997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

60-130: PROTOMOTIVE 63.5 PUMP & E85 #'s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 09:38 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9e 28
The inducers are stock GT2 which are 45mm from memory. Hotside as mentioned before slightly larger on GT2 turbos and this contributes to lagginess with the larger compressor wheel. Top end on these turbos are fantastic but we need to find a way of waking them up more quickly.

Apparently the new map was working well on my car but we ran into some mechanical issues with overboosting in 5th gear so never ran her over 150mph to be on the safe side. If we can fix whatever is causing the issue we might be onto something with this new map but we can't be sure until we have data logged and vboxed her above 150mph.

Here's a few vids of a 9e 28 against some pretty quick cars. The video against the Macca (if we had 2 miles the 9e 28 would have passed the Macca 650S) and 991 Turbo S with 650bhp show well that it takes a bit of time for the turbos to wake up but when they do these cars fly. If we can wake them up quicker for a stock engined VTG 997.1 we'll have a pretty sweet all round street car.

VMAX200 HyperMax 2015 - Porsche 997 Turbo 9E28 vs Mclaren 650S - YouTube

VMAX200 HyperMax 2015 - Porsche 997 Turbo 9E28 vs Mercedes Mclaren SLR 722 - YouTube

VMAX200 HyperMax 2015 - Porsche 997 Turbo 9E28 vs Porsche 991 Turbo S 650BHP - YouTube
Nice videos, now I see why you care about the 0-300k times. Some awesome cars at that event.

I thought your turbos were hybrids - you mentioned that they have stock compressor inducer size which means they are stock GT2 turbos if I'm understanding correctly.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:22 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Question

Yes they're defo hybrids with billet wheels and motorsport bearings. 9e start off with stock OEM GT2 turbos and add larger wheels and a few other tricks to help with better top end as these videos demonstrate. Stock 997.1 VTGS when they get hot have very poor top end at approaching 300kph and beyond.

Are you saying that if the inducers are stock GT2 then the billet wheels cannot be bigger?

Bobby yes the new map we are trying is specifically to wake the turbos up quicker but there may be trade off top end.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:46 AM
Banned
Thunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond repute
Why not jump to A3076's? 0-187mph in 18's

Old 09-28-2015, 04:27 AM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Thunder915
Why not jump to A3076's? 0-187mph in 18's
How many of those runs can you do with stock engine?

Old 09-28-2015, 08:29 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9e 28
Yes they're defo hybrids with billet wheels and motorsport bearings. 9e start off with stock OEM GT2 turbos and add larger wheels and a few other tricks to help with better top end as these videos demonstrate. Stock 997.1 VTGS when they get hot have very poor top end at approaching 300kph and beyond.

Are you saying that if the inducers are stock GT2 then the billet wheels cannot be bigger?

Bobby yes the new map we are trying is specifically to wake the turbos up quicker but there may be trade off top end.
The hotside turbine has a wheel with an exducer and inducer part and the compressor side has a wheel with an exducer and inducer part. The exducer part of the compressor wheel on the Champion 68 is 68mm and the inducer part of the compressor wheel is 49mm. Iirc, the stock turbos have an exducer size of about 60mm with the inducer side around 44mm. There was a thread years ago with pictures that explain it far better than words, but the point of hybrids is that the wheel on the compressor side is swapped out for a larger one with different inducer and exducer size and characteristics while the hotside stays the same. This works up to a point as the hotside is the limiting factor in some ways, but the results with hybrid vs stock are quite impressive. One could always go with alphas or garrets or whatever but it depends on the persons goals. I'm quite happy with my hybrids and don't have any plans for "upgrading" beyond this.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:07 AM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Bobby
Asher

If u guys hook up pls let me know. Would love to tag along. I am not too far near klineburgh.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:30 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by faiz
Bobby
Asher

If u guys hook up pls let me know. Would love to tag along. I am not too far near klineburgh.

SOUND GOOD!

I will PM you my cell# and we can arrange.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 09-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by The Bogg
The hotside turbine has a wheel with an exducer and inducer part and the compressor side has a wheel with an exducer and inducer part. The exducer part of the compressor wheel on the Champion 68 is 68mm and the inducer part of the compressor wheel is 49mm. Iirc, the stock turbos have an exducer size of about 60mm with the inducer side around 44mm. There was a thread years ago with pictures that explain it far better than words, but the point of hybrids is that the wheel on the compressor side is swapped out for a larger one with different inducer and exducer size and characteristics while the hotside stays the same. This works up to a point as the hotside is the limiting factor in some ways, but the results with hybrid vs stock are quite impressive. One could always go with alphas or garrets or whatever but it depends on the persons goals. I'm quite happy with my hybrids and don't have any plans for "upgrading" beyond this.
I think the billet compressor wheel is bigger cold side on mine but inducer remains stock but will check next time I speak to 9e. I'd like a touch more power at some stage on a built 3.8 or 3.9 engine

Old 09-28-2015, 10:50 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mtlsp
congrat buddy car must feel like a beast !look like a 5sec slip soon

It sure does feel like a beast, but yours must feel like warp speed, especially with hard hitting 28's with LOW 5's!!

