Model: Nubira
Price: $53000
Mileage: 27400
Color: black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OR
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Well, even though i have only had the car for a few months, putting up for sale. i have made a deal on another car, so the Noble needs a new home. I have spent the entire 2 months of ownership fixing every problem on the car and getting the maintenance caught up, and returning it to a very sorted car. for those wanting to research the chassis, or myself and quality of work I do this is chassis number #51 and my screen name on every forum is "overzealous1".
for those not familiar with a noble, it is designed by lee noble (also designed the ultima gtr and others) in great britain, built in south africa, and imported into the u.s. with motor uninstalled. motor is installed once in the u.s. classifying it as a "kit car" or assembled vehicle. the performance numbers on the car are staggering at stock hp levels, and originally was dubbed "the f40 killer". now, with close to 150hp more, it truley is a super car killer. if it still isn't fast enough for you, the car is ready to be tuned up past 600hp if you think you can tame it at that level. car weighs in at 2350lbs and has a tube style racing chassis. by no means is this a kit car using donor components. it is it's own design and it's own vehicle. a quick search on youtube for videos or a simple google search on the car will let you know, this is a very serious performance car that really does leave most all supercars in the dust, especially on the track!
i have only driven the car roughly 30 miles since ownership with the following things completed-

-install beehive springs and titainium retainers
-clean underside of clams, suspension, (and nearly every part of the car that is visible with clams open), repainting of underside of clams, touching up frame dings in engine compartment, and washing entire under side of car. has not seen a drop of rain since.
- install a single din flip up screen kenwood deck with navigation in center dash. new dash trim piece covered in matching leather. new storage compartment built in old radio area wrapped in matching leather and grey suede inner liner. rca and trigger wire run to back of car for rear camera, no camera installed yet. ipod hookup and control via deck.
-new power outlet on passenger side and added 2 usb charger plugs.
-installed the plx500 unit for easy viewing by steering column.
-new royal purple gear oil in trans
-new synthetic engine oil (literally 30 miles on both)
-cut, realigned, and welded exhaust to not hit frame or motor and wrapped in black header wrap with stainless ties
-added turbo blankets
-fixed numerous intake leaks and checked nearly every bolt on motor and suspension for proper torque
-cleaned carpets and mats, and reconditioned seats and all leather numerous times. once again pliable and supple.
-made and installed front splitter, side splitters, and rear winglets. all are 1/4" abs then wrapped in 3d carbon fiber.
-repainted both sides of rear diffuser
-added vinyl stripes (i can easily remove them if not wanted, or, redo in different color if buyer chooses)
-replaced all bulbs, burned out or not
-replaced trans reverse switch
-new power steering pump and output line
-repainted inner sheetmetal surrounding rear suspension
-new alignment
-rebuffed and waxed it (many times actually, haha)
-new front brake hoses
-new intake hoses
-vacuumed out all the dam gravel from front belly pan
-adjusted e-brake

all of this work was performed before i even drove the car one time, so you can guess i am pretty dam meticulous and want the car working in top shape! 30 miles or less on all of this work. zero miles on the new springs which were $1600 in parts alone! car is leak free.

now, the list of mods done prior to my purchase-

-m400 turbos (gt28's). water cooled
-it is running a motec m84 ecu and custom harness made by john reed, one of the worlds best motec tuners! read up on the motec m84 to see all of the available options and tuning capabilities including traction control. previous owner to me had it installed and am looking at a receipt that he paid $5,920 for the unit, custom harness, and sensors. it runs a motec 3.5 bar sensor, motec wideband sensor, motec intake air temp sensor, and aem boost solenoid. as far as i know (and turbohoses knows) this is the only noble running a motec. cold start and drivability are flawless.
WITH THE INSTALLATION OF THE BEEHIVE SPRINGS AND TITAINIUM RETAINERS IT CAN NOW BE TURNED UP TO 600HP+!!
-new long block installed by previous owner. do not know mileage on the new motor, but guess it to be minimal based on hardly any carbon build up on pistons.
-both rear axles replaced with hd pieces
-car was at one point corner weighted by gmg, cannot guarantee it is still exact.
-sard fuel pressure regulator
-race precision inc custom turbo back exhaust with burns stainless mufflers
-rpi intercooler kit
-rpi engine oil cooler
-rpi fuel pump relay kit
-momo steering wheel (still have original also)

gauges-
-sp engineering intake temp gauge. one sensor before intercooler, one after. gauge also shows differential temp.
-aem wideband
-defi fuel pressure gauge
-plx500 wideband. can also show egt, but no sensors installed. also shows g-force and other options
-m400 dual oil pressure and oil temp gauge

wheels are stock with toyo r888 in 225/18 and 265/18 sizes. nearly new and never even been heat cycled. color is bmw diamond black. i touched up all rock chips and it polished out very well. i would give it a 9-9.5 exterior. 9-9.5 interior. clear on wing is a little cloudy over the carbon fiber, but easy fix.
every single receipt since purchase has been filed by previous owners. car was purchased and sent to florida. then went to california. then came to oregon where i am the second oregonian owner. it has current tags (12/16) and license in oregon. car also comes with all original build manuals, sales brochure, and other collections of news articles and magazine tests.
car has had gold heat reflective material applied in various spots. nearly every line in the engine compartment and the tunnel has the orange silicone lined heat insulation on it. coolant lines have also been insulated in the tunnel, with ends blocked off and front air hose going into front of tunnel. inspection plates for tunnel are also louvered.

