Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.
View Poll Results: WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A S/C KIT FOR YOUR NA V8 CAYENNE?
YES
82.22%
NO
17.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

NA V8 Cayenne Supercharger KIT - YES or NOT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 05:29 PM
dajadeturtle is on a distinguished road
I remember the VF testing mentioned on their site about a 12-18months ago but they never released anything. I would have taken the plunge.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:01 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
I think a S/C is a good option for those of who already has a V6 or a S/GTS and not willing to sell them (depreciation loss) and regretting the decision of not buying the CTT or CTTS

Old 11-11-2008, 04:32 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by canberk
I think a S/C is a good option for those of who already has a V6 or a S/GTS and not willing to sell them (depreciation loss) and regretting the decision of not buying the CTT or CTTS

I agree, but why would a shop devote time and R&D money to developing a kit that will only sell in very limited numbers? They're much better off spending the money to develop kits for higher volume cars... I know, I know, I'm such a buzz-kill.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:23 AM
stealthTT will become famous soon enoughstealthTT will become famous soon enough
why the Carerra NA engines have this available when you can jump on a Turbo model as well? when it's available and there will be a proof that it actually works it will sell, actually there are some P dealers that will install them also, like they do for the Carerra.
Consider the fact there are MANY, MANY Cayenne owners that dont post here or somewhere else BUT they do buy TechArts for their Prosches, or Rinnspeed, Gemballa. For instance, here where I live, I have seen Cayenne's with kits from Gemballa, Rinnspeed, and the almighty MAGNUM from Techart - None of them POST here, or somewhere else, and I have seen also the Magnum on a CS- dont think that this guy will not buy a S/C for his car if you look just how expensive is the bodykit - the thing is that I do believe that these kits will sell,probably will not be the best seller, but it will sell.
dont understand why someone(a shop) cant invest in this, like every other bussines this one has to have risks, otherwise where is the fun?

Old 11-13-2008, 08:11 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stealthTT
why the Carerra NA engines have this available when you can jump on a Turbo model as well? when it's available and there will be a proof that it actually works it will sell, actually there are some P dealers that will install them also, like they do for the Carerra.
Consider the fact there are MANY, MANY Cayenne owners that dont post here or somewhere else BUT they do buy TechArts for their Prosches, or Rinnspeed, Gemballa. For instance, here where I live, I have seen Cayenne's with kits from Gemballa, Rinnspeed, and the almighty MAGNUM from Techart - None of them POST here, or somewhere else, and I have seen also the Magnum on a CS- dont think that this guy will not buy a S/C for his car if you look just how expensive is the bodykit - the thing is that I do believe that these kits will sell,probably will not be the best seller, but it will sell.
dont understand why someone(a shop) cant invest in this, like every other bussines this one has to have risks, otherwise where is the fun?
Comparing a svelt Carrera sports car to a portly Cayenne SUV isn't really an apples to apples comparison. MOST people are not going to race or track their Cayennes. I would hope that most Carreras find their way to the track. Therefore, I would think that power mods would be more popular. Your example is like saying a shop would sell just as many superchargers for Ford Explorers as they do for Corvettes. While you might sell a few Explorers kits here and there, their time and money is better spent developing kits for the Vettes. Anyway, I hope they come out with a kit for all of you that want one!

Old 11-13-2008, 08:41 AM
tonga3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
Comparing a svelt Carrera sports car to a portly Cayenne SUV isn't really an apples to apples comparison. MOST people are not going to race or track their Cayennes. I would hope that most Carreras find their way to the track. Therefore, I would think that power mods would be more popular. Your example is like saying a shop would sell just as many superchargers for Ford Explorers as they do for Corvettes. While you might sell a few Explorers kits here and there, their time and money is better spent developing kits for the Vettes. Anyway, I hope they come out with a kit for all of you that want one!
Funnily enough they do have them for the Explorer.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by tonga3
Funnily enough they do have them for the Explorer.

Thanks for taking the wind out of my sails. I'll get down off my box now.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:16 AM
stealthTT will become famous soon enoughstealthTT will become famous soon enough
I admit that its wrong to compare these two different cars, from this point of view, I just wanted to point that they have done it before for these cars (PORSCHE brand) even there is allways a turbo version or better ones - didnt think that many Carerra owners go to the track. Just that, and nothing more.
I didnt said that they will sell more than they sell for the C4 lets say, but they will!! Dont want to start a fight, this wasnt the purposse of the thread like TURBO vs. S/C. MOST probably they dont have to reinvent the FIRE and also MOST probably this will not be their BEST SELLER !, but again I think this will help to grew their anual income, and another thing: we are not their finnancial consultant or something so no need to make an evaluation on how manny they will sell a year, or so. This thread has to help them if they to decide if to do it or not to, based on the information gathered here.
You are right, MOST peoples dont take their PC to the track, which is one of the few SUV with sport capabilities in the market, but how come others can have these available for theirs Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan etc..and these cars dont? What you will tell me that these have better production numbers? So what? These are expensier and that's why the kit will not have the same value as it is for a Explorer - and its kind a normal thing. I havent seen any upgrade part that you can compare on price with others - even if it doesnt involve more parts or material to use, the price will be higher, so whos winning here?

SeattleBum
- I really believe that a S/C kit for these cars are just dreams and as I said before I will end up buying a Turbo, even if I wish to see how a manual GTS with a S/C kit performs, but maybe thats just me.

Last edited by stealthTT; 11-14-2008 at 06:23 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
theres already enough people in here that said they would buy it at $10k~ to justify it. the R&D costs won't be enormous like some of you may imagine; it would definitely be covered under the first orders and even leave some profit left over -- and since their cost is recouped already ... they can start offering cheaper kits for V6 Cayennes for less with gimmicks like more HP, but less than the GTS gets, etc... would be pretty profitable at that point.

Recoup your cost on the first few S/GTS owners who pay you $10K, keep charging $10K for the GTS kit, and charge $5k for the V6 kit...

the REAL problem comes at expecting any of these shops to actually get their ASSES IN GEAR and get some done quickly and get it done right. THAT is what wont happen, and by the time they are done most people here would have already gotten rid of their Cayenne's. A common problem in the auto industry is everyone is slow to get new dev. out.

Last edited by Fantasma; 11-14-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:48 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
come on guys, we don't ask them to reinvent the supercharger, all we are asking is to build a supercharger that can be fit to a Cayenne engine, which is not so different than making a supercharger to another engine, slight differences won't cost a lot.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:33 PM
SoCal955 is on a distinguished road
The main hurdle would be the ECU tune, not a major problem for any tuner shop in the FI business. The just want to make sure it would turn a profit. In my opinion there should be enough interest.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by Fantasma
theres already enough people in here that said they would buy it at $10k~ to justify it.

the REAL problem comes at expecting any of these shops to actually get their ASSES IN GEAR and get some done quickly and get it done right. THAT is what wont happen, and by the time they are done most people here would have already gotten rid of their Cayenne's. A common problem in the auto industry is everyone is slow to get new dev. out.

yes, thats what I said also.
this the right place to do it, or lets say to start this, cause 6speed is a good forum for bussines, as you all know. thats why I started this here - TO GET THEIR ATTENTION INTO THIS. a good part of the bussines come from here: like me for instance both Durametric and Fabspeed got my money after I have read your oppinions from here.

about the ECU - for a good shop this will not be big problem.
I hope at some point they will come up here and turn the lights on.
think we didnt catch their attention at this point, I guess we need to bring more peoples into this.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:26 AM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
it looks like PES-Tuning has a Supercharger for DI engines, and the Cayenne S -- which I'm sure they can make work on the GTS without much hassle.

www.pes-tuning.com

Old 12-02-2008, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by Fantasma
it looks like PES-Tuning has a Supercharger for DI engines, and the Cayenne S -- which I'm sure they can make work on the GTS without much hassle.

www.pes-tuning.com

good find!! still doesnt shows how much it is, I will pursuite to contact them.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:04 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
why not just upgrade to a ctt?
++++++++++++++++++1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NA V8 Cayenne Supercharger KIT - YES or NOT