Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Covered Auto transport vs open air four our cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Enterpriser will become famous soon enough
Covered Auto transport vs open air four our cars?

Was curious if you guys if and when need to Haul the Bentley have had it transported in an open air hauler or if you chose an enclosed option. I have heard pros and cons from both sides and wondering what you guys feel. Thanks.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Enterpriser will become famous soon enough
Sorry, for a long multi state haul in my case I should add.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:17 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
I shipped my Bentley from Florida to Canada and spent quite a bit of time trying to decide open vs. closed. Finally, elected to ship closed via TFX and am really glad I did. The car arrived in perfect condition. A friend of mine shipped a similar distance with an open carrier and suffered minor cosmetic damage that happened during a stop-over with the shipping company.

Last edited by PMS; 11-12-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: correction
Old 11-12-2013, 05:18 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Personally, I would only ship closed with a brand carrier. I am not thrilled how the open carriers, including some of the drivers treat their cars. If you were shipping an Impala, I may say open is OK.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:41 AM
smgco is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Enterpriser
Was curious if you guys if and when need to Haul the Bentley have had it transported in an open air hauler or if you chose an enclosed option. I have heard pros and cons from both sides and wondering what you guys feel. Thanks.
Enclosed is the only way to go for nice car long distance. Otherwise you are asking for it to be sandblasted etc . Furthermore, always try to get the car in the nose of the trailer so the driver does have to unload and reload your car at every stop before your cars destination. Last, always check and note ( on the bill of lading ) all existing nicks, scratches and the odometer mileage.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Horatio Caine is just really niceHoratio Caine is just really niceHoratio Caine is just really niceHoratio Caine is just really nice
The norm is if the vehicle is $50K + invaluable then to run enclosed. If you need help shipping let me know I can get it done for you.