997 Vendor Classifieds
Sponsored by:

VF-Engineering SC build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 09:48 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah. He at least seems to have a plan. Doesn't just say, WE'RE GONNA CHANGE! WOO HOO!

Old 06-28-2008, 01:32 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nik@VF-Engineering
In case it was not clear, this build up is a 997 not 997S.

Our stg1 997S supercharged cars typically put down 425whp at 5.5psi which is 25whp more than our supercharged M3 on the same amount of boost with simial air/water aftercooling. This is all on 91 octane. (93 octane yields even greater numbers). We have been working on the 997S stg2 and that info will appear in a separate thread coming soon. Interestingly both cars are the same color.

Adding 5 more throttle bodies would certainly help if you want to compare the 911 motors to the M3-S54.

However our conservative approach is what stops us from going go for big power (100% increases). VF chooses a more conservative approach (no more than 40-50% power increases) as we sell hundreds of kits. Hence we need to remain reliable and keep our track record in tact!

If you are looking for big power, we feel for viability and reliability, one should move up to the factory turbo model. In any case, no matter how much power one has, there is always the desire for more!
You were clear, I brought the up the 997s. I believe the 997S kits forum members have are running 4.5 psi not 5.5 psi?

Why was the M3 platform easier to push the envelope with than the 996/997? Please don't say individual throttle bodies. You along with others offered stage 2+ kits pushing 500 rwhp pretty quickly on the E46 in comparison. Do you believe the 996/997 platforms have much more potential in them?

Yes, I know the turbo model is where you go for big power, irrelevant to the discussion of power potential with a supercharger on the Carrera and Carrera S platform. Always nice to hear go for a turbo for power, you just usually don't hear it from someone making superchargers for Porsches, kind of killing your market

Last edited by CURI0; 06-28-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:52 AM
Nik@VF-Engineering is infamous around these parts
Smile

Originally Posted by CURI0
You were clear, I brought the up the 997s. I believe the 997S kits forum members have are running 4.5 psi not 5.5 psi?

Why was the M3 platform easier to push the envelope with than the 996/997? Please don't say individual throttle bodies. You along with others offered stage 2+ kits pushing 500 rwhp pretty quickly on the E46 in comparison. Do you believe the 996/997 platforms have much more potential in them?

Yes, I know the turbo model is where you go for big power, irrelevant to the discussion of power potential with a supercharger on the Carrera and Carrera S platform. Always nice to hear go for a turbo for power, you just usually don't hear it from someone making superchargers for Porsches, kind of killing your market
I have offered several opinions but you are possibly spinning everything I say. I see where you are coming from.

I think this discussion is best left for another thread and I wll let Delius carry on with his build up!

Old 06-28-2008, 07:42 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Well done.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nik@VF-Engineering
I have offered several opinions but you are possibly spinning everything I say. I see where you are coming from.

I think this discussion is best left for another thread and I wll let Delius carry on with his build up!
I apologize for being curious and asking detailed questions. I suppose that is why the other thread vanished. Perhaps someone else from VF is better qualified to discuss the details without getting agitated and feeling others are "spinning" things?

Guess I am the only one who wants to see how far the 3.6/3.8 flat six supercharged development can go. The best point of reference is how far VF's E46 M3 systems have gone. Luckily there are people on the site who don't mind delving further into the supercharger issue in the 996 section. I suppose a VF-engineering SC thread is the wrong place to dicuss VF-engineering SC's. Oh, and I still think they are running 4.5 psi on the S, but you did not bother answering that.

Last edited by CURI0; 06-28-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Air23h20 is infamous around these parts
To All,
We all want to see how far the 3.6/3.8 flat six supercharger development goes. If we were not enthusiasts of this very over engineered car or curious of the unexplored power, very simply we "ALL" would not be here!

I respect everyone's arguments.

I don’t respect the animosity that is being created.

Please lets get back to the roots of this forum and this post. That is to, enjoy the marvels of German Engineering, allowing people to have opinions but most importantly to have fun.

Now, lets act like gentlemen whom are true and lucky enough to afford a piece of machinery that commands respect.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:19 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Air23h20
To All,
We all want to see how far the 3.6/3.8 flat six supercharger development goes. If we were not enthusiasts of this very over engineered car or curious of the unexplored power, very simply we "ALL" would not be here!

I respect everyone's arguments.

I don’t respect the animosity that is being created.

Please lets get back to the roots of this forum and this post. That is to, enjoy the marvels of German Engineering, allowing people to have opinions but most importantly to have fun.

