997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Front Spoiler Aero style

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 09:10 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Front Spoiler Aero style

Many of us on this forum have purchased the EBAY aero style front spoiler lip and have been quite happy with them. Prices have ranged from $120 and $150 to $200, and all sellers seem to offer the same price, and I believe all sellers drop ship from the same source. I purchased 2 from 4caroption last year.

I was just browsing through EBAY, and I happened to notice that the price seems to have dropped to $109 which I think is a good price for the easily damaged lip. Maybe an opportunity to stock up.

Just an FYI. I have no affiliation.

Last edited by kwiksilver; 07-31-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:20 AM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kwiksilver
Many of us on this forum have purchased the EBAY aero style front spoiler lip and have been quite happy with them. Prices have ranged from $120 and $150 to $200, and all sellers seem to offer the same price, and I believe all sellers drop ship from the same source. I purchased 2 from 4caroption last year.

I was just browsing through EBAY, and I happened to notice that the price seems to have dropped to $109 which I think is a good price for the easily damaged lip. Maybe an opportunity to stock up.

Thanks for the heads up!

Old 07-31-2015, 11:15 AM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
Geez, at $109 I'll get another spare or two!

Old 07-31-2015, 01:14 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !

How was the fit and finish with theirs?

Old 07-31-2015, 01:34 PM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by function12
How was the fit and finish with theirs?
For the price, I found the quality to be very good. Some buyers thought the finish was a bit shiny, and they used plastidip to provide a matte finish. I preferred to have mine painted to match body, and I've been very pleased.
There is a very long thread on the subject which really beat the subject to death, but I can't remember the title. Most buyers seemed to like the lip; some had nits to pick, but for $109, I think it is a bargain.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:43 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
For the price, I found the quality to be very good. Some buyers thought the finish was a bit shiny, and they used plastidip to provide a matte finish. I preferred to have mine painted to match body, and I've been very pleased.
There is a very long thread on the subject which really beat the subject to death, but I can't remember the title. Most buyers seemed to like the lip; some had nits to pick, but for $109, I think it is a bargain.
+1 - it cannot be beat for the money considering it is so easily damaged. i had saved my destroyed OEM one for the track but at 109, i may buy a new one of these and trash the old one.

I had mine painted to match the car and then put Xpel on it to protect it and i couldn't be any happier with the result!

Last edited by Kricci; 07-31-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:36 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Looks great!

Old 08-01-2015, 09:19 AM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Thanks for the tip. I picked one up yesterday. My OEM lip is getting destroyed.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:00 PM
djillusion has a spectacular aura aboutdjillusion has a spectacular aura about
Anyone got a link or eBay ad?

Old 08-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by djillusion
Anyone got a link or eBay ad?
One of the EBAY ads is :2006-2012 Porsche 911 Turbo 997 OE Style Front Bumper Lip Aero Spoiler.
This is the listing for seller 4caroption, although there are several other sellers with listings for what appear to be the same item at exactly the same price. I believe that they are all sold out of the same warehouse by all sellers.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:07 PM
TurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to behold
I picked on up not too long ago. great value. here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331078670961?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Old 08-02-2015, 12:35 PM
sshu930 is on a distinguished road
Is this eBay lip the same as the OEM one sold from Suncoast for $210?

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...T_ExteriorTRIM

$109 is cheap but is it worth the $100 premium to stick with OEM?

Old 08-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by sshu930
Is this eBay lip the same as the OEM one sold from Suncoast for $210?

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...T_ExteriorTRIM

$109 is cheap but is it worth the $100 premium to stick with OEM?
No. this is similar to t Suncoast's aerokit spoiler lip priced at $924. the $219 lip at Suncoast is the stock standard lip.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:59 PM
djillusion has a spectacular aura aboutdjillusion has a spectacular aura about
thanks for link, info and feedback guys. i placed an order for one via 4caroption & ebay.

might as well have a back up ready to go - just in case!

Old 08-14-2015, 06:42 AM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
No. this is similar to t Suncoast's aerokit spoiler lip priced at $924. the $219 lip at Suncoast is the stock standard lip.
my OEM has been rubbed on driveways at least 500 times and while not looking the best due to rubs - it has NOT cracked or snapped. The EBAY one literally snapped under half a dozen rubs... very brittle

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front Spoiler Aero style