Introducing the AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit. Now Available.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Introducing the AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit. Now Available.

Presenting the Porsche 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit, by AWE Tuning.

AWE Tuning presents the Porsche 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit -- Precision cast end tanks, massive cores, more fins, carbon fiber ducting, backed by AWE Tuning R&D. If you’re serious about consistent cooling and proven power, read on.

AWE Tuning 991TT Performance Intercooler Highlights:
  • 17% increase in volume over stock
  • Lowers intake air temperatures by as much as 32°F compared to stock
  • Dyno-verified max gains of 26 hp and 21 ft-lbs of torque at the crank
  • 50% decreased pressure drop through intercooler cores
  • Increased fin density
  • AWE Tuning bespoke carbon fiber ducts
  • Efficient bar/plate core style
  • Precision cast and machined end tanks for optimized air flow
  • 6-ply silicone hoses with factory-type locking mechanism
  • Stainless steel T-bolt clamps for extreme clamping force
  • Direct, fully reversible, plug and play install
  • Engineered in-house at AWE Tuning using sophisticated Computer Aided Design & Computational Fluid Dynamics software
  • AWE Tuning Fitment Guarantee
Designed in-house.

The AWE Tuning 991TT Intercooler Kit leverage generations of Porsche Intercooler engineering, dating back to the 996. Cast end tanks designed in-house using sophisticated CAD (Computer Aided Design) and CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) software, specially designed cores, power testing and dyno-fueled refinement, and more.

Goals set, torture testing executed, Porsche 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit born.

More Volume. More Fins. More Cooling. More Performance.

Compared to the 991’s stock intercoolers, the AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercoolers’ cores are 17% larger (523 cubic inches vs 448 cubic inches). In contrast to the stock cores, AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercoolers are a high flow bar and plate style, and are built to our charge row and fin count specifications. These specifications result in 20% reduced air temperatures and 50% improved pressure resistance through the cores. These lowered air temperatures and freer flow allowed the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 Turbo S to achieve dyno-verified max gains of 26 HP and 21 ft-lbs of torque at the crank when used with the AWE Tuning 991TT Performance Exhaust and S-FLO Carbon Intake, and G.I.A.C Stage 2 software, translating to almost a full second reduction in 60-130mph acceleration times.

More Carbon Fiber.

We’ve designed the biggest cores the 991TT rear fenders could fit, and as a result of the size difference, the OEM ducts couldn’t be utilized. To feed fresh, cooler air to the intercooler cores, proper flowing ducts are mandatory. Cue AWE Tuning Carbon Fiber ducts. The result: straightforward and bolt-in, seamlessly mating to the AWE Tuning Performance Intercoolers. No trimming or cutting necessary and the AWE Tuning Fitment Guarantee.

Installation Hardware.

In addition to the superior core and end tank design, the AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit also features thick wall 6-ply silicone hoses with gentle curves to prevent bursting under pressure. They are attached to the factory intake and turbos by stainless steel high force t-bolt clamps, and a molded lip is integrated where the hoses meet the turbos to duplicate the factory locking mechanism. Further, our hoses use a Nomex braiding, instead of more common polyester, for superior strength. The very best materials and industry leading engineering separate this kit from all others on the market.

Whether you’re simply running enhanced software, or planning on a larger turbo upgrade for your car, the AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit is exactly what you need to deliver proven, consistent power.

Data:

Availability:

The AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit is available through our network of elite dealers. Locate one near you!

Click any of the images above to be taken to the AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit product page.

Questions? I'm here, hit me!

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 10-01-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:08 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Question - the gains you described are with the same exact tune? Or did you run GIAC stage 2 vs GIAC stage 2 +.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
Question - the gains you described are with the same exact tune? Or did you run GIAC stage 2 vs GIAC stage 2 +.
All tests were done with G.I.A.C Stage 2 Software.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:27 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE
All tests were done with G.I.A.C Stage 2 Software.
So with GIAC stage 2 + or COBB stage 3 we will see more improvement in power yes?

Old 10-01-2015, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor
I can't comment on the aforementioned software, I'm afraid, as we haven't tested our ICs with them.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:47 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
So with GIAC stage 2 + or COBB stage 3 we will see more improvement in power yes?
jyupitt1,

Jumping in for Josh here.

To mirror what he said, we cannot say for sure. However past experience has shown that a properly sized intercooler will make power regardless of what software is being used.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Snazzy Mike!

Old 10-05-2015, 03:50 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Snazzy Mike!
Thanks, muchacho!

Old 10-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Mike/AWE
jyupitt1,

To mirror what he said, we cannot say for sure. However past experience has shown that a properly sized intercooler will make power regardless of what software is being used.
Thanks Mike. Sam, I will see how much faster the COBB stage 3 with IC at the ATCO will be and you might be getting a call after.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cheers. When you work with me you will get what you want. Whether I make it or one of my friends does!

Old 10-05-2015, 04:13 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike/AWE
jyupitt1,

Agreed 100%. Upgraded cooling and lowering intake air temperatures is a great thing for the car regardless of which tune you are using.

Before the upgraded intercoolers my trap speeds at the spring DFC runway event fell 6 mph after the first run. With the upgraded intercoolers they stayed the same and actually got faster as traction improved as the temp rose out of the 50s. My runs and times in the afternoon were better than those in the morning because I was finally putting the power down and wasn't worrying about heat soak.

If you can find intercoolers with greater intercooling capacity than the crappy tiny stock ones I would recommend doing it regardless if you're using a Cobb or GIAC tune.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:54 AM
Former Vendor
ExcelerateRep will become famous soon enough
Such an awesome release guys! We are a full bore AWE Tuning distributor located in Connecticut. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me.

We are also fully equipped as a flashing location and dealer for EPL (European Perfomance Labs) EPL is also moving locations and moving into one of our units in our building. So we will have access to Tony's dyno tuning services (I'm not sure if he tunes the 991 platform yet) but If anyone would like to jump in and see what these inter coolers can do, let me know!

Old 10-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Former Vendor
Different Views.

Assembled, off car, and a stock vs AWE Tuning Porsche 991 Performance Intercooler visual comparison!

Old 10-09-2015, 09:23 PM
DJ991Turbo is on a distinguished road
AWE 991TT Intercooler

Originally Posted by Josh/AWE
Different Views.

Assembled, off car, and a stock vs AWE Tuning Porsche 991 Performance Intercooler visual comparison!

Any pricing available yet ?

Old 10-09-2015, 09:57 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by DJ991Turbo
Any pricing available yet ?
Yep! Here's a link to the web page where you'll find details and pricing: http://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-tuning...e-intercoolers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Introducing the AWE Tuning Porsche 991TT Performance Intercooler Kit. Now Available.