Sponsored by:

VF-Engineering SC build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Delius@VF-Engineering
VF-Engineering SC build

Hello 6 Speed,
VF created the supercharger system in 2004 for EVOMS to market exclusively. Our contract with EVOMS came to an amicable end in May 08 and VF is now marketing the 996/997 supercharger kit directly and through the existing dealer network. This direct relationship ensures prompt and direct customer support from the very engineers that designed the kit at VF-Engineering in Anaheim, California.

The 996 and eventually the 997 kit was originally designed and released in 2004 with very conservatively tuned software and boost level. However with several hundred kits sold and a solid track record, our engineering dept have decided to re-label the kit as a "stage 1" and create a "stage 2" upgrade package.

The cars shown in this thread are a 2006-997-6spd and 2007-997S-6spd and both are here at our facility for the stage 2 final tuning and testing. Once these cars are released back to their lucky owners, the 997 and 997S stage2 kit information will be added to our website and the product released. You will be able to upgrade your existing VF kits to stage 2 for the upgrade price or you can supercharge your stock car with a complete stg1&2 combo kit.

Our R&D dept have 996's booked in for the same type of upgrades soon after the 997's leave!

We currently have two 997s in house. I would like to share some details with you on how we do the supercharger installation. Please note we take many OEM pieces and adapt them for use in our systems. We strive for a clean and seamless set up with an end goal of a close to factory look.

The first step is to disconnect the battery. Next we begin by, removing the front bumper and all the under belly plastic covering. Now for the tight areas, we add new water lines, water pump, and an intercooler to the car.

In the front, the water lines have been connected to the water pump and intercooler. The water lines have been fed through to the engine bay. During this time wiring has been run to connect the water pump to the battery. The picture below shows a disconnected and removed MAF sensor. The vacuum line has been pulled from the regulator, the airbox, and throttle body boot out of the bay completely.

We now remove the engine serpentine belt. Using a large wrench on the tensioner pulley bolt, turn it counterclockwise. Disconnect main vacuum line from across the bottom of the engine bay. The coolant bracket on the left side of the engine, and the smog pump on the right side too are disconnected.

After removing the heat shields from the valve covers to gain access to the coil pack connectors. Disconnect the coil pack connections. Then disconnect the intake air temperature sensor and the fuel injector connections. Replace the fuel injectors with new injectors supplied in the kit.

Remove the alternator (with pulley), throttle body, and oil fill tube to gain access to the rear crankcase ventilation tube fitting.

More to come....

Old 06-23-2008, 06:01 PM
mark911997sC is on a distinguished road
Hey Delius,
You know when my car will be ready? I haven't driven it for a while. Great write up so far too.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Delius@VF-Engineering
Mark,
I will check in with R&D. We are working hard on verifying your car for excellence.

Last edited by Delius@VF-Engineering; 06-23-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
What happened to the other thread?

Old 06-23-2008, 07:05 PM
RedlineMotorworks will become famous soon enoughRedlineMotorworks will become famous soon enough
Hello Delius!

Good to see you have the supercharger build up on the 6! I look forward to more updates.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Furyionx is on a distinguished road
hi delius
quick question ~~ i am planning to put a OEM GT3 rear wing on my C2S
the fan location is bit closer to left side compare to C2S hood or Aerokit wing
do you think the OEM GT3 hood will fit with your supercharger kit?

Old 06-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Delius@VF-Engineering
The other thread was deleted because of a typo in the title that was unable to be corrected. I am sad to have lost all of positive responses.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Delius@VF-Engineering
Andrew,
Thank you!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Delius@VF-Engineering
Furyionx

Yes, it will fit. I will show you some pics soon.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Delius@VF-Engineering
The other thread was deleted because of a typo in the title that was unable to be corrected. I am sad to have lost all of positive responses.
Really? Vbulletin software allows mods/admins to edit thread titles. That must have been one annoying typo. Either that, or there were things in the thread that a sponsor did not like.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Having ridden in a VF car and owning a TPC car, how would you compare the 2.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Delius@VF-Engineering
That is a good question! We never spend the time looking at other products on the market as our R&D dept create products based on their standard formulae.

However based on what I have seen, I know that we do not have to run a 7th injector or black box driver. Our callibration is performed by GIAC which we flash into the DME. I believe that our kits are sold through many OEM dealers for these reasons alone.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Very nice protected answer The additional injector is no flaw in the system. I will agree that the piggyback is not as nice as the ECU flash, but hey, I dont build them. What I wanted to hear from you is a comparison. Because as a manufacturer, I want to know my competition.

Vortex supercharger spools up like a turbo, so low end you dont get all the boost like the roots style supercharger correct?

Both systems use an air to water intercooler featuring the GT3 center radiator as the cooler with ducting correct?

So besides the ECU flash, when it comes to driveability, power and performance, how would you compare the two? Have you driven a TPC kit?

I am not stepping on your toes. Vivid Racing could sell the **** out of your kits. Just want customers to understand the differences.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:35 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
One of the biggest things I like about the VF Supercharger vs the TPC is how quiet the VF system is in operation. It is barely perceptible and offers the ability to sound pretty much stock. (Stealthy?) The TPC on the other hand sounds like a loud high pitched vacuum cleaner crating no doubt it is blown.
Although performance of the TPC is slightly better because it achieves a higher boost sooner there are some that question if that is harmful to the engine to have that spike. Not sure if that is a true worry or not. VF seems to believe the engine can handle more boost so only time will tell.
As for VF not spending time looking at the competition I would seriously doubt that.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:56 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VF-Engineering SC build