Model: Mustang
Price: $49750
Mileage: 480
Color: Pepper Grey
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MI
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I know, I know, this is not your typical listing on this site. However, I figured there may be other car nuts like me that like classic muscle in addition to new muscle...so here goes.

This is a complete rotisserie restored 1965 Ford Mustang - Shelby GT350 Tribute car.

The car has only 480 miles since completion. The underside and engine compartment were rhino lined / the engine compartment was color matched to the car. The paint on this car is amazing (3 coats of primer / 4 coats of clear / blocked / etc.) - pepper grey and the stripes are buried in the clear with smooth finish (cant feel the racing stripes and stripes will not peel). This is the color of Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds...I know it is not a '67 GT-500 like that car, but this gets unreal attention everywhere it goes regardless.

Powered by a 351 Windsor with a Hurst top load T10- 4 speed shifter (manual trans, manual steering, non-hydraulic clutch). Aluminum intake / converted from 2 - to - 4 barrel carb - Edelbrock carburetor 750. MSD - wont allow over-revving. New cam, lift, polish, etc. Manifold was from a Boss 302. No headers, but big port Boss exhaust intake manifold with 3 inch Magnaflow exhaust. Break-in Royal Purple used and Royal Purple fluids currently used. No fluid leaks. The power the engine is putting out is not documented, but probably near 400hp+/-.

Features a completely new interior including rally racing seats with 5 point racing harnesses and regular seat belts, headliner, custom gages, dash, carpet, sound proofing throughout, custom door panels, stainless pedals, fire extinguisher, and roll bar. Trunk is sound proofed, floor mats include layer of sound proofing.

Suspension: 5 link with coilover (adjustable) 9 inch rear end / suspension tork bars - none of the usual wheel hop given the converted suspension. Front Willow disk brakes with 4 piston calipers. 4.11 rear end.

Tires and Wheels: Front, 225/45RZ17. Back, 275/40ZR17 with Shelby color matched wheels with Shelby Cobra center caps. Wheels, tires, rotors are new (480 miles).

Air scoops for rear brakes are functional for drums.

Stereo is retro look but has iPod / auxiliary hookups. Front speakers work great, but no rears have been added yet - wires are run to the rear, but not yet added.

Instrument panel works (however - on dash water temp and oil pressure are not used given separate aux gauge cluster - better than in dash gauges).

New front glass / rear glass is original. All weatherstripping is new. Restoration completed in Washington state - always stored indoors in heated garage/heated floors. All work done by very experienced tech with 15 years of experience with body work, mechanical, muscle car builds. Started with an amazing body with no structural damage (no accidents).

Too much to list, tons of money invested. I have many more details / pictures / and video.

Known issues - small scratch where hood pin attaches from when hood pin was removed (has been touched up) / 1in scratch/nick within one of the ridges in side vent. The car is almost 50yrs old and although restored, is not a brad new car. To those who know classics, you know what you are getting...this is an amazing car.

Why put money into the stock market when you can put it into an asset you can enjoy?

Please contact me with questions. Please contact me to see video or more pictures. Thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	404298   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	404299   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	364.7 KB
ID:	404300   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	442.0 KB
ID:	404301   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	404302  

Old 10-08-2014, 01:45 AM
latamud is on a distinguished road
I hate to do this but you have several items in your listing that are misrepresented and I would hate for some unsuspecting buyer to find out the hard way. Although I imagine most on this site are smart enough to see what I see.

You are clearly showing Windsor heads in the engine compartment yet you claim to have a BOSS 302 intake. You can't have both. You need BOSS 302 or modded 351C heads to use a BOSS 302 intake on a Windsor engine. Even if you think you meant BOSS 302 "exhaust" manifolds, you would still need the proper heads. You are running stock cast iron exhaust manifolds that do not flow well. Those aren't even the HIPO 289 exhaust manifolds. You're probably running around 200 WHP with the exhaust manifolds choking out the 3" Magnaflow kit...and get choked down to 2-1/4 exhaust trumpets sticking out the rear valance panel.

