Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Anyone tried this Intake?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:29 PM
00spyder is on a distinguished road
Anyone tried this Intake?

I am currently considering an intake for my GTS and will most likely go the EVOMS route, but saw this posting on e-bay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...Q5fAccessories

1/3 the price so figured it was worth a look.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:39 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
I would strongly say to stay away from the foam filter, there are much better filters out there than this method (cheap insurance for a expensive engine).

Old 01-10-2011, 04:47 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
I pinged him on ebay as I saw he bought them. He had them installed by a 3rd party and was happy with the sound. Said install was fine, but the filters were cheap so he had to go in for more coin on a better set.

After his info, I went for the Evos. Here is why:

1. The filters are in the flow of where the Cayennes cold air piping outlets are. In it, not " near it".

2. They come with the heat shields that keep the filters from sucking in hot engine air.

3. The filters are TOP QUALITY.

Overall, the $200 filters work and sound nice but, you will not have quality filters and they will be sucking hot air. I say, better to eat out less for a month and buy a product that was engineered and proven to work vs a pair of polished tubes and foam ***** from south America. EVOs all the way.

BTW - you will feel more torque and the sound is great (like a small bear under your hood).

Old 01-10-2011, 05:17 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 00spyder
I am currently considering an intake for my GTS and will most likely go the EVOMS route, but saw this posting on e-bay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-Cayenne-GT-GTS-S-v8-intake-filter-no-chip-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a61317bffQQitemZ25073 8736127QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

1/3 the price so figured it was worth a look.

i was actually thinking of that CAI..less the filter...but i think the intercooler piping kit is better....ahh.. i will just sit it out till spring....

like something like this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-INC...Q5fAccessories

Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 PM
quattrotman is on a distinguished road
I bought that intake from the same seller on ebay. I have been completely satisfied with it. It went in no prob. The hot air thing is a non-issue because you leave the bottom intake section of your stock filter box in place. It kind of acts like a heat shield too. There is no direct hot air like a boiling hot cat or turbo so a heat shield isn't going to make any real difference. I prefer the foam filter and that is why I bought it. I will NEVER and I repeat NEVER EVER by a K&N or any other 'oiled' filter again. They are CRAP. They will wreck your mass airflow sensor guaranteed. It is not a matter of if but when. The oil in the filter gets eventually sucked into the intake and messes up the very sensative sensor. I have replaced this many times at great expense in several vehicles until I was told by a very wise mechanic never to use an oiled filter for the reason which I describe. Ever since, I have never had a problem. Anyways, save yourself some money and go with this intake. It won't make any power anyways, none of them do. Factory intake is tough to improve on but it offers a great sound and a bit better response. It hides under the engine covers anyways so you can't see what it looks like either. I usually agree with the 'you get what you pay for' thing but in this case, I have to say that the ones that cost more are simply a rip off. My 2 cents.