RIV letter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Katmanz is on a distinguished road
RIV letter

was browsing kijiji... I don't know these guys and have never used them, but it may be worth looking into for those bringing cars in from US

recall@ pariseau-importations.com

If anyone checks them let us know

Last edited by Katmanz; 11-19-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:19 AM
biobanker is on a distinguished road
Why would you pay for that letter?

All you need is a screen print of the duty order for the car saying no recalls outstanding.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:02 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
this letter is required and the only way to get it is from porsche.

i dont think a screen print is acceptable.

dealer pays porsche NA for this letter. thus the fee.

it's the same for lambo.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:08 PM
biobanker is on a distinguished road
Well, in August RIV told me exactly what to get. They said get a print out of the job duty showing no recalls are outstanding. I phoned a Porsche dealer and they said "no problem". They faxed it to me. I faxed it to RIV and they accepted and approved it a week before I imported my Pcar.

My car was plated with permanent plates within 4 hours of crossing the border, which is 2 hours from my house.

Why would you pay for that letter?

Of course when I called and asked Porsche what I would need, it was a major process. They gave me the story that was given to them, which is the same story that they gave you: that the letter has to come from Porsche NA and that there is a charge for that. Not true. It doesnt have to come from Porsche NA. All you need is a screen print out from ANY dealer showing no recalls. They are probably also saying that you need $350 day time running lights and that you need to bring your car to them for that as well. Also not true. Theres a $15 solution that takes 5 seconds to install (in a 996). Porsche never saw my car and I saved hundreds and had an easier time importing because its easier to do yourself. Porsche told me that the letter was only available within their importation package and that the lights and some other things were in that too -so if I wanted the letter, I needed to get everything from them. CROOKS.

Last edited by biobanker; 11-25-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Katmanz is on a distinguished road
Good to know

Old 02-06-2012, 02:12 PM
VanessaDF88 is infamous around these parts
One of my co-workers used Unity Auto in uptown Toronto to get the Porsche recall letter.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 AM
iceman153 is on a distinguished road
Actually the Recall Letter is easiest to get in the states, all dealers in canada will try and con you into paying them more. If you don't buy from a porsche dealer just swing by one on the way to the border. I'm on the west coast the the porsche dealer in bellingham charged me $30 to get that printout.

and as biobanker said, the daytime running lights is a simple wiring mod in your fuse box for a 996. Beyond that as long as you don't have tint on the windows and your brakes/lights/tires are all good you can easily get the whole thing wrapped up in a couple hours (pay tax, pay RIV, do federal/provincial inspections, pay more tax, get insurance, done). definately nothing to be scared of.