Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Cayman S for track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 03:33 PM
igdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud of
Cayman S for track

Wow. Haven't been on this site for a while since I sold my 997 turbo and 986 Boxster S.
First, I'm on a hunt for a Cayman S. If anyone has one for sale, I may be interested.
Second, proactively searching the modifications I'll need to safely track the Cayman.
What mods do you suggest, and places to buy them at great prices. I'm in N. Cali so I have Laguna Seca, Sonoma, Thill nearby.
I had a 986 Boxster S for track that was a money pit for 3 years.
Currently I'm tracking an Ap2 S2000 but wanting that extra torque the S2k is lacking.

1. Mods that are needed before tracking for engine longevity?

Mods on my list
Harness
Racing Seat
Removable steering wheel
Track tires
Short shifter

Thanks,

Old 09-04-2020, 09:37 AM
Lost.n.Space is an unknown quantity at this point
what generation Cayman are you looking for? I think the nessary mods for the track will differ depending on what cayman you get. The early 987.1 caymans need to have the oiling issues addressed from what i have read. It is recommended to upgrade to a Motorsports aos ( air oil separator) on the non dfi 2006-2008 caymans due to oil starvation on high g right hand turns. There are many ways to address this issue but they can be expensive. If it were me i would get a 987.2 dfi and not worry about it. good luck with your Croc hunting

Old 09-05-2020, 04:13 PM
igdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud ofigdawgi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Lost.n.Space
what generation Cayman are you looking for? I think the nessary mods for the track will differ depending on what cayman you get. The early 987.1 caymans need to have the oiling issues addressed from what i have read. It is recommended to upgrade to a Motorsports aos ( air oil separator) on the non dfi 2006-2008 caymans due to oil starvation on high g right hand turns. There are many ways to address this issue but they can be expensive. If it were me i would get a 987.2 dfi and not worry about it. good luck with your Croc hunting
After thorough research in on the hunt for a 2009+ S. Thanks for the comment as that helped with narrowing my search.

Old 09-11-2020, 11:52 PM
azndrgnkid is on a distinguished road
I have an 06 that has been well taken care of and low mileage. Been contemplating letting it go lately. If you're interested and change your mind on the year, feel free to let me know and I can share more info. To start the conversation - 06, black/terrcotta, ~ 23k miles, some modifications (rims, exhaust, intake, coilovers, audio/nav). Thanks!,