997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

AMS Intercoolers Track Duty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 07:28 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Do you think that the 1st time you installed your AMS coolers with your stock VTG's, that you might of had a boost leak, hence the reason for your spool being slower?

Just can't think of your turbos spool being "noticeably" effected by larger intercoolers.

Again, just a thought.

Hey bobby,

It's not big single supra lag .... After installing the big intercoolers I did some runs against another 997tt from very low speeds offboost, the other car would spool just a fraction faster about half a car ..... And no I dont believe it was a boost leak ...

Got A28's on now and the spool is crazy, as soon as 2300/2400 rpm ...

Old 08-21-2016, 09:21 AM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
I'm very happy with my ams coolers...at the same time I have 2 situations that I can add to this thread....I've tracked my car on both stock and ams coolers and the difference was huge...at the same time...I'm going to say as a turbo car humidity and temp still affect the car...but it cools down if you lay off some throttle much much much faster....second...when I was tuning my car with Garth we wanted to see how much power was lost on hot lapping the Dyno so we pulled 3 straight back to back to back full pulls...and only lost about 15-17 hp...know some my think that's a lot...but in comparison to the new 991 turbo s that I've read can pull something like over 30 hp after only 2 pulls I feel the ams coolers are the best by far....as far as boost lost I didn't feel any lost of boost but I have a fbo car so max air is pumping threw...very happy with these coolers in being to disepate heat....

Old 08-21-2016, 08:15 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT.BRN
Hey bobby,

It's not big single supra lag .... After installing the big intercoolers I did some runs against another 997tt from very low speeds offboost, the other car would spool just a fraction faster about half a car ..... And no I dont believe it was a boost leak ...

Got A28's on now and the spool is crazy, as soon as 2300/2400 rpm ...
Your A28's should make a difference. Spool at 2300 would be great!

Old 08-21-2016, 08:16 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
I'm very happy with my ams coolers...at the same time I have 2 situations that I can add to this thread....I've tracked my car on both stock and ams coolers and the difference was huge...at the same time...I'm going to say as a turbo car humidity and temp still affect the car...but it cools down if you lay off some throttle much much much faster....second...when I was tuning my car with Garth we wanted to see how much power was lost on hot lapping the Dyno so we pulled 3 straight back to back to back full pulls...and only lost about 15-17 hp...know some my think that's a lot...but in comparison to the new 991 turbo s that I've read can pull something like over 30 hp after only 2 pulls I feel the ams coolers are the best by far....as far as boost lost I didn't feel any lost of boost but I have a fbo car so max air is pumping threw...very happy with these coolers in being to disepate heat....

Think i've made a decision on the AMS setup. Thanks for your input!

Old 08-22-2016, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Fabworx
Shoot me a text for these Intercoolers at the best pricing shipped
856-434-3623
Thanks Fabworx!

Sambott has earned my business as a well trusted 6speed sponsor. His customer satisfaction track record speaks for itself.

I paid a very competitive price and, service won me over without question.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:05 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
You bought AMS IC's from Sam? Thought he sells his own. Actually, it doesn't matter... who cares. lol

Old 08-23-2016, 08:30 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
I can get pretty much anything the customer needs thanks to good long-standing relationships. Also try to help make sure it's the right choice and although there are several really great options I think you can't go wrong with the AMS. I've done five 997.1's in the last couple of months and the IAT's are just rocksolid! Nice kit!

Appreciate you elite1! You and John are going to have a blast at the track. We want pictures!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 08-23-2016 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:06 AM
Shipment received, Thanks Sam!

Hope to pressure test and install soon!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160826_231858313_iOS.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	457487  
Old 08-29-2016, 09:20 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by elite1
Shipment received, Thanks Sam!

Hope to pressure test and install soon!
Looks great! Now get these puppies installed and break em in at the PCA Club race on the 10/11th.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:25 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Looks great! Now get these puppies installed and break em in at the PCA Club race on the 10/11th.
I heard about this...Go easy on him John!
have a blast guys!

Elite call me regarding someting about the install, unless they are in already

Old 08-29-2016, 09:32 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
have a blast guys!

Elite call me regarding someting about the install, unless they are in already
Elite's no slouch out there for sure and a lot of fun to run with. Fastest 997TT driver I know...

Old 08-29-2016, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
You bet! A good thermal shock should do it!

Old 08-29-2016, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by elite1
You bet! A good thermal shock should do it!
Cool. My plan is to run the 10/11th and then Miller the following week. Let me know if you want a hand with the install. I'm around all week.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
have a blast guys!

Elite call me regarding something about the install, unless they are in already
Hey Sam,

I shouldn't have an issue with the install but, thanks for being available if an issue arrises. Bummed out my wrist on the garage this weekend though. I hope to do it this weekend though. Anyhow, here's the floor.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160828_212215795_iOS.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	457770  
Old 08-29-2016, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor
Oh yeah. Sorry about your wrist. Like my buddy Dan used to say before a track day even after I had a little surgery…Just put some duct tape on it and get your *** out here! Floor lols cool. Like a slab

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMS Intercoolers Track Duty?