997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My brake calipers are not painted ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 02:01 PM
mclaren997 is on a distinguished road
My brake calipers are not painted ?

My 2012 997 brake calipers are not painted and just have a black strip with "Porsche" on it in white. I thought that Porsche calipers were red for regular brakes and yellow for ceramic. I noticed the black edition cars have calipers just like mine and they were making those when my car was built. Can anyone explain what Porsche's method is regarding the painting of brake calipers ? TIA

Old 11-22-2014, 02:15 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mclaren997
My 2012 997 brake calipers are not painted and just have a black strip with "Porsche" on it in white. I thought that Porsche calipers were red for regular brakes and yellow for ceramic. I noticed the black edition cars have calipers just like mine and they were making those when my car was built. Can anyone explain what Porsche's method is regarding the painting of brake calipers ? TIA
On the 997.1 red calipers were standard on the S models and Turbo Black was the OEM color otherwise. Not sure about 997.2.

Old 11-22-2014, 03:13 PM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
non S came with 4 pistons calipers (front/rear), Porsche has them in dull black color.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:56 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mclaren997
Looks like you have a base, non-S car. That's why the calipers are black.

Base cars = black calipers
S-cars = red calipers
Ceramic option = yellow

Old 11-24-2014, 12:50 AM
mclaren997 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sandwedge
Looks like you have a base, non-S car. That's why the calipers are black.

Base cars = black calipers
S-cars = red calipers
Ceramic option = yellow

Thanks, that is the answer I was looking for.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:34 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
You can always removed them and paint them purple or hot pink if you like.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:23 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ynot
You can always removed them and paint them purple or hot pink if you like.

I like the hot acid green a la the 918!