Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Shift from 1st to 2nd long delay!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:20 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Shift from 1st to 2nd long delay!

I first noticed during a test drive that when hard acceleration from a stop there is a long delay when shifting from 1st to 2nd. I know that it is probably because of the torque converter and the significant amount of torque that a CTT has.
Maybe its because I am used to the quick shifts of the PDK. The CTT is crazy fast and nimble but this delay shifting will literally fling my upper body forward and then slam it back once it shifts into 2nd.

Does anyone else think that its a little much other then me?

Old 03-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
What year?
Guessing not the new 8 speed which is so smooth and fairly quick.
It's not m5 smg shifting fast so my guess is you're just wishing you felt fast as before and are anticipating something you will not get.
Normal operation is my guess, nothing to worry about.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:09 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Yes, brand new 8speed.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Jace,
Forgot to mention that the 2 CTT's I test drove was not the one I bought. But they all had the long delay and the same with mine. Now that I have the mods and much more power its even worse.

I am not worried just wondering if I am just too sensitive to it or others notice it also.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Aperture776 is on a distinguished road
I have a CS and that happened to me under full throttle acceleration. It would hit 6500 rpm then slowly hold and shift to 2nd. I thought it was a little odd and long so I released the throttle. I'm still not at that break in point so I have not attempted a full throttle acceleration again. I'll let you know as soon as I get there.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
My guess is this is normal, just over anticipating, "wishing" faster, but then it's not.