so now, the brass tacks! how much? well, the only reason i am selling is due to finally making a deal on an rcr sl-c that i have been trying to purchase for about a year. if not for this one single deal, i would surely be keeping the noble as i obviously did all the work to make it a great car for myself. car has 27k on the odometer, but much lower on the new long block.
the price is $53,000.

if you add up all the labor and parts ADDED to the car, it will come pretty close to the asking price by itself. vin is fla58608.

scott 503-504-1037

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-02-14 10.22.51.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	416566   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-01-09 18.43.51.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	416567   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-01-18 18.16.19.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	416568   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-01-09 18.59.58.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	416569   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-01-09 18.58.34.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	416570  

Last edited by overzealous1; 04-03-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:30 AM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
great alternative or better than the new Cayman GT 4 or GT 3 imo, glws OP

Old 03-18-2015, 07:58 AM
overzealous1 is on a distinguished road
i have only seen one car test where it took second around a track, and it was to a caterham 500 and the margin was very small. the noble still took the top award though as the car to buy.
it could be a daily driver as it is very easy to drive and clutch slip is that of a regular production car. steering, well that will take a little practice. it goes exactly where you point it at the exact moment you point it there! haha.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:49 AM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
sent you a PM hopefully we can make a deal and take her home to NJ the home of thunderbolt and lightning in Milville

Old 03-20-2015, 03:27 PM
4 days left on ebay! if anyone needs more pics or specific ones, let me know.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:46 PM
LopeyIdle is on a distinguished road
I wish I was in the States right now, I have been wanting a Noble ever since I had seen it on Top Gears years ago. Alas you will probably have sold it by June. Beautiful car, and from what I saw on your build thread on the noble forums a well sorted car. GLWS

Old 03-22-2015, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by LopeyIdle
I wish I was in the States right now, I have been wanting a Noble ever since I had seen it on Top Gears years ago. Alas you will probably have sold it by June. Beautiful car, and from what I saw on your build thread on the noble forums a well sorted car. GLWS
thanks. ya, priced it pretty low to sell quick. i saw the m12 in person back in 2004 and fell in love with it. after finally driving one, especially a modified one, the best way to describe it is a gokart and a dragster had sex and this was the offspring!

Old 03-22-2015, 09:33 AM
a few better engine pics and one from when i was doing the aftermarket beehive spring and titainium retainer install (zero miles on them). it looks like a new motor inside.

Name:  20150321_134638_zpszir1wh3o.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  2.83 MB

Name:  20150321_134601_zpsaf6hm4gn.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  2.85 MB

Name:  20150320_145842_zpsijmcvc0i.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  2.48 MB

Name:  20150322_080629_zpsko1bctkn.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  2.74 MB

Old 03-24-2015, 10:30 AM
gnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura about
I have always had a soft spot for these cars! Great color combo and nice upgrades.

GLWS!

Old 03-24-2015, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by gnx7
I have always had a soft spot for these cars! Great color combo and nice upgrades.

GLWS!
thank you. looks like you have a couple nice rx-7's! i also have a soft spot for those.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:44 PM
tons of interest and questions, nothing set in stone yet. not going to find a noble this sorted and this modded for this price.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:01 PM
juniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud of
Always loved these as well. Too bad your numbers weren't flipped ($25k cash, $30k trade) b/c I'd have a decision to make!

Very nice ride. GLWS!

Old 04-03-2015, 08:05 PM
pretty much came to the conclusion trades might be a bad idea for me. already storing cars in other places to make room. lol. unless, it was REALLY worth my while.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:15 AM
juniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud ofjuniorbean has much to be proud of
^ Understood. My wife gets so mad at me b/c I am constantly trading and making deals (not just on cars, but in general ). But sometimes it's just easier. lol.

It's nothing fancy, just a 996 Porsche Cabrio. I love it but have been going back and forth between having a weekend car or a track type car. I work from home and don't drive much so started to think a car more like a Noble or other track type vehicle (that can also be streeted) may make more sense than another weekend car sitting in the garage.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:30 AM
well, i was pleasantly surprised when i drove the noble. the clutch has a good amount of slip and really is about as difficult as a honda civic. power steering also. heater works good (havn't really tested a/c yet since i have only owned during winter months). i wanted to add the flip up screen with navi to give it a little more useability and be able to do back up cam.
really, the car could be driven every day even in the rain. with being only 3.0, the low speed drivability is very easy. but, you get on a track, and it surely doesn't act like any other street car! lol. i know alot of guys in the uk use them as their daily drivers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005 Noble M12 GTO 3R #51 for sale