Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Wipers Stopped Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 03:21 AM
Tintin is on a distinguished road
Wipers Stopped Working

Hello all

Yesterday I wanted to clean my windscreen so, foolishly, I thought I would try and figure out the 'Wiper Maintenance Mode' for the wipers. I pressed the Starter button without my foot on the brake, went into the Setup > Other > and pressed the 'Wiper Maintenance Mode' button. Nothing happened (which may be quite correct). After much trying things out of which I can't exactly remember the wipers suddenly went into the upright position and I cleaned the screen.

I think I then pressed the Starter button and the wipers retracted. Now the wipers will not operate normally at all!

Does anyone have any advice as to what I should check or try to resurrect my wipers please.

Regards

Chris

Old 09-05-2013, 06:22 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
put your key in ignition and cycle key ,start car using key in switch box and see what happens. do not do it keyless.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Hello Bentleytech

I have just tried using the key both with the ignition on and the engine running but the wipers still refuse to move!

Is there a fuse I can check?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the 'Replace Wipers' button works?

Thanks

Old 09-05-2013, 10:09 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
ok,sit in car and start engine,on the infotainment screen ,press service functions and then should be a screen for wiper change,maybe a scren later but it is pretty simple to navigate through. wipers should go to the centre of screen and then press button for them to return to normal and then see if wiper switch works.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Hello BentleyTech

I followed your advice this morning and, as you suggested, the wipers moved to their 'replace' position. I pressed the button again and they returned and the wipers now appear to be working. Fantastic.

Thanks.

Old 01-26-2023, 02:00 PM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
Hi guys,
i found in the infotaiment system the wipers mtce mode, i clicked it, but nothing happened...
the procedure requires any additional steps? prior, post switching on the wipers mtce???

Old 02-19-2023, 10:23 AM
richard181 will become famous soon enough
My wipers stopped working as well. 2012 CGT. I
tried the mtce mode and nothing. All fuses are checked and ok. No codes show wiper malfunction.

Anything to do before i have to go to stealership?