997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Picked up one of my Unicorn cars - 2006 Ruf RT12S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 08:55 AM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Picked up one of my Unicorn cars - 2006 Ruf RT12S

We all have those cars that we seem to chase for years and it never seems to work out. I have tried to buy several Ruf cars over the last few years and it never seemed to come together. Life, other cars in the stable, or crazy drives always got in the way.

A couple of weeks ago I caught wind that this car was becoming available. It is a 2006 RT12, rwd, narrow body, tall gears, integrated roll cage, PCM, OZ wheels, hydraulic suspension, carbon ruf sport seats, carbon wicker bill spoiler, etc. The car was originally GT Silver over Cocoa but when it went back to Germany in 2011 for the RT12S updates (685 hp up from 650), it was repainted to matte black.

About 900 miles on it so far and the car is brilliant to drive. It is a perfectly different experience than my 6 Speed LP640. It is light, lively, and maneuverable. Both pull like crazy up top but the wedge aero of the Murci makes it feel a bit more planted. Looking forward to getting to know it a bit better.

More pics - http://edbolian.com/ed-bolian-2006-ruf-rt12s/

Old 01-12-2016, 09:00 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Nice!

Old 01-12-2016, 09:34 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
It's gorgeous. Congratulations!

Old 01-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Love the matte black and the way the front is done. Very nice!

Dzenno@PTF

Old 01-12-2016, 12:46 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
I actualy saw one of these at the local Porsche C&C this weekend.. white exterior as I recall.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:37 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Nice does it have a Ruf vin #

Old 01-12-2016, 02:50 PM
RON1X will become famous soon enoughRON1X will become famous soon enough
^according to the link, it does have a Ruf Vin.
Saw this on Instagram somewhere... just wow. Congrats! Didn't think I would love the matte black like I do.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:49 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Amazing car. Congratulations. I follow you on IG and saw some of the pics there. Hope to make it up to C&O sometime to see it.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:57 PM
Integral will become famous soon enough
great looking car! i'd like to see some shots of the integrated roll cage - if you can see it, that is.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:08 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Integral
great looking car! i'd like to see some shots of the integrated roll cage - if you can see it, that is.
Thank you. I will snap some the next chance I get. You can see one bar just behind the B pillar. The A & C pillars are extra thick to conceal it. Really cool design.

Originally Posted by HIX
Amazing car. Congratulations. I follow you on IG and saw some of the pics there. Hope to make it up to C&O sometime to see it.
That would be great. Come say hello if you make it.

Originally Posted by RON1X
^according to the link, it does have a Ruf Vin.
Saw this on Instagram somewhere... just wow. Congrats! Didn't think I would love the matte black like I do.
Yes. It does have a W09 Ruf VIN and I have a copy of the original Ruf MSO. Pretty cool stuff. The invoice for the car originally did not include any duties or shipping. Not sure what those would have run.

Originally Posted by twturbo
Nice does it have a Ruf vin #
Yes. The windshield one looks like it was printed on paper and stuck on there. The doorjamb sticker looks a bit more official.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:08 PM
Germcati is just really niceGermcati is just really niceGermcati is just really niceGermcati is just really niceGermcati is just really nice
Holy sht that front bumper! *drool*

Old 01-12-2016, 09:43 PM
kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !
love this

Old 01-12-2016, 10:34 PM
clsund will become famous soon enoughclsund will become famous soon enough
That is one SWEET car. Congrats.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:06 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Having been lucky enough to have the RT12 in Germany for a weekend, your car is totally badass. Keep the car forever. RUF makes some of the highest quality cars in the world. You should make the pilgrimage to Phaffenhausen to see magic being done.

Congratulations again!!!

Old 01-13-2016, 11:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
looks awesome

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked up one of my Unicorn cars - 2006 Ruf RT12S