Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Damn parking curbs... Need assistance with front splitter and beyond

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 05:32 PM
K2snow is on a distinguished road
Damn parking curbs... Need assistance with front splitter and beyond

Alright, well a quick trip to the store for milk, yes ONLY milk, made for a very expensive trip after all.

I pulled up a little far and ran the splitter into a lovely parking block. If that is not bad enough, the metal is bent and now rubs over just about any speed bump or drastic angle.

So for you AM gods and goddesses, how bad is it and what is the best way to fix the issue, both DIY and service center solutions. I will try to post pics later on.

Thank you in advance.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:54 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Happened to me when I was still new with the car. Pull the metal undertray, hammer it back into shape, you're all set.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:25 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Yep - work it back in shape with a hard plastic mallet or medium weight hammer on some solid wood. You might want to explore getting a "skid" plate. Most lip protection plates use the factory holes thus might firm up your damaged area and offer some future protection. I've heard your story too often. A bad trip for a costly gallon of milk -- I can't remember when I last PULLED into a space. I make it a practice to always back in. Just in case I ever forget or get near a speed bump I did install a 5/16" plate made of composite.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:33 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
mine is epoxy red as are the engine and suspension struts...could not help myself my car underneath is a show piece ...
I curbed mine and removed it and redid it, curbing it brought me closer to the car
Next will be pulling the rear suspension and seracoating it, it is a master piece after all and needs to stand out, so look on the bright side? until you curbed it you never knew that piece of tin existed, best put it back looking the part

Old 12-24-2014, 06:23 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
Aside from ordering a new piece/s, any shop is going to do the same thing as mentioned. Pull the lower tray off and it is very maleable. You can form it back into shape. If a long section is bent up, take a couple of 2X4's and use them to straighten it back into shape. You can lay the aluminum between the wood and use the mallet or hammer to work it back into a straight piece.