Now, lets act like gentlemen whom are true and lucky enough to afford a piece of machinery that commands respect.
Bravo, well said.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by CURI0
I apologize for being curious and asking detailed questions. I suppose that is why the other thread vanished. Perhaps someone else from VF is better qualified to discuss the details without getting agitated and feeling others are "spinning" things?

Guess I am the only one who wants to see how far the 3.6/3.8 flat six supercharged development can go. The best point of reference is how far VF's E46 M3 systems have gone. Luckily there are people on the site who don't mind delving further into the supercharger issue in the 996 section. I suppose a VF-engineering SC thread is the wrong place to dicuss VF-engineering SC's. Oh, and I still think they are running 4.5 psi on the S, but you did not bother answering that.
CURI0,

I gotta say that I didn't piece it together that you were asking, "Nik, what is it in the M3 motor that allowed you guys, self-stated conservatives, to dig deeper into the horsepower bin faster?" In looking over your posts, I do see that that was your question, and you were giving all the reasons that that doesn't make sense to you right along with the question. I don't think you were spinning, but really thought that this dude was maybe holding out on you and wanted more info. I don't know, just trying to figure it out.

Like the man said, back to the issue for sure.

Wait, Nik, so how WOULD you answer that question? Is it JUST the throttle bodies?

Old 06-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by blakt out
CURI0,

I gotta say that I didn't piece it together that you were asking, "Nik, what is it in the M3 motor that allowed you guys, self-stated conservatives, to dig deeper into the horsepower bin faster?" In looking over your posts, I do see that that was your question, and you were giving all the reasons that that doesn't make sense to you right along with the question. I don't think you were spinning, but really thought that this dude was maybe holding out on you and wanted more info. I don't know, just trying to figure it out.

Like the man said, back to the issue for sure.

Wait, Nik, so how WOULD you answer that question? Is it JUST the throttle bodies?
Let me simplify, I think the 996/997 motors can put out much more than they are currently. Think about it, look at what the E46 M3 has done with a high compression, high rev motor in the forced induction scene. I think that limited aftermarket forced induction competition on the 996/997 platform has limited the potential as we are really limited to TPC and VF who have had the same basic kits on the market for what seems like forever now.

The latest innovation has been the announcement of this stage two, aka higher boost pulley.

I hope that was clear enough. I'm just an enthusiast who wants to know as much as I can, apparently VF was not prepared for that.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Yep. Me too. Full ditto on CURI0.

How much would a replacement engine be for a 997S? Anyone know? I would ASSUME it'd be less than the E46 motor. How can we find this out, as it should be a factor in how far those of us pushing the envelope are willing to offer our cars up to push it. I mean, if we converted to a dry sump system, would that help? Can the block not handle it?

Old 06-29-2008, 12:54 AM
SoCal955 is infamous around these parts
A little off topic, but for the VF guys; What was the reason for killing off the Cayenne SC kits? Because from the chatter on the forums, there appeared to be enough interest in it.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:22 AM
http://www.tpcracing.us/manuals/supe...arts_list.html

Go to the link. Who would put parts that look like this on their 100,000 Porsche? VF's kit looks menacing with the boot open, with the boot shut you could not even know it was there.
I deem their kit as HARD CORE to the trained eye. Well worth the investment and a piece of equipment that should leave every OEM dealership or tuner shop as a necessary product for the weekend warrior, track fox, trailer queen, or the guy/gal who has *****.

Last edited by Air23h20; 06-29-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Air23h20
http://www.tpcracing.us/manuals/supe...arts_list.html

Go to the link. Who would put parts that look like this on their 100,000 Porsche? VF's kit looks menacing with the boot open, with the boot shut you could not even know it was there.
I deem their kit as HARD CORE to the trained eye. Well worth the investment and a piece of equipment that should leave every OEM dealership or tuner shop as a necessary product for the weekend worrier, track fox, trailer queen, or the guy/gal who has *****.
I fully respectfully tell you that I don't understand. What will this link show us? It's for an air cooled car even. Secondly, you mention both kits and then say that you deem "their" kit as hard core to the trained eye. Which one, and is that good?

Lastly, I'm sure you meant warrior, not worrier, right? Big difference!

Old 06-29-2008, 11:37 AM
I just like how VF's kit is finished. It looks as if it should come with the car.

Air cooled or water the parts.....well you decide?

Thank you for the correction. I deleted a portion of my statement and failed to proof it. It was in regards to the worrier and their warranty.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Gotcha fully. Rock on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VF-Engineering SC build