Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.
View Poll Results: WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A S/C KIT FOR YOUR NA V8 CAYENNE?
YES
82.22%
NO
17.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

NA V8 Cayenne Supercharger KIT - YES or NOT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 07:30 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I do not think they would price it so high that it would not create a market for it. If they priced it above 10K then the delta between a Turbo and a GTS would not be large enough for the upgrade and they would automatically move towards the Turbo. Then for the people who spent 50-65K for the V6 would not move that way because they would just upgrade to the S or GTS. They have to make sure they stage it correctly or the market will not react favorably to their offering.

They have a stage 1,2 and 3 it seems. stage 1 and 2 looks like for V6 because I have more HP than the 381 on an S/GTS. So Stag 3 with 450hp is the direction that it would make most sense. They have stage 2 listed at $4400 so stage 3 for around 6K would make more sense.

I would like to see 500 HP from it though. Thats a 120hp increase from stock for the S and a 100hp from GTS.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:21 PM
katheikia is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
I do not think they would price it so high that it would not create a market for it. If they priced it above 10K then the delta between a Turbo and a GTS would not be large enough for the upgrade and they would automatically move towards the Turbo. Then for the people who spent 50-65K for the V6 would not move that way because they would just upgrade to the S or GTS. They have to make sure they stage it correctly or the market will not react favorably to their offering.

They have a stage 1,2 and 3 it seems. stage 1 and 2 looks like for V6 because I have more HP than the 381 on an S/GTS. So Stag 3 with 450hp is the direction that it would make most sense. They have stage 2 listed at $4400 so stage 3 for around 6K would make more sense.

I would like to see 500 HP from it though. Thats a 120hp increase from stock for the S and a 100hp from GTS.
This is not for a V6, stage 1 is ECU tuning, Stage 2 is Ecu, Cat Bypass & Exhaust, and stage 3 is the supercharger. Its most likey for older CS, like mine.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
anyone give PES-Tuning a call?

Old 12-10-2008, 06:00 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Yes I did and I spoke to Patrick there. He spoke to Tony and at the moment Tony has other projects that he will concentrate on and has decided to shelve the development. They have seen the interest on this thread so they are aware. Some of the hardware integration has been done/thought out but the actual ECU for daily driving, etc has not.

Patrick did mention if there were at least 3/5 people it could potentially be something that they would entertain. I mentioned that the pricing would have been ideal around 10K or under. I am not sure what a 3/5 group project would run but hopefully they could stay in that price point.

Of course the 4.5 to 4.8 liter V8 should not make too much a change from MKI(04-06) and MK2(08-09) as long as the headers are the same. The ECU I am sure would need to be tuned differently due to DI on the MK2 motors.

I am not sure of the other technical challenges but that is the best that I can sum it up.

If any of you wish to continue then I would start another thread and with enough interest there is a possibility. I think if you could show real money being put down on this project I think it would take off. Especially at 10K or below for a potential 30-40% increase.

Just wanted to share my conversation. Please do not quote me on anything as I am just passing along the infomation told to me and I could have misinterpreted something along the way.

Patrick was very courteous at explaining their stance and perhaps with enough interest you could change Tony's

Good luck.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:02 AM
acasshmoney is on a distinguished road
just came back across this thread and was really interested in super charging the GTS or even a pro charger anyone still interested?

Old 04-05-2010, 02:27 AM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by acasshmoney
just came back across this thread and was really interested in super charging the GTS or even a pro charger anyone still interested?
have you seen the movie not gonna happen?

Old 04-06-2010, 08:34 PM
acasshmoney is on a distinguished road
if anyone is interested in getting this done in socal or if you are intersted in send your car here or driving it here it can be done so PM me if you would like

Old 04-06-2010, 09:11 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Interesting thread! Would love to see a blown V8 Cayenne

Old 04-08-2010, 01:07 AM
lucystone is on a distinguished road
hiiiii

I'm also interested. I'll be the first customer to buy the kit when it is available

Best Attorney

Old 04-09-2010, 01:07 AM
kyeguy82 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by acasshmoney
if anyone is interested in getting this done in socal or if you are intersted in send your car here or driving it here it can be done so PM me if you would like
this could be interesting. what kind of a commitment would you need? how long will the car be needed and what would all this cost?

Old 04-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Z_GTS is on a distinguished road
im interested in the kit. pm me about pricing

Old 11-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Carl Fausett is on a distinguished road
I'm Interested in building this kit

My name is Carl Fausett and I am the owner of 928 Motorsports, LLC.

We design and manufacture supercharger kits and performance parts for a few fine cars, mostly Porsche and Ferrari.

For example, we have Stage I and Stage II supercharger kits for every year and model of Porsche 928, 968 and the Ferrari 308, 328 and Mondial.
Our quality is well known.

Pictures and spec sheets on our 928 Supercharger kits are here:
http://www.928m.com/parts/superchargers.html

Videos that show the Supercharger kits running and being emissions tested are here:
http://www.928m.com/ourvideos.html

You can also download the first third of the Installation Manual for our
Supercharger kits and read it at:
http://www.928m.com/install.html

I am considering making a SC kit for the V6 and V8 Cayenne.

Please tell me your thoughts.

Carl

Old 11-05-2010, 12:16 PM
RisingAgainst is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Carl Fausett
My name is Carl Fausett and I am the owner of 928 Motorsports, LLC.

We design and manufacture supercharger kits and performance parts for a few fine cars, mostly Porsche and Ferrari.

For example, we have Stage I and Stage II supercharger kits for every year and model of Porsche 928, 968 and the Ferrari 308, 328 and Mondial.
Our quality is well known.

Pictures and spec sheets on our 928 Supercharger kits are here:
http://www.928m.com/parts/superchargers.html

Videos that show the Supercharger kits running and being emissions tested are here:
http://www.928m.com/ourvideos.html

You can also download the first third of the Installation Manual for our
Supercharger kits and read it at:
http://www.928m.com/install.html

I am considering making a SC kit for the V6 and V8 Cayenne.

Please tell me your thoughts.

Carl
Love the idea. To account for distance, is there any feasibility in making a full kit and shipping it to have other tuners install?

Old 11-05-2010, 12:20 PM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Totally In! Now where can I find 10K to pay for it? Oh well.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Carl Fausett is on a distinguished road
Thats the plan. Thats the same way we engineer all of our kits.

Please have a look at our installation instructions - they are very comprehensive. Most of our kits are installed by the owners of the car themselves.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NA V8 Cayenne Supercharger KIT - YES or NOT