If you want to see how it moves out against a Gixer liter bike (stretched) and ZL1, I posted this thread.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-15-zl1.html

I also have some vids with me actually hooking from a high RPM roll IN 2ND till top of 3rd and it is "enlightening" to the senses!...I just can't upload them for some reason.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
bogg/bobbyfali/faiz, drop me a line if you're going out there and we can really do justice on the oem vs. 63s vs 68s vs 3076s comparison. It seems we can cover it all pretty well provided all 4 cars are running without any mechanical issues/boost leaks/etc If you're up for it we can throw in a dyno day as well in there and get some numbers.

Dzenno@PTF

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 09-28-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
bogg/bobbyfali/faiz, drop me a line if you're going out there and we can really do justice on the oem vs. 63s vs 68s vs 3076s comparison. It seems we can cover it all pretty well provided all 4 cars are running without any mechanical issues/boost leaks/etc If you're up for it we can throw in a dyno day as well in there and get some numbers.

Dzenno@PTF

SOUNDS good! We should all be on the same fuel so we have a fair comparison. I currently have E85 in the tank, but pending when we meet up I can put pump 94 octane in the tank, and we all can compare with straight 94. I just needed upgraded intercoolers to make it more of a fair comparison on pump, as both of you have upgraded coolers and my stock 997.1 coolers are killing my up top with it IAT's/timing!!

Someone wants to donate a set of coolers and take one for the 6Speed team? LOL

Old 10-01-2015, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks

Dzenno@PTF
that would be pretty awesome. I'll hold off on another dyno day until the oxygen sensors and plugs/coils have been done, but it would be great to do a cruise with you guys.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:56 PM
**UPDATE!! 60-130 -1.25% decline 18.5 degrees 94 PUMP GAS!!
3-4th: 7.02sec
4th :7.04

The only difference is Todd adjusted my bottom end tq by "moved clutch limit to match E85 file". Todd forwarded me a stock OEM tune (he just calibrate for my 80lb) 1.5 months back so we can try to diagnose a low boost issue I was having. When I got that file I was surprised that the OEM tune had so much bottom end tq / boost under 4000 rpm vs my Proto tune. I told him when I logged there was a big difference between the two under 4000 RPM'S. He then sent me this new file with everything the same as my current Proto pump gas tune, but "moved the clutch limit to match E85 file".

**that's a drop of .2 with just a revised bottom end tune**

I was hoping for a drop of .2-.4 in upgrading my stock intercoolers to run 7.0-6.8 on pump, but now I have hope for 6.8-6.7 with upgraded intercoolers!! I should find out if my intercoolers theory is correct shortly, as I have acquired a set of 997.2!!!

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 10-11-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:38 PM
Banned
Thunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow
That's quick! Congratulations

Old 10-12-2015, 05:49 AM
oldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to alloldbooster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
**UPDATE!! 60-130 -1.25% decline 18.5 degrees 94 PUMP GAS!!
3-4th: 7.02sec
4th :7.04

The only difference is Todd adjusted my bottom end tq by "moved clutch limit to match E85 file". Todd forwarded me a stock OEM tune (he just calibrate for my 80lb) 1.5 months back so we can try to diagnose a low boost issue I was having. When I got that file I was surprised that the OEM tune had so much bottom end tq / boost under 4000 rpm vs my Proto tune. I told him when I logged there was a big difference between the two under 4000 RPM'S. He then sent me this new file with everything the same as my current Proto pump gas tune, but "moved the clutch limit to match E85 file".

**that's a drop of .2 with just a revised bottom end tune**

I was hoping for a drop of .2-.4 in upgrading my stock intercoolers to run 7.0-6.8 on pump, but now I have hope for 6.8-6.7 with upgraded intercoolers!! I should find out if my intercoolers theory is correct shortly, as I have acquired a set of 997.2!!!
Congrats on your new personal best. There are guys on stock turbos running faster times though on pump gas? Do you have vbox graphs for any of these? Unless you were majorly heatsoaking intercoolers won't do anything much let alone 0.2-0.4secs off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 60-130: PROTOMOTIVE 63.5 PUMP & E85 #'s