Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

AUDI S7 Preview

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 06:36 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
video on the Nürburgring with awesome sound:

http://video-player.edmunds.com/serv...id=85219960001

Old 05-14-2010, 06:50 AM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Audi needs to step up and produce a relevant "high" performance car other than the R8.............where are all the RS cars they promised?

The S7 looks nice, but it's still another mediocre S car
I see what you're saying, but I think what you should be saying is they need to bring a relevant high performance car to the US. As for your mediocre S comment, I know how bent out of shape people get when I say this, but the S5 has proved itself in straight line and handling to be slightly faster than a 335 usually, and the S4 has also proven it's worth. I stated this before, but two people I know ran from a 2nd gear roll S4 vs. e92. The S4 jumped him a bit, but the M3 only pulled a little over a car by around 135. The S4 had one passenger, while the M3 had none. I don't think they build mediocre S cars, but I do think they need to step their power game up, big time. Hell the S4 is putting down similar quarter times to your is-f with less power, smaller engine, and more weight. I wouldn't really call that mediocre...but what do I know considering I'm real biased

I'm not trying to fight either so don't take any of the comments above offensively.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:08 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
more test pictures:

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 05-18-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:04 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
So it's an extended S5 sportback...

cool

Old 05-19-2010, 03:34 AM
yes and no, cause the original Sportback Concept, which previewed the A7/S7 a few years back, influenced the A5 Sportback, that came out last year, not the other way around. But u are right, it is kind of a big brother to the A5/S5 Sportback and i think like the avant it won`t be the last Audi model with such a 4-door-hatch-coupe layout (next A3 series) cause the A5/S5 Sportback is pretty successful over here. Many customers choose it over the A4/S4 sedan/avant.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:43 AM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
Latest spy shot....

Old 05-19-2010, 11:19 AM
first interior pic. it´s from the test mule, without chrome, wood, colors and other detailing of the final product, but it gives a good overview:

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 05-19-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:05 PM
and another one:

Old 06-25-2010, 07:35 AM
new spy pics:

Old 06-28-2010, 04:32 PM
more, next to the new A8:

Old 07-09-2010, 06:40 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Al Pettee
I'll await the RS7, assuming it gets the V10TT from the RS6 plus a 6-speed manual tranny....
never happening Audi has forgotten some if its sporting roots because they dont offer manual transmission on most of their cars. The DSG is amazing but its not stick IMO.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:55 AM
NorCal510 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
Forgot: it is meant to compete against the e.g. Mercedes CLS, Panamera etc.
it is actually a large 4-door coupe with a hatch.
i was just thinking that... competition to the porsche. almost similar design in terms of the rear with the hatch looking like that.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:19 PM
bliggity will become famous soon enough
Need to see in person

Old 07-19-2010, 04:34 PM
6 days to go, Live launch on Audi tv on July the 26th:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY7UL...layer_embedded

Old 07-25-2010, 11:29 AM
and there it is, 1st photos of the A7 leaked ahead of the reveal tomorrow:

The first official images of the all new Audi A7 Sportback are making the internet rounds today ahead of the sport
saloon's debut on Monday. These photos prove that the production car has stayed remarkably true to the 2009
Detroit Show concept's appearance.
Most differences concern practical details such as the shape and size of the exterior mirrors, and the air-inlets on
the front bumper. The car also keeps the show car's five-door body style with a practical rear hatch, just under
5 metres long.
In a similar fashion, the styling of the interior is almost identical to the concept, sans the colors and the decorative
trim.
Mechanically, the A5 Sportback's big brother is heavily based on the next generation of the A6 and according to our
sources, at launch it will be offered with both diesel and gasoline V6 engines including the new 3.0-liter TSI unit with
some 290-horsepower. It goes without saying that the A7 Sportback will be available with Audi's Quattro all-wheel drive
system and S-tronic dual clutch transmissionS.
Expect to see performance-oriented S7 and RS7 variants, as well as a hybrid model being added to the range within
the next year or so.
The A7 Sportback will slot between the A6 and A8 executive saloons with its main competitors being the new Mercedes-
Benz CLS, the Porsche Panamera and the BMW 5-Series GT.

It also features a retractable rear wing:

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 07-25-2010 at 03:14 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AUDI S7 Preview