997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 08:33 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Is this your next project?

TPC Turbo Install - Do it Yourself Style!
LOL.....I have talked to Casey numerous times about a few things......turbo being one of them!

My problem is I am soooo far into my MODIFIED FI system that it is hard to switch....
BUT I am still very interested in their RWHP numbers!

The thing about TPC IS they have been around a long time and are hands 'ON'...meaning they not only build the kit but also do the ecu tune in house.So,being they do their own tune,they may be able to do a little custom tune for someone who is like me and will ultimately push it a little harder.....

Let's just say I am a bit interested in how this ALL plays out.....
I may have to get that G-tech out to aznevoviii once his car is done!

Stacy

Old 11-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the kind words stacy... would post pics and video but unforunately pulling off parts isnt that exciting.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:28 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
thanks for the kind words stacy... would post pics and video but unforunately pulling off parts isnt that exciting.
Common Casey, make Stacy a great deal on a Turbo kit, get him to do a DIY Install. The PR will be great for this kit!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:58 AM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
interested i know how much this kit costs, specific power, whether it's available on a regular rwd car (can't imagine why it wouldn't be but you never know), and how long the engine will last once it's installed...

Old 11-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Stay tuned to this thread, we are testing on AWD and RWD at the same time. Here in the next month or so i will post up a writing by one of our Cayman turbo kit owners that just rounded off 50k miles on his car.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:46 AM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
Casey, this is a question for the X51 motors in some Carrera Ss - what would be the projected gains over a regular Carrera S's? Can your turbo kit be installed in such a car while taking advantage of its X51's higher performance?

Old 11-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor
We have turbo'd an x51 motor(albeit, installed in a cayman s) and we made 505rwhp @ 5psi.

the vid is within this link, towards the bottom.

http://www.tpcracing.net/videos/tpcracing-videos/

conservatively i would expect somewhere in the high 400s.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor
Like i said, relatively unexciting... but pictures none-the-less

Old 11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
I confirmed with Casey that I am dropping my car off tomorrow for them to strip my car!

I will have some base line dyno number and video / pictures by tomorrow afternoon.

I am so lucky that TPC is 15 min away from me!

Old 11-18-2009, 01:34 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
I confirmed with Casey that I am dropping my car off tomorrow for them to strip my car!

I will have some base line dyno number and video / pictures by tomorrow afternoon.

I am so lucky that TPC is 15 min away from me!
Yes you are!

Stacy

Old 11-18-2009, 01:42 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Great to see this kit is starting to come together.

I also talked with TPC about this a few months ago when I was thinking about going the VF route.

I will be very interested to see the results.

450-500rwhp will turn these cars into rocket ships.

Might be a little overwhelming on the track, however....

Jason

Old 11-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JEllis
Great to see this kit is starting to come together.

I also talked with TPC about this a few months ago when I was thinking about going the VF route.

I will be very interested to see the results.

450-500rwhp will turn these cars into rocket ships.

Might be a little overwhelming on the track, however....

Jason
Jason, you would be surprised, by the small amount of boost being run it really makes the car quite linear... a number of "track" accounts have been made of the cayman turbo system.

John is bringing his car in shortly for dyno runs of the car stock, well a muffler, but close to stock.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:47 AM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
Jason, you would be surprised, by the small amount of boost being run it really makes the car quite linear... a number of "track" accounts have been made of the cayman turbo system.

John is bringing his car in shortly for dyno runs of the car stock, well a muffler, but close to stock.
so you're saying you can make 450rwhp with just small boost? what kind of power could you make with moderate boost then?

What about on non "S" models.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:23 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute

Good news. Like I believe I told you and the TPC team before, I am quite interested but I would like to see some of the guinea pig results first.

Need to find an installer on the West Coast!

Jason

Old 11-19-2009, 02:36 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
I just got back from TPC,
I was amazed how fast they move and put it on dyno (30 min or less).

Since my car was AWD, they took the drive shaft off the car to make it RWD, and latch down + dyno run, it was so fast.

The car made 320 whp and 280 tq, which is pretty good for 3.8L motor I want to say.

Casey will upload pictures and videos tomorrow.

I was happy with my number, yet I will be more and more happy after I see this car making 450+ whp..

here are some crappy iPhone pictures.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p