Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2006 Cayenne Turbo - Immaculate Condition, Unique Color, Tasteful Mods, Quickest 955

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 08:55 AM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
2006 Cayenne Turbo - Immaculate Condition, Unique Color, Tasteful Mods, Quickest 955

Year: 2006
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayenne
Price: $29999
Mileage: 84582
Color: Carmon Red Metallic (Maroon)
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

I am listing my 2006 Cayenne Turbo which will soon be replaced by either a new GL63 AMG or a 958 Cayenne Turbo. I am the second owner of the car and have logged about 30,000 trouble-free miles in a little over 2 years. I purchased it from a local Mercedes Benz dealer and was told it was a one owner car whose female owner traded it in on a GL-series SUV. Again, as far as I know, it has been a Florida car its whole life. I fell in love with the color from the first photo I saw, and it looks even better in person. I think I have seen this color on 2 other Cayennes ever as opposed to always seeing white, silver and black. It is my wife's daily driver, and we generally take the Cayenne if we are driving together (she has never been a big fan of my Z06, old M3 or GTR). We have no kids, and I can count maybe a dozen times in over 2 years owning the car that someone has even sat in the back seat. It does have an aftermarket rear seat DVD player installed though I have never once turned it on.

Obviously, I am no professional photographer, but I did a quick detail of the car inside and out yesterday and took a bunch of photos with a point-and-shoot. I linked a few directly to this thread, but you can follow the link and view all in an album. As you can see, the car is in exceptional condition inside and out. The paint is very shiny with almost no swirls or imperfections. Billy from Presidential Detailing takes care of my cars once a year performing light paint correction as necessary, and I maintain the car otherwise with Griot's Garage and Zaino products.

Not only is the car beautiful cosmetically, but it has been meticulously maintained mechanically. Please contact Andrew the owner of Lutz Performance in Tampa with any questions regarding the car.

The car is also very quick and is the fastest 955 Cayenne on Dragtimes: http://www.dragtimes.com/Porsche-Cay...lip-22193.html This time was achieved before the methanol injection kit was installed and without the primary cats deleted. I believe that with favorable DA, the car will run a 12-second pass. The car really never stops pulling on the interstate. I typically will use the Tiptronic to click down to 5th (or perhaps 4th for even greater effect), lean into the throttle, and the car promptly builds boost and smoothly begins pulling until you tell it to stop.

Despite the car being an absolute animal when called upon, it is very tame otherwise and very daily driver friendly. My wife is not a "car person" and would not tolerate any kind of excess noise from the exhaust or any driveability compromises. This car drives very nicely, and as the weather is finally cooling down here in Florida, the car has responded even more beautifully as forced induction vehicles simply love the cooler, drier air. I have linked 3 videos below. One is a clip of everyday driving coming back from the grocery store last night. There is a very slight "growl" from the exhaust audible from inside the car, but otherwise, one would be hard pressed to know the car is modded unless told. That is, until you give it some "gas" and car simply goes. I attached a video of the car with the windows down where I turned right from a stop, rolled into the throttle and let off at the top of second around 60 mph. The car really sounds great with a nice growl and absolutely no drone. Finally, there is also a drive-away video from behind the car to hear the aggressive but reasonable exhaust note that others hear.

The car has a Champion Motorsports lowering module installed and setup where the current "low" setting is very close to the factory "loading" level. Even at "normal" level, the car looks aggressive and the wheel gap looks very balanced. All photos were taken at either the "low" setting or the "loading" level setting since it looks very aggressive at that height.

As you may notice in the gauge cluster photograph, the car does have a CEL simply because it has no cats. This does not affect performance in any way. Obviously, if you live in a state with emissions regulations, you would need to source factory primary cats; however, since the primary cat delete is becoming increasingly common now and affordable (the Leistung was not available when I purchased from SuperSprint), it would be simple to find a set of factory primary cats.

The methanol injection kit was installed by Julio Don the owner of AlkyControl who has sold thousands of methanol injection kits across the country. He is a personal friend and together we took great care with the installation. The kit can be run a 100% methanol if one chooses or at 50/50 mix. I have found it performs best with 100% for maximum cooling effect. It utilizes the factory windshield washer bottle for its reservoir and the factory low level sensor works to notify when it is low (both the bottle and sensor are new). The car has not been specifically tuned for the methanol and so no harm would be done if it were to run out. I have not had time to have a custom tune created just for the methanol, but I imagine significant power (at least 40 hp) would be added if the car were custom tuned to take advantage of the increased octane and cooler intake air temperatures. There is an LED that is visible from the drivers seat that illuminates when the meth begins spraying (red) and when it reaches full flow (green) as it has a progressive controller.

