys.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:13 PM
I'm on a little road trip this weekend, and thought this would be a perfect time to take advantage of some open highway and capture some logs for Dzenno.

My fiance's in the passanger seat and on the first sprint and I caught her off guard. She turned to me and with a look of anxiety asked "What the hell was that?".

I told her I'm datalogging.

Her response: "hmmmmm, datalogging... not a fan"

#dataloggingfail

Old 05-24-2015, 10:53 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
My wife is not a fan of datalogging either. In fact, it was a datalogging "session" that ended her willingness to get in the car.

Originally Posted by pureporsche
I'm on a little road trip this weekend, and thought this would be a perfect time to take advantage of some open highway and capture some logs for Dzenno.

My fiance's in the passanger seat and on the first sprint and I caught her off guard. She turned to me and with a look of anxiety asked "What the hell was that?".

I told her I'm datalogging.

Her response: "hmmmmm, datalogging... not a fan"

#dataloggingfail

Old 05-25-2015, 09:37 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I'm using 94 octane gas too - on stock injectors and 5bar fpr the injector duty cycles were 95% and higher at some rpms. I switched to ID/Cobb 1k injectors, and they are loafing about at all rpms, lol.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:00 AM
I'm using stock injectors, and running 94 only.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:40 AM
jazz997tt is a splendid one to beholdjazz997tt is a splendid one to beholdjazz997tt is a splendid one to beholdjazz997tt is a splendid one to beholdjazz997tt is a splendid one to beholdjazz997tt is a splendid one to behold
Can't wait to see what magic Dzenno and PTF end up with on your project. You're in great hands and you've got a great car. I would've just done ID1000 injectors while you were in there too just not to go back in there for a while. That's the only thing missing in this equation I believe. My minimum mod list for even my stock VTGs is exhaust, ID1000s, 997.2 intercoolers and a custom tune from these guys. Looking forward to it. Any updates?

Old 05-26-2015, 08:30 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jazz997tt
Can't wait to see what magic Dzenno and PTF end up with on your project. You're in great hands and you've got a great car. I would've just done ID1000 injectors while you were in there too just not to go back in there for a while. That's the only thing missing in this equation I believe. My minimum mod list for even my stock VTGs is exhaust, ID1000s, 997.2 intercoolers and a custom tune from these guys. Looking forward to it. Any updates?
I would recommend ID1300 or even larger if you even have the thought you would ever put e85 in it. There are no idle or noticeable trade offs, and will give you a bit of headroom.

Dan

Old 05-26-2015, 08:31 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rix
I would recommend ID1300 or even larger if you even have the thought you would ever put e85 in it. There are no idle or noticeable trade offs, and will give you a bit of headroom.

Dan
agreed

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 05-26-2015, 08:56 AM
Thanks guys for the recommendation.

However, believe it or not, there are only 2 pumps in all of Canada that sell E85 - so I'm sticking to 94 for the foreseeable future. If it ever makes it's way north of the boarder, I'll give injectors a second thought.

~Mike

Old 05-26-2015, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rix

Dan
Given no E85 access for this car it really won't be necessary to go any higher than ID1000s on 68mm VTGs and gasoline and/or race gas but you can go as large as you'd like. However, if there are any plans even remotely for E85 though then ID1300 or larger are a better fit with 68s.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:00 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pureporsche
Thanks guys for the recommendation.

However, believe it or not, there are only 2 pumps in all of Canada that sell E85 - so I'm sticking to 94 for the foreseeable future. If it ever makes it's way north of the boarder, I'll give injectors a second thought.

~Mike
Even on 94 you will run out of injector if you want to make the most of your 68s. I don't know what the upper recommended limit is for injector duty cycle but if you have a tune like mine (which is sweeeet ) then you will be pushing the limits of stock injectors and possibly bad things could happen if there is no headroom left in fuel capacity.

I thought I would get away with stock injectors and the 5bar on 94 octane but it was clear from the logs that I was living on the edge...

Old 05-26-2015, 07:55 PM
bombermon is on a distinguished road
You don't need to get a tune right away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Build: Champion VTG's + Intercoolers + ...