Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

AUDI S7 Preview

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:32 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
here some snapshots of the A7 ( stock / without s-line trim) from the online premiere, for those who missed it:

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 07-26-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Geo3 is on a distinguished road
I like it !

Old 07-26-2010, 02:30 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
more pics:

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 07-26-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
more pics and information:

Aside from mentioning the standard bi-xenon headlights, optional LED headlights, standard LED tail lights, and "all-weather light function," we'll dispense with talk of the car's styling, as it's already become a matter of heated debate--some like it, some despise this whole new crop of "bubble butt" sedan/coupe vehicles, and others pick and choose their favorites.

As for the car's specs, as expected the A7 focuses on efficiency as much as power and sporty driving behavior. The S7 and RS7 will take car of the high-performance angle.

At launch, the car will be powered by four V-6 engines; two gasoline and two diesel--in Germany, anyway. U.S. versions haven't been released yet. The base engine is the 2.8 FSI, a 2.8-liter naturally-aspirated V-6 rated at 204 horsepower. Next up the gasoline food chain is the 3.0 TFSI, a super-charged V-6 rated at 300 horsepower and 324 pound-feet of torque. The 2.8 FSI engine gets the A7 to 62 mph in 8.3 seconds, while the 3.0 TFSI does it in just 5.6 seconds. Fuel efficiency is rated at 29.4 US mpg and 28.7 US mpg respectively.

The diesels are the real show, and unfortunately we may or may not get them here. Two versions of the 3.0 TDI engine will be available: one tuned for economy and one for more power. The economy model gets a stellar 44.38 US mpg--an astonishing figure for such a large car--from its 204-horsepower output. It still manages to beat the 2.8 FSI to 62 mph, too, taking just 8.1 seconds. The less-green 3.0 TDI rates 245 horsepower and a suitably torquey 331 pound-feet, while still managing 39.2 US mpg.

Both front- and all-wheel drive models will be available, with the front-drivers sending power through a standard multitronic automatic, and the quattro units routing power through a seven-speed S tronic automatic. The quattro system in the A7 features a crown-gear center differential and torque vectoring.

Audi has also focused on extensive use of aluminum in the car to cut weight by about 20 percent versus a standard all-steel car of the same size. The reduced weight improves not only efficiency, but also handling and performance. Doors, hood, roof, and fenders are all made of aluminum. Further efficiency gains are made with the use of electro-mechanical steering, the first Audi to use such a system.

The suspension also uses plenty of aluminum, with the control arms made from the light alloy to minimize unsprung weight and cooperate with the 18- to 20-inch wheels and standard "select dynamics" adjustable suspension or optional adaptive air suspension to deliver a comfortable yet entertaining ride.

On the tech-geek side, Audi adds a new touchpad input interface for the MMI infotainment system, plus Audi's first heads-up display (HUD). WLAN hotspot functionality, a Bose standard sound system (Bang & Olufsen upgrade available), Google services, and Bluetooth connectivity are also included or available. Optional ambient lighting ups the flair factor, while Audi describes the interior quality as "crafstman's level."

Safety gets a bit geeky in the A7 as well, with Audi's pre-sense collision prediction system available to help reduce the severity of crashes, plus active lane assist to keep the car from drifting when the driver is inattentive. Parking is made easier with park assist, and the navigation system ties into the headlights, transmission, automatic transmission and stop-start functionality to optimize fuel use and other factors.

The 2011 Audi A7 goes on sale in the U.S. later this year.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:47 PM
mov
mov will become famous soon enough
I think it looks really good, much better than I'd expect to be honest. I got a little nervous after all those spy photos, anyway I did a rendering of the A7 with an TT-RS front-end, it looks really angry! Man I want one of these! Would be a great dd to have in a garage with an R8 spyder!

Last edited by mov; 07-26-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:49 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Do I detect a little Panamera styling cues from the boys from Ingolstadt?

Old 07-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Do I detect a little Panamera styling cues from the boys from Ingolstadt?
Perhaps, but in the case of Audi, properly executed.

Now, about that RS7....

Old 07-26-2010, 07:36 PM
@ mov, ur renderings are simply terrific.

here is a nice video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSbu7skE3hA

Old 07-26-2010, 09:38 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Al Pettee
Perhaps, but in the case of Audi, properly executed.

Now, about that RS7....
You must be referring to another bad *** Audi that will never make its way stateside? I hope that's not the case but we're still waiting for the RS6 avant and RS3 to name but a few!

Old 07-27-2010, 05:52 AM
Geo3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by al pettee
perhaps, but in the case of audi, properly executed.

Now, about that rs7....
+1000

Old 07-27-2010, 07:28 AM
here is the german brochure with a few more pics:

http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/ngw/product/pdf/kataloge.Par.0069.File.pdf/a7sportback_katalog.pdf?frontend-debug=true

Old 07-27-2010, 10:33 AM
mov
@catchmyshadow hehe thanks, you're on WCF too right? I'm billionaire there. Thanks for the link to the brochure btw! Finally some pictures of the s-line kit, the front bumper looks a lot more sporty actually. With the standard front-end I would go without the foglights.

Last edited by mov; 07-27-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:04 AM
yeah u got me, car forums are my cup of tea
i think without the foglights it looks kind of naked, but maybe thatīs because u rarely see Audis without those.
I have to see it in person but i am really pleased the way it has turned out.
Can`t wait for the S and RS Versions.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:14 AM
mov
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
yeah u got me, car forums are my cup of tea
i think without the foglights it looks kind of naked, but maybe thatīs because u rarely see Audis without those.
I have to see it in person but i am really pleased the way it has turned out.
Can`t wait for the S and RS Versions.

Hehe thats nice! I enjoy car forums aswell! The S versions yes! I've been playing around in photoshop just as we speak! here you go;

Old 07-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Good Job mov, the RS-style Rims look a bit small, i would go for one of these:

i consider one in white or grey, like the one at the premiere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4TOc...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ8_E5KFrkg

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 07-27-2010 at 04:10 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AUDI S7 Preview