997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

French Lick 1/2 mile results - answered my own question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !

Old 10-23-2016, 09:56 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Paintballzen
E85 will save us all!

2nd that!!

Old 10-24-2016, 06:12 AM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
Are you guys not worried about the long term effects of E85? From what I gathered, it's an ethanol based fuel, correct? Long term, wouldn't it dry out fuel lines and other components of the fuel system? It's the only reason I have not tried it, these cars are starting to get up there in age and I do not want to create issues that could be avoided.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:56 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by THEWHEEL22
Are you guys not worried about the long term effects of E85? From what I gathered, it's an ethanol based fuel, correct? Long term, wouldn't it dry out fuel lines and other components of the fuel system? It's the only reason I have not tried it, these cars are starting to get up there in age and I do not want to create issues that could be avoided.
its easiy avoided by running a few tanks of 93 octane every month or so to lubricate the top end and fuel system.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:29 AM
Paintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of light

Im not going to be one of those guys who says there's zero risk of something happening long term but I have yet to meet anyone who's ever had any trouble. I personally know people who have run E85 for 4+ years with no issues at all.
If you search the forum as well as Rennlist, I think there's maybe only 1 post of anyone having issues.

Based on that info, I was willing to accept any potential consequences (which I perceived as very small) for the power benefits which are *substantial*.
People aren't lying about the power...it's ridiculous.

Like Krazy said...I just run pump about every third tank for peace of mind. I also use Lucas Oil ethanol treatment additive. Don't know if it helps but I figured why not.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:43 AM
Paintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

Also..looks like you're in Chicago based on your profile. I'm in Indianapolis so if you ever wanted to meet up I'd be happy to.
My car is very mild compared to most cars on here but it's a great example of what just a tune (with E85) and exhaust will do. For guys who run bone stock cars, this info might be beneficial.
Of course if you're running upgraded turbos and other things, then not so much. 😋

Old 10-24-2016, 09:34 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
+1 and I'll reiterate to run a tank of pump every once is a while to be safe

Old 10-25-2016, 12:18 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Paintballzen
Also..looks like you're in Chicago based on your profile. I'm in Indianapolis so if you ever wanted to meet up I'd be happy to.
My car is very mild compared to most cars on here but it's a great example of what just a tune (with E85) and exhaust will do. For guys who run bone stock cars, this info might be beneficial.
Of course if you're running upgraded turbos and other things, then not so much. 😋

If you're ever out this way and have the TT with you PM me for sure, I'd like to compare the E85 car to mine. I really don't drive mine much, I have put 2,435 miles on it in 4 years. Most miles to the track and around it many times. I did do the 1/2 mile shoot out when they had it in central illinois two years ago and I went 161.3 on 100 Octane on stock turbos.