Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

It's Been Fun, Yet Traded the GTC For A BMW 435i 'M-Spec'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 01:57 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
It's Been Fun, Yet Traded the GTC For A BMW 435i 'M-Spec'

Hi Everyone,

It's been fun, and painful, yet two Bentley cars over the past 7 or so years and it's time for me to bid you all a friendly farewell. Just traded the 07 GTC for a BMW 435i with every M-spec option and Dinan Stage 2 package. Fast, fun to toss into the corner and very responsive.

If you need the original Dice basic unit for USB/3.5mm headphone jack audio input, Bluetooth Dice or the Bentley factory iPod option (white ended cord) i have them.

You guys 'n' gals have been great and keep on helping one another as 6Speed's Bentley board is great a support forum.

Wishing you and yours a truly epic time driving and keep the shiny side up

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 02-16-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:22 PM
seven11 will become famous soon enough
Give it a month or 2 and you will be wanting the Bentley back.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:12 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Hi Everyone,

It's been fun, and painful, yet two Bentley cars over the past 7 or so years and it's time for me to bid you all a friendly farewell. Just traded the 07 GTC for a BMW 435i with every M-spec option and Dinan Stage 2 package. Fast, fun to toss into the corner and very responsive.

If you need the original Dice basic unit for USB/3.5mm headphone jack audio input, Bluetooth Dice or the Bentley factory iPod option (white ended cord) i have them.

You guys 'n' gals have been great and keep on helping one another as 6Speed's Bentley board is great a support forum.

thanks for all the help and advices and have a great time with your new BMW!

Old 02-16-2017, 10:58 PM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
Hi Everyone,

Sorry to hear you are leaving. You have been a fantastic source of information and great sounding board. You will truly be missed.

Thanks for your support.
Ron 2008 GT Speed

Old 02-17-2017, 12:14 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks everyone, it's been an interesting journey. Am glad that some of my knowledge / experience about the Bentley cars helped others here. Decided that 2017 is going to be a highly positive year. Thus am seeking to increase my joys in life, which meant it was obviously time to find a car / manufacturer i have more faith in. Minimize 'outlandish' costs while maximizing life's fun

seven11, when selling the Ferrari years ago there wasn't a single moment of remorse, with that car doing about 45+ track days a year. It's just a car, and there are so many great choices for a variety of fun.

Of course in the end what really matters is that we all... enjoy the drive.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:12 AM
seven11 will become famous soon enough
seven11, when selling the Ferrari years ago there wasn't a single moment of remorse, with that car doing about 45+ track days a year. It's just a car, and there are so many great choices for a variety of fun.

Of course in the end what really matters is that we all... enjoy the drive.
enjoy the new car!

Old 02-17-2017, 02:00 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
'Bonne chance' as the French say.
Enjoy your new Beemer Steven and always look on the bright side.

Les.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:51 PM
JimBT is on a distinguished road
When the new Continental is out later this year you may change your mind! Till then happy motoring...

Old 02-17-2017, 08:53 PM
Many thanks Jim.

~~ WARNING: Some Boring Stuff Below ~~

It's kinda interesting as was chatting with my lovely wife about her and my car history today. For me, first was big American in my teens, then did the ricer thing in my 20s, then Italian during my 30's, then big truck for off-road fun and towing (plus the Formula 2000 SCCA-spec open wheel full aero race car/enclosed trailer combo), followed by British GTs in my 40's. Now it's time for trying some German fun.

The 435i has every M performance option on the build sheet and all the other top options too (options pretty much maxed out). Great engine and easy to tune too with an impressive amount of data for tweaking and tuning as you so desire. Sure it's not a high lux car hand sewn by kindly British craftspeople, and it's no Ferrari either, yet for me right now it feels right in a 'balanced' way considering the roadways in my (relatively new) current location and occasional usage.

Yes indeed, let's hope the new Bentley meets the desire of their clients. Raising product reliability would be a plus, increase the warranty and include free servicing for the first three or four years too. Many companies now do that and Bentley has been lagging a bit behind on that. This may greatly help with resale pricing and add a bit of confidence for perspective Bentley clients.

Enjoy the Drive

Old 02-18-2017, 10:48 AM
JimBT is on a distinguished road
In South Africa the cars have a 3 year Factory Warranty and a 3 year Service Plan included in the deal. Same as my Lambo, and my Audi. A 1 year extension of my Lambo Warranty and Service plan for a year is $6.0k Bentley is around the same, but i won't need the extension until 2019...

Old 02-18-2017, 11:33 AM
Thanks Jim, that's good to know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.