The car has a couple of scratches and chips that I have photographed. The largest one is on the passenger side rear quarter panel. It was there when I purchased the car. At first glance, it looks significant, but it is honestly hardly noticeable due to its location on the bend of the body. I work closely with body shops in my profession and never found it bothersome enough to repair. There are a few other minor scratches and chips which I photographed. There is a trim piece missing from the base of the center console in the back seat as well as the passenger side rear temperature adjustment (which is frankly unnecessary, IMO). Rear windows have factory tinting that is basically limo. Front windows have 15% tint.

I purchased beautiful Lloyd's Mats with Red "Turbo" embroidering. I also added a cargo bin that is useful for groceries and also folds out of the way for transporting larger items.

The car is equipped with Sport Techno 20" wheels in staggered 9"/10" widths. Each wheel was professional refinished by the best company in Tampa to repair very light curb rash, and as you can see from the photographs, they are all flawless. New center caps and valve stem covers were purchased as well. The car has newer (6 months old) Yokohama Parada Spec-X SUV tires in 265/50-20-XL and 295/45-20-XL fitment. These are taller than stock resulting in a superb ride, the best achieved from the 3 different sets of tires I have tried on the car to include Bridgestones and Nitto Invos. The speedometer now reads slightly slower than actual, but it only equates to a few mph at interstate speeds. There are absolutely no stability problems from the taller sidewalls. All positives, no negatives.

I recently added the Vertex Auto driveshaft brace for "insurance" though I have had no problems with the drivetrain.

Performance Modifications are as follows:
EVOMS ECT600 tune
EVOMS V-Flow intakes
IPD Plenum
APR R1 DVs referenced to manifold pressure with stiffest spring
SuperSprint primary cat delete pipes
Sharkwerks secondary cat delete pipes
AlkyControl methanol injection kit
Champion Motorsports lowering module

I would be happy to answer any further questions or provide additional photographs if needed. Given the excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition of the vehicle inside and out coupled with the tasteful, proven modifications to further enhance performance, I have priced the car accordingly. Of course, I am willing to entertain any and all offers. Title is in hand for a smooth sale. VIN is WP1AC29P66LA91319

Select photos below (for complete gallery, click here):

Name:  dbvETl.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  63.2 KB

Name:  0eMHGl.jpg
Size:  53.7 KB

Name:  5FB8Rl.jpg
Size:  64.8 KB

Name:  LeUVBl.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  65.8 KB

Name:  Mh1ZDl.jpg
Size:  46.2 KB

Last edited by PianoProdigy; 12-24-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Lower Price!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Silverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to allSilverturbo is a name known to all
hehe I always wondered what kind of toys I could get if I didn't have 4 kids beautiful Cayenne & good luck with the sale.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:21 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Silverturbo
hehe I always wondered what kind of toys I could get if I didn't have 4 kids beautiful Cayenne & good luck with the sale.
Plan is to keep toys and have kids. Ambitious, I know.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:01 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
the pepper looks great. Awesome write up too, sounds like you really did take care of it and love it very much. I happen to like the color as well.

Bump and best of luck with the sale!

Old 10-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by dinorocz
the pepper looks great. Awesome write up too, sounds like you really did take care of it and love it very much. I happen to like the color as well.

Bump and best of luck with the sale!
Thanks on all counts.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Sunday morning bump. Ultra-low humidity and highs in the 70s make for perfect driving weather here in Florida! To drive the GTR or the CTT? Decisions, decisions...

Old 10-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Price lowered! Let's move this!

Old 10-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
You COULD tow a trailer with the kids in it JK

GLWS! Great color

Old 11-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Small Shrimp
You COULD tow a trailer with the kids in it JK

GLWS! Great color
Tis true...lol.

Ironically, I saw another Carmon Red Metallic Cayenne today. I'll have to edit the listing to say "3 other Cayennes" ever.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Weekend bump

Old 11-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Has the coolant pipe and driveshaft been replaced/upgraded yet?

Old 11-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Christian
Has the coolant pipe and driveshaft been replaced/upgraded yet?
Driveshaft was inspected when Vertex brace installed and no issues found by Lutz Performance.

I would imagine coolant pipes were done by original owner. I have had no issue but cannot say for sure.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Huge price drop to $34,500! New 958 Cayenne Turbo is here!

Attachment 544395

Old 12-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Going up

Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Price drop to $33,900!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 Cayenne Turbo - Immaculate Condition, Unique Color, Tasteful Mods, Quickest 955