The T-10 and the Toploader are different transmissions.

Rhino lining is typical to cover up major flaws.

"- none of the usual wheel hop given the converted suspension." So there's "unusual" wheel hop?

"Instrument panel works (however - on dash water temp and oil pressure are not used given separate aux gauge cluster - better than in dash gauges)."

So, you have a fancy $500 6 gauge dash kit but decided to NOT hook up the water temp and oil pressure gauges because the cheap under dash kit is "BETTER THAN IN DASH GAUGES."

"To those who know classics, you know what you are getting.... "

Thanks for clearing this up....

Originally Posted by SingleMalt
I know, I know, this is not your typical listing on this site. However, I figured there may be other car nuts like me that like classic muscle in addition to new muscle...so here goes.

This is a complete rotisserie restored 1965 Ford Mustang - Shelby GT350 Tribute car.

The car has only 480 miles since completion. The underside and engine compartment were rhino lined / the engine compartment was color matched to the car. The paint on this car is amazing (3 coats of primer / 4 coats of clear / blocked / etc.) - pepper grey and the stripes are buried in the clear with smooth finish (cant feel the racing stripes and stripes will not peel). This is the color of Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds...I know it is not a '67 GT-500 like that car, but this gets unreal attention everywhere it goes regardless.

Powered by a 351 Windsor with a Hurst top load T10- 4 speed shifter (manual trans, manual steering, non-hydraulic clutch). Aluminum intake / converted from 2 - to - 4 barrel carb - Edelbrock carburetor 750. MSD - wont allow over-revving. New cam, lift, polish, etc. Manifold was from a Boss 302. No headers, but big port Boss exhaust intake manifold with 3 inch Magnaflow exhaust. Break-in Royal Purple used and Royal Purple fluids currently used. No fluid leaks. The power the engine is putting out is not documented, but probably near 400hp+/-.

Features a completely new interior including rally racing seats with 5 point racing harnesses and regular seat belts, headliner, custom gages, dash, carpet, sound proofing throughout, custom door panels, stainless pedals, fire extinguisher, and roll bar. Trunk is sound proofed, floor mats include layer of sound proofing.

Suspension: 5 link with coilover (adjustable) 9 inch rear end / suspension tork bars - none of the usual wheel hop given the converted suspension. Front Willow disk brakes with 4 piston calipers. 4.11 rear end.

Tires and Wheels: Front, 225/45RZ17. Back, 275/40ZR17 with Shelby color matched wheels with Shelby Cobra center caps. Wheels, tires, rotors are new (480 miles).

Air scoops for rear brakes are functional for drums.

Stereo is retro look but has iPod / auxiliary hookups. Front speakers work great, but no rears have been added yet - wires are run to the rear, but not yet added.

Instrument panel works (however - on dash water temp and oil pressure are not used given separate aux gauge cluster - better than in dash gauges).

New front glass / rear glass is original. All weatherstripping is new. Restoration completed in Washington state - always stored indoors in heated garage/heated floors. All work done by very experienced tech with 15 years of experience with body work, mechanical, muscle car builds. Started with an amazing body with no structural damage (no accidents).

Too much to list, tons of money invested. I have many more details / pictures / and video.

Known issues - small scratch where hood pin attaches from when hood pin was removed (has been touched up) / 1in scratch/nick within one of the ridges in side vent. The car is almost 50yrs old and although restored, is not a brad new car. To those who know classics, you know what you are getting...this is an amazing car.

Why put money into the stock market when you can put it into an asset you can enjoy?

Please contact me with questions. Please contact me to see video or more pictures. Thanks for looking.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:05 AM
SingleMalt is on a distinguished road
Wow, embarrassing - obviously the forums have some serious knowledge. I was simply regurgitating what I was told about the car when I bought, so I need to go back to the drawing board an figure out what is what.

I was in no way trying to mislead anyone, but it would have been nice to receive a PM so I could correct first. Oh well, I will edit what I can.