997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Front Spoiler Aero style

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 07:29 AM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AriS4
my OEM has been rubbed on driveways at least 500 times and while not looking the best due to rubs - it has NOT cracked or snapped. The EBAY one literally snapped under half a dozen rubs... very brittle
I had one do that to me.
Contacted the seller and they sent me out a replacement free of charge.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:51 PM
sshu930 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kwiksilver
No. this is similar to t Suncoast's aerokit spoiler lip priced at $924. the $219 lip at Suncoast is the stock standard lip.
Thanks for the input. The aero and regular one looks similar to me. Is the aero much lower?

Old 08-15-2015, 06:59 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sshu930
Thanks for the input. The aero and regular one looks similar to me. Is the aero much lower?
The aero lip has a more aggressive look and aerodynamic shape but really isn't any lower. Take a look at Kricci's post #6 and compare to your stock lip which has a more flat shape.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:54 PM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
Just resurrecting this thread as I just went this route and installed mine. For $109, it's hard to bash it. However, I thought I would share a few observations. First, the finish on mine is not uniform - it is slightly rough/matte in some spots and shiny in others. Not too noticeable, especially at night or in dim lighting, but not hard to spot in the sun. Looks a bit like someone wasn't uniform in an application of Armor All or Mother's Back to Black. The more frustrating thing to me was that it did NOT fit well and required some work. Several of the tabs are thicker than the OEM piece, so you really have to jam it in. The design of the tabs is also slightly different, with no cutouts or gaps in the tabs that make the OEM design flex and snap into place more easily. Several of my tabs never made an audible or tactile snap, leaving me wondering if they were fully in place. Finally, several of the tabs had leftover plastic in the back at the base, preventing the spoiler from being fully inserted at all. I had to dremel off excess plastic in several areas just to get the spoiler inserted fully. I haven't checked Suncoast prices recently, but for $200 for the OEM (non aero) part, it's a bit of a toss up to me, as I'm not fixated on the aero spoiler. However, for $900+ for the OEM aero part, I'd still go with this one again and deal with the fitment issues. Even though it was a pain and a bit frustrating I couldn't put it on right out of the box, $800 is a big difference.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:15 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
I bought a pair of these two years ago, and have not had the problems experienced by mavila. I'm sure that these are made in China, and it appears that quality has degraded. I'm glad that I got mine when I did - still using the first one, and have the spare in the garage.