Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.
View Poll Results: WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A S/C KIT FOR YOUR NA V8 CAYENNE?
YES
82.22%
NO
17.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

NA V8 Cayenne Supercharger KIT - YES or NOT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:31 AM
stealthTT will become famous soon enoughstealthTT will become famous soon enough
NA V8 Cayenne Supercharger KIT - YES or NOT

as far as I've searched and also asked some P specialized shops, there aren't any S/C KITS for PCS availlable. Why? Lack of interest, that's what I got when I asked. Dont know if this is true or false, but what I can say is that there are many CS produced, much more than other platforms and there isnt any kit available. WHY?

Another platform from the BMW world: the X5 with 4.4i, 4.6is, 4.8is - have S/C kits available!! - with more than ONE producer, so why not one available for the CS? Ok, many will say why supercharge when you can get CT or better CTS?
cause some will go for a S/C kit if it is developed by a good performance shop that will provide as much power or close ot what the Turbo has, and we could still keep a better price tag: S/C vs. Turbo, and also some of us would love to keep at least one car that doesnt have laag - dont want to start a fight here or something like that, all of my other cars are turboed, but I love to see and have this car S/C. Another thing, if someone will manage to develope a S/C kit, it will bolt on also on the GTS , the intake plenum is the same on both V8 platforms, as far as I know. Just think how many are out there, both 1st & 2nd gen and the only things that you can get for them is exhaust, air filters and ecu.

so, whats this poll is all about, is about getting their attention so that they will come up with a good S/C kit. as you all know: more people = much cheaper for them to develop and produce this kits. so lets encourage them to built one, at least one, or for those that a few years ago have started to built one and then they have left it unfinished: please take your tools and develop one.

SO WHAT WOULD IT BE,
WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A S/C KIT FOR YOUR NA V8 CAYENNE?

YES or NO.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:45 AM
katheikia is on a distinguished road
+1..yes

Old 11-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
i want an S/C for my GTS, and that would probably lead me to keep it... i want like 600BHP out of it and would pay $10K including install for it.
Who wants to step up? You can use my GTS for the build process

Old 11-07-2008, 01:24 AM
SoCal955 is on a distinguished road
VF engineering was developing a kit way back when for the V8 & V6, but decided to kill it....lack of interest.
I would take the plunge if they came out with it.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:44 AM
stealthTT will become famous soon enoughstealthTT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SoCal955
VF engineering was developing a kit way back when for the V8 & V6, but decided to kill it....lack of interest.
I would take the plunge if they came out with it.
maybe this thread will help them to decide and restart developing. I do believe that this thread will show that. more replies to come are waited.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by Fantasma
i want an S/C for my GTS, and that would probably lead me to keep it... i want like 600BHP out of it and would pay $10K including install for it.
Who wants to step up? You can use my GTS for the build process
thats what I was speaking about, imagine S/C GTS.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:05 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
I'm also interested. I'll be the first customer to buy the kit when it is available

Old 11-07-2008, 09:18 AM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
A Blown Gts Would Be Awesome............

Old 11-07-2008, 12:35 PM
medtech is on a distinguished road
Count me in!!

Old 11-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
couldnt this technically be developed by a tuner shop for about 10k? the key would lie in getting into the ECU and tuning it for the S/C... the parts should be easy.

No?

Old 11-07-2008, 10:01 PM
i want it now now now

Old 11-08-2008, 11:59 AM
mpatrizio is on a distinguished road
Why not just upgrade to a CTT?

Old 11-10-2008, 06:32 AM
tonga3 is on a distinguished road
I'd love to see a bolt on kit that you could install in a weekend.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:55 AM
glowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to beholdglowone is a splendid one to behold
sc

I agree that a kit for 10K would be awesome. However I dont think you will get it to that price point. They have a SC kit for 911s and they run between 15-20K installed. For an extra 15-20K you could just pick up a Cayenne TT and get a host of options and get a higher resale.

It would be cool but maybe just a dream.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:42 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
As exciting as a S/C kit would be for the Cayenne's NA versions I don't see if ever really happening since Porsche already makes blown versions (CTT/CTTS). The X5 kits are probably available since BMW didn't previously offer FI engines. There are also A LOT more X5's on the road than Cayennes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NA V8 Cayenne Supercharger KIT - YES or NOT