Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Porsche 996TT GT2 Conversion W/UMW Mods and so much more

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
SOLD - Porsche 996TT GT2 Conversion W/UMW Mods and so much more

Year: 2001
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $52000
Mileage: 31400
Color: Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): VA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

THIS CAR IS SOLD... MODS, Please delete...

This package has a deposit on it and is potentially sold as a complete package. No trackday parts will be available at this time.

2001 Porsche 911 Turbo Bassalt Black w/ Black leather/silver stitching and silver accents, PSM, power, heated, memory package. 31,400 miles

Interior additions:
Aluminum Turbo door Sills
Silver dash, door pulls, gauge suround, console, and horseshoe
Aluminum shifter and Ebrake, silver pedals
997 Short Shifter Kit
Virginia Legal Tint
iPod pigtail and Nano installed and included
Bose Premium Sound system, including CD shuffler
Two sets of floor mats (both Silver and Black)
Also includes pre-wired PASSPORT Radar UNIT and LoJACK receiver pre-wired
Two Sets of Keys
Owners Manuals
CD with Service Manual and Parts diagrams

Exterior Mods:
Porsche GT2 front end conversion, completely functional and visually correct
Porsche Rear wing and wiper delete
Poweder Coated Mesh screen installed in the center grill opening
Victor Equipment Lemans wheels in Silver lip/Black center
Sumitomo HTR III Tires 75-80% tread

Powertrain Mods:
Ultimate Motorwerx K16/24 Turbos
Ultimate Motorwerx Software (5 files) and Uploader
Ultimate Motorwerx Wastegate Springs (1.2 Bar)
Porsche 5 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator
Bailey Polished Diverter Valves
SAMCO Complete Hose kit
GT2 Intercoolers
Durametric Included
Speedtech Xcellerator 2.5inch exhaust system

Transaxle Mods (Completed Feb. 2010 and cost $11300)
997.1 Mainshaft/1/2 gears & Syncros
Steel 3/4/5 Syncros
PMNA 5th gear
All new bearings, pins, safetywired, properly built for no 2nd gear pop-out issues, ever. All new seals.
New Guards 60/40 LSD
PMNA 964RS LWFW
ClutchMasters/Sachs custom Clutch kit with Fibertuff Material
GT2 Clutch Hydraulic Conversion

Suspension Upgrades:
Bilstein PSS9s In Eurospec trim
Porsche GT3 Control arms front and rear (Extra shims for track and street adjustment)
ERP Inner front control arms with monoballs
Mode front upper mounts
RSS Adjustable Thrust Bushings
Agency Power Rear Bumpsteer and Toe links
H&R Adjustable Sway Bars
Tarred Rear End Links
TRG Front Curved End Links
Porsche 997TT Front Trans Mount

Brake Upgrades:
Porsche 997TT Front and Rear 350MM rotors
Porsche 996 GT3 6 piston calipers
Porsche 997 GT3 front brake ducts (I have extras I'll let go with the car)

I will also include the OEM Differential for the front drive, and will buy new axles and instal them at my expense if the owner prefers all-wheel drive. I will also include the stock OEM exhaust, as well as a stock painted (but slightly damaged) Turbo front bumper cover and Carbon chin splitter for the buyer.

In the interest of full disclosure, the damage to the stock bumper occured when the car rolled forward in my car trailer. This was after replacing a center radiator that a groundhog managed to kill without damaging the front bumper cover in summer of 2008... go figure.

I also have an extra MAFS sensor, new serpintine belt, and I'm sure a few other extras that will go with the car.

Track Day Package included in sale at $52,000 or to be parted out separately AFTER THE SALE OF THE CAR:
18X9 & 18X12 CCW C10s with NT01s in 315 and 255 sizes (8 heatcycles)
Coleman Racing 2 Piece Rotors including 3 sets of friction rings and hardware to bolt up
1 complete set of Pagid Black pads (front and rear)
1 complete set of Pagid Yellow pads (front and rear)
DaSport bolt in Rollbar
Brey Kraus harness hardware (for two seats) and extenguisher mount
Two Sparco Seat bases and one pair of seat sliders for custom seat mounting of 996 platform.

Mike

Attached Images     

Last edited by Mikelly; 10-08-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Savetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud of
Great looking car and I think the price is more than fair GLWS... If this had been for sale 4months ago I would have bought it

Old 09-13-2011, 08:09 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
please let me know if you ever decide to part out or sell the racing stuff.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:21 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Sad to see you leaving the Porsche world Mike, but I understand why. Someone will be getting a hell of a car.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:32 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Thanks John! Probably "not" leaving the Porsche community. I have a few things cooking.

Mike

Old 09-14-2011, 06:26 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
This is a well sorted car that is extremely well cared for and documented. Whoever buys this car is getting something special!

Old 09-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Bugeater is on a distinguished road
Hey Mike, what kinda times were you able to get around VIR fullcourse?

Old 09-14-2011, 05:06 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Mike why are you selling? this car is awesome folks and Mike is a great guy...very helpful, informative, and really great mechanically...has been someone whose posts and threads I've always looked forward to reading and learning from.

Gonna be sad to see her go Mike, she's such a well sorted very nicely built car...if I didn't have one already I would def get yours...

Old 09-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Bugeater, I never ran slicks on the car, but did manage some 2:05-2:07s short shifting the car on NT01s with it in all-wheel drive configuration.

In the right hands, this car is a 2:00 or quicker car... Matt Callahan or LVDell could really put school in session in this thing.

Mike

Originally Posted by Bugeater
Hey Mike, what kinda times were you able to get around VIR fullcourse?

Old 09-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks guys for the kind words!

Mike

Old 09-14-2011, 09:54 PM
02bpdz06 is on a distinguished road
Hey Mike very interested in your vehicle. Is it possible for you to pm me your email address or email me(csbct@yahoo.com) so I can inquire more about the vehicle? Thanks Chris.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Chris, you have email.

I'll return phone calls for others who have requested I call them, but will have to do so tomorrow. Supporting a customer this evening on-site and can't make personal calls.

Mike

Old 09-15-2011, 06:46 PM
So I went back thru my log book and figured out the approximate numbers of track time hours. The subject of my tracking of the car has come up with several people interested in the car and the "track day" count really is a "bad" indicator... For instance, If you go to a "track day" and run one session due to weather, or other reasons, you wouldn't consider it a "day at the track", right? I mean really, 30 minutes isn't a "day".

Most of the groups I run with do 20, 25, or 30 minute sessions for 3 or 4 sessions per day. Calculating the number of days I drove on track over the last 4.5 years (2009 and 2011 were zero track years for the car) I have a total of 19 hours the first year (2007), 20.5 hours in 2008, and 8.5 hours in 2010.

The oil in the car was changed after every 6th day on track, regardless of hours run. Same with the transaxle. Bottom line is short of being a shop supported car, this car has been better maintained than most. No expense was spared in keeping this car healthy!

Mike

Old 09-16-2011, 01:55 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I don't think buying a car that has been tracked is negative, in fact it's a positive so long as it's been taken care of as many, and especially Mike, have done. These cars are meant to be driven, they are built to drive...it's been shown that Porsches that are excercised regularly fair much better in the long run than those that sit around all day, for long periods of time...I would not hesitiate for second to buy Mike's car...it is very well sorted and you are buying from someone who knows these cars inside and out, does all his own work, and is extremely meticulous and caring about the car.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:24 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
These cars were made for the track and hard driving. If 1% of their life is spent out there, they will only be happier for it. Being concerned about that is ridiculous.

To all those looking and on the fence. I dont know Mikelly any more than I know the Dali Lama, but one thing I can say is that this car is better put together than 99.99% of those on the market and done right. The modifications would cost much more if you were to even do 1/2 of them. Jump on a deal like this and save a bundle of cash and get a car you will enjoy for many years to come

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche 996TT GT2 Conversion W/UMW Mods and so much more