997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How do you work the clutch when you shift gears?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 10:23 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by akacaj
Thanks for reviving an old thread. I have since done a few mods to my car. Painted blue, installed a hard top and turbo spoiler, DFI Engine with Twin Turbo, and a PDK transmission, natural leather interior and a few other things. The car has 500 horsepower now and I no longer have to worry about shifting gears. The only thing I have to worry about is finding an open road where I can test 0-60 in under 3 seconds.
too funny, congrads on the new car ( if I understand this thread).

I m upstate NY and would be glad to give you lessons on the new turbo .
Lots of open road too!!!

Old 06-07-2013, 12:40 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by akacaj
Thanks for reviving an old thread. I have since done a few mods to my car. Painted blue, installed a hard top and turbo spoiler, DFI Engine with Twin Turbo, and a PDK transmission, natural leather interior and a few other things. The car has 500 horsepower now and I no longer have to worry about shifting gears. The only thing I have to worry about is finding an open road where I can test 0-60 in under 3 seconds.
guess no more 1st-to-2nd-gear-shift worries now

ur turbo looks great ! nice color combo ! enjoy !

Old 06-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Arielao is on a distinguished road
In manual transmission there is even a point where you could shift gears without using the clutch. At that point is when the smoothest gear change happens and for me is more of a feeling than theory. I have found that changing lower gears after 4000 is better, the more you drive the better you will get. you will get and try to feel the car and connect all the variables. (somehow philosophical, only an opinion)