997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

V35: Road to SEMA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 08:04 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
V35: Road to SEMA

Hey 6speed,
My car is going to be featured at SEMA for a new website being launched next week. I've been very busy the last few weeks finishing this build up and I'm very excited to debut its new phase at SEMA. First and foremost i'd like to thank all my sponsors for helping me with this build. Without their help and support the car wouldn't be where it is today!

Bryan,Mike, and Anthony at RSS for hooking the car's handling up with their RSS Tarmac Stage 1 Kit that includes the 307 Dogbones http://www.rss.rpmware.com/rss/rss_a.../i-398274.aspx and the 312 toe steer kit http://www.rss.rpmware.com/rss/rss_a.../i-398286.aspx

Their toe steer kit and dogbones are an absolute must for anyone who is serious about driving. Their parts are notorious on the forums but this is my first experience driving a car set up correctly on these components and i'm a believer now. The car is predictable and as it's been said before, feels telepathic. As stereotypical as it sounds, it completely transformed how the car drove!

Ray at Rottec Carbon for getting me a set of the unreleased 997.1 LED DRL's to be debut'd to the public at SEMA. They are available for order now!
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-2011-oct.html

These LED's are amazing! I was actually impressed with them right when I installed them and turned them on. I don't get impressed easily with aftermarket parts but these LED's truly are quality. Install was extremely easy and straightforward and I ran into no issues at all. No error lights popped up either!

Jordan at Aasco Motorsports for their Lightweight Flywheel.

I love this piece. The car's low end really picked up and it revs so much more effortlessly. Feels like a ton of weight was removed from the drivetrain that made the car feel lethargic. It also made rev matching even easier. Best parts are that I feel are exaggerated on the forums is that it does NOT make the car any more difficult to drive. It does not make it easier to stall, and also the "noise" often associated with LWFW's is not loud at all. The only time I can really hear it is when the engine is lugged at low RPM's at a higher gear than I should be in. I matched up the LWFW with a SACHS Stage 2 sprung clutch and pressure plate.

BMC Air Filters for a set of their high flow filters for my X51 airbox

I've always been a fan of BMC on my stock airbox. The filters on my X51 airbox made the idle more steady, and also got rid of this weird hesitation my car was having when accelerating out of 1st gear after I installed the X51 intake.

Chris and the guys at EVOMSit for getting the car tuned with their software and really tying all the mods together.
http://evomsit.com/Porsche_MAIN.htm

Toyo Tires for a set of Proxes 1's

Meguiar's for getting the car show ready

Enough with the talk, on to the pictures!

Last edited by v35; 10-28-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:09 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Here are some nice pictures that really show off Rottec's new DRL's. My headlights are 6000K and they really match the LED's nicely.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:11 PM
v35
Also wanted to show off my new steering wheel I got from Ivan at DCT Motorsports. The whole process was effortless and really was a pleasure working with Ivan. The Alcantara is OEM quality and I was even able to order the exact shade of Alcantara I needed (9002). Everything about the wheel is bespoke. I ordered it with the extra thick side grips, 2x2 weave carbon fiber with a flat bottom. Also had a red time attack stripe added.

Last edited by v35; 10-28-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Really beautiful car. Those DRL's will announced and priced shortly?

Old 10-28-2011, 09:38 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
ONE of my favorite cars here........Congrats on the Sema show!

Stacy

Old 10-29-2011, 04:55 AM
Carlos Moreno is on a distinguished road
Nice car and those DRLs look great, ill be ordering those soon.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:16 AM
paddyh is on a distinguished road
I will be at SEMA - where is the car going to be located at the show?

Old 10-29-2011, 06:23 AM
alpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of light
Great looking car. Wish I could drive it.

Don't forget to provide the link to the new website when it's availalble.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:54 AM
LambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these parts
Wow! that car looks amazing....except for the stickers. I really like the wheels and the drop. Race car.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Ale_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud of
Nice car! Congrats!
Originally Posted by Verde
Those DRL's will announced and priced shortly?
+1

Old 10-29-2011, 12:22 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Nicely done! Love the Work Meisters. Very different and the look works (no pun intended). Just wish they made them in 19's without the exposed bolts.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Car looks great, glad we can be part of team!

Old 10-29-2011, 12:50 PM
SoCal955 is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to seeing it in person! Only a few days to go!!!

Old 10-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Looks great. Love the black dials, along with all the other jazz!

Old 10-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Wow Aaron, you have done it AGAIN! This round of mods was another giant leap forward for your amazing car. I'm always impressed with your taste, you seem to nail it perfectly each and every time you upgrade. I actually think the stickers look sharp, certainly appropriate for SEMA and gives some love to some awesome companies. I'm going to shoot you a PM to discuss some specific questions regarding a few of the mods, several of which I'm considering myself.....

Jay

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: V35: Road